Falcons Rumored To Be Interested In Jeff Otah?

I'm just really wondering when you will make a football related post and not a poster related post. My guess is fkn never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Add some football content or get lost old man.

So how are you digging the Dominique Davis experience? For an UDFA he shows an amazing amount of composure. It appears to me in the brief amount of actual playing time I've seen of him, his passes (whether they're to the flat, deep outs, or seam routes) are crisp, tight spirals.

Now that I have met your message board policeman requirement, your post virtually admitted that you are a frequent troller. "Between me, you and Swifty we could drive all of these boys to drink."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how are you digging the Dominique Davis experience? For an UDFA he shows an amazing amount of composure. It appears to me in the brief amount of actual playing time I've seen of him, his passes (whether they're to the flat, deep outs, or seam routes) are crisp, tight spirals.

Hot dam that's the first football post I've ever seen you make. Kudos. I think Dom has a chance at a roster spot if he doesn't step on his weenie in the next two weeks. If he does and gets cut I just hope he can teach Ryan, Red and JPW how to slide in an NFL pocket. Nice post bro. But then you had to follow it up with another poster dig like this:

Now that I have met your message board policeman requirement, your post virtually admitted that you are a frequent troller. "Between me, you and Swifty we could drive all of these boys to drink."

I aint the problem with this team bro. Swift or Gaz either. The sooner you learn this the better off we all will be. Trust me.

If Otah can only go a game or two... it might be worth it. We desperately need depth. I hope I'm wrong, but a one-legged man might be better than Baker.

It won't matter, tho. I think he's BS'ing about being able to pass the physical.

I've got my fingers crossed on Baker though Carl. He hasn't been Gawd-awful in the first 2 preseason games....and that's improvement.

I've got my fingers crossed on Baker though Carl. He hasn't been Gawd-awful in the first 2 preseason games....and that's improvement.

Me and you both bro.

This is the year we need some Dimi bust picks to rise.

Sack and Jelly for sure.

I'll be glad to eat crow. And even grant you permission to draw a pic of me eatin a four corse meal.

I'm not a big fan of picking up Otah. If anything we need some insurance at LT not another road grader (Clabo has been very stout and durable in that role). I guess if Reynolds struggled we could always slide Clabo to RG and start Otah at RT to solidify that side but I would prefer to give one of our younger players to step up. (Konz or Reynolds preferably.)

I'm not a big fan of picking up Otah. If anything we need some insurance at LT not another road grader (Clabo has been very stout and durable in that role). I guess if Reynolds struggled we could always slide Clabo to RG and start Otah at RT to solidify that side but I would prefer to give one of our younger players to step up. (Konz or Reynolds preferably.)

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Actually at Pitt he played Left Tackle for two seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jeff-otah?id=292

.Otah has the frame and bulk that the football gods love in a left tackle, but with his relative inexperience and just adequate field instincts, he might be a liability as a left tackle. He needs to be more consistent shooting his hands in attempts to battle counter moves and struggles to adjust when working on the edge. He could be a better fit at right tackle or as a guard,

Otah enrolled at Pittsburgh and immediately took over the demanding left tackle position in 2006. He started all 12 games, delivering 91 knockdowns with 13 touchdown-resulting blocks. He allowed four sacks and one quarterback pressure while recording one solo tackle and recovering a pair of fumbles.

Lacks the foot speed to play on an island at left tackle, but with his ability to quickly recoil and reset his hands after initially locking on to the opponent, he could earn a starting job immediately at right tackle at the next level

A. This article has no weight at all. It is simply some dude writing a "what if" column, because he has absolutely nothing else of real substance to say. It is not even a rumor, it's just some hack, wannabe sports writer talking out his piehole.

B. We've already been down this road with two guys (at different positions) just this offseason. Neither of those guys are with the team now.

But Clifton is too old How much longer can he play? Otah still has some years left in him.

Clifton was a Pro Bowler in 2010 but I do not know if he played well or not in 2011. I thought that the Packers let him go because they drafted both Bulaga and Sherrod to take over both of the OT positions as apart of their youth movement along the o-line.

I just saw a piece about FA NFL superstars on the net and I saw where the Steelers may not start Max Starks. The piece said that Atlanta might want to take a long look at Starks. At 6-8, 345 lbs., he could possibly solve the LT problem the Falcons are having. But on the downside, he did have a torn ACL and has been rehabbing. He is 30 yrs old. One would have to wonder if he still has some gas left in the tank.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I just saw a piece about FA NFL superstars on the net and I saw where the Steelers may not start Max Starks. The piece said that Atlanta might want to take a long look at Starks. At 6-8, 345 lbs., he could possibly solve the LT problem the Falcons are having. But on the downside, he did have a torn ACL and has been rehabbing. He is 30 yrs old. One would have to wonder if he still has some gas left in the tank.

at the age of 30. yes I would take him.

he signed for one year 810,000$. if he is going to be on the third string, I am sure pittsburgh would take a 7th rounder for him.

EDIT: after doing some research starks is going to start this week. he just came off the PUP list.

according to message boards on steelers.

Adams (the drafty from last year), apparently stinks. Gilbert is good at LT, but is said to play another position.

So I doubt they let starks be traded, unless starks really really stinks.

Him or McNeil would be a decent risk/reward signing for depth and possible big dividends. The only thing with Otah that kinda confuses me, is where we would plug him in at if healthy. He's a legit RT, prolly could play either guard spot; but is he a LT? Or would we plug him in at RT and move Clabo over to LT?

To be honest, I wonder if we couldn't just move Clabo to LT and plug in Johnson at RT, or even Konz

The nice part about Clabo is while he's not ever gonna be elite at LT hll be proficient

Him or McNeil would be a decent risk/reward signing for depth and possible big dividends. The only thing with Otah that kinda confuses me, is where we would plug him in at if healthy. He's a legit RT, prolly could play either guard spot; but is he a LT? Or would we plug him in at RT and move Clabo over to LT?

To be honest, I wonder if we couldn't just move Clabo to LT and plug in Johnson at RT, or even Konz

The nice part about Clabo is while he's not ever gonna be elite at LT hll be proficient

I have yet to hear anything about Clabo playing any LT which surprises me after all the talk about "cross training" our O lineman and about getting the best 5 guys out there. I guess there must be a decent drop off in talent to play RT if Clabo switched to LT.

I have yet to hear anything about Clabo playing any LT which surprises me after all the talk about "cross training" our O lineman and about getting the best 5 guys out there. I guess there must be a decent drop off in talent to play RT if Clabo switched to LT.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I really hope this Holmes kid surprises.