I Think Dom Secured A Spot If Not #2

jeho71

He's looked good all pre-season and that TD pass was perfection. Redman and JPW haven't done squat, in fact actually looked terrible.

Get Dom some more reps because he's the only one after Ryan that I'd want to see play in the regular season if it came to having to use a backup.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems quite clear:

1. M. Ryan

2. C. Redman (At this point, it's just a title...He knows our system and has NFL experience)

3. D. Davis (Earned it tonight. He is the only backup to drive the offense down field to a TD)

J. Wilson has had ample time to learn our system and execute. May be a good dude, smart even. But this is a "What have you done for me lately?" league and Forward Progress should be mandatory.

To add - If D. Davis can show more of this Moxie and Touch then you have to think C. Redman is on a rather short leash as the #2.

Edited by jesushchristo

It seems quite clear:

1. M. Ryan

2. C. Redman (At this point, it's just a title...He knows our system and has NFL experience)

3. D. Davis (Earned it tonight. He is the only backup to drive the offense down field to a TD)

J. Wilson has had ample time to learn our system and execute. May be a good dude, smart even. But this is a "What have you done for me lately?" league and Forward Progress should be mandatory.

To add - If D. Davis can show more of this Moxie and Touch then you have to think C. Redman is on a rather short leash as the #2.

Yep, i think thats the proper way to do it, but if Davis became # 2... it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.

He did exactly what he needed to do tonight. DIdn't get many snaps, but made a big play with the one he got. And best thing about it is that it was a legit difficult throw with the conditions. In my mind he is defiintely passed JPW. Maybe if he has a really good week 4 he can surpass Redman. I don't know if the coach's would do that though since Redman has been here so long, but DD did look good tonight and 1 more game of him looking good would be hard for me not to want him as #2.

I

How was he an UDFA?
I don't understand that myself. It's not like East Carolina University is East Cornhole State. Dang, Chris Johnson came outta there just a few years ago....

I'm just thrilled we have him.