Michael Turner Getting Burned Again By Media.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest question. Should we not expect anything from Michael Turner tonight?

Heezy, I think it all depends upon what the coaches are looking for. That's all these preseason games are anyway, glorified scrimmages. If Koetter and Pat Hill together are looking for some display of better running plays/run blocking then I would expect to see a good bit of Turner in the 1st half.....

Honest question. Should we not expect anything from Michael Turner tonight?

More than likely not. They still don't want him to be banged up to much before the regular season. But I have a question do you think its better for a RB to do more in the preseason so that they get to mid-season form faster or take it easy to save them for down the road?

More than likely not. They still don't want him to be banged up to much before the regular season. But I have a question do you think its better for a RB to do more in the preseason so that they get to mid-season form faster or take it easy to save them for down the road?

That's what the reduction in carries is for I'm sure...more Quizz and Snelling so Turner isn't so beat up at the end. If what the coaches say is true we won't have to worry about him being beat up late.

They also forget that Turner had a groin injury during the regular seasons' closing weeks yet still played IIRC? Groin injury and power back go together like oil and water.

He'll be the new all improved Phoenix from the flames after week 1......they must be dishing dirt to keep his fantasy football stock low or summit??

If leading the NFC in rushing is losing a step, I'll take it.

I know, got a feeling Turner will get his carries this season especially after the offense puts up 14 to 21 points early. Turner will pound the rock, milk the clock for awhile then Ryan will hit Julio or Roddy on the play action. I can't wait for tonights game ... Going to be an interesting season with the new coordinators it's early but beyond the usual suspects(OL, DL) the only thing I'm worried about is the Falcons depth.

Why? Because his/her opinion may difffer from your own? GTFOH.

Was actually a joke, but a lot of people do make a lot of ignorant statements. Could careless about people getting banned unless its the true trolls just trying to stir the pot. Even then I just ignore them not even worth explaining something to them.

Guest Negatorris

I know, got a feeling Turner will get his carries this season especially after the offense puts up 14 to 21 points early. Turner will pound the rock, milk the clock for awhile then Ryan will hit Julio or Roddy on the play action. I can't wait for tonights game ... Going to be an interesting season with the new coordinators it's early but beyond the usual suspects(OL, DL) the only thing I'm worried about is the Falcons depth.

Milking the clock is what conservative teams do. We are trying to move away from that. The Falcons need to atleast lead by 30 points before 'milking the clock'. You can't win a championship by milking the clock.

Yeah he might have lost a step in the fact that he can't run away from everyone once he gets in the open like he did in '08 and '09, but he is still more then able to turn a simple 3 yard gain to a 10-20 yard just by plowing over people. If you don't believe me, go talk to the titans.

Most RB's don't run away from people to the endzone. Here is a list of RB's who's longest run didn't end up in a TD, meaning they were caught from behind.

MJD Long 56

Mccoy Long 60

Foster Long 43

Gore Long 55

Lynch Long 47

Forte Long 46

M.Bush Long 44

AP Long 54

Tate Long 56

Stewart Long 32

Sproles Long 36

Jacobs Long 28

P.Thomas Long 33

Turner was second only to Murray(91 yards) on longest TD run with an 81 yarder.

Most RB's don't run away from people to the endzone. Here is a list of RB's who's longest run didn't end up in a TD, meaning they were caught from behind.

MJD Long 56

Mccoy Long 60

Foster Long 43

Gore Long 55

Lynch Long 47

Forte Long 46

M.Bush Long 44

AP Long 54

Tate Long 56

Stewart Long 32

Sproles Long 36

Jacobs Long 28

P.Thomas Long 33

Turner was second only to Murray(91 yards) on longest TD run with an 81 yarder.

But it doesn't count because it came against the Bucs! :rolleyes:

My prediction of lesser carries, lesser YPC due to OL/no Ovie, more passes

210 carries

4.3 ypc

903 Yards

40 Receptions

9.3 ypc

372 Yards

8 Rushing, 3 Receiving TD

1275 Total Scrimmage compared to 1508 for 2011. He will be fresher though at the end of the year.

Milking the clock is what conservative teams do. We are trying to move away from that. The Falcons need to atleast lead by 30 points before 'milking the clock'. You can't win a championship by milking the clock.

Didn't say this is what I want them to do LOL, Just what they will probably do, at least till they can trust the defense.