Falcons Rumored To Be Interested In Jeff Otah?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you guys dont understand, hes got alot of Ricky Williams in him ..he just dont like football that much,its not his thing, he dont care and me, I dont want a guy like that,.........
Yeah, I think we have one of those in Ray Edwards already.

Exactly, the MOFO got serious work ethic issues....from what I gather, he did not even rehab properly when he was injured ........pick up Clifton instead, he could give us what Weiner did .....

I'd be willing to bet what I'm making for the rest of the year that Dimitroff has already been checking with Clifton and/or his agent.

I've said this before on other threads that Jeff Otah might be the alternative regarding the Falcons situation on the OL at LT. Now, I'm not jumping the gun here because this is just rumor or rumors. We don't even know if there have been any talks, whether he's been invited to Atlanta, or even if any other teams are interested in him. He still has to pass the physical. The positive about him is that he is a four (4) year vet, so in comparison with the other FA OT's he's not that old so he still has something to contribute. With Otah and Blalock on that left side, the Falcons OL could be quite formidable. However, the Falcons need to give Lamar Holmes the work and the reps needed to help solidify the back up situation since the injury to Will Svitek has made OL thin at tackle. If the Falcons can get him, fine, if not, the Falcons just need to press on and do the best they can with what they already have.

I've said this before on other threads that Jeff Otah might be the alternative regarding the Falcons situation on the OL at LT. Now, I'm not jumping the gun here because this is just rumor or rumors. We don't even know if there have been any talks, whether he's been invited to Atlanta, or even if any other teams are interested in him. He still has to pass the physical. The positive about him is that he is a four (4) year vet, so in comparison with the other FA OT's he's not that old so he still has something to contribute. With Otah and Blalock on that left side, the Falcons OL could be quite formidable. However, the Falcons need to give Lamar Holmes the work and the reps needed to help solidify the back up situation since the injury to Will Svitek has made OL thin at tackle. If the Falcons can get him, fine, if not, the Falcons just need to press on and do the best they can with what they already have.

What exactly makes you think he can even play LT, he was a RT who was projected to move inside ? guy played 4 games in 2 years, is known as lazy, injury prone and over weight ..the Jets figured wayne Hunter a better option for crying out loud ..I dont get it .......

To freebird, you might want to put that question to Coach Smith. Just the other day Smith was quoted as saying that a RT could play at LT and vice versa. I did say the Falcons might be interested in Otah, If he's as bad as you say then so be it. The Falcons have the problems with their OL. The Falcons know what they need and what they don't need. My hope is that they solve this problem and soon.

To freebird, you might want to put that question to Coach Smith. Just the other day Smith was quoted as saying that a RT could play at LT and vice versa. I did say the Falcons might be interested in Otah, If he's as bad as you say then so be it. The Falcons have the problems with their OL. The Falcons know what they need and what they don't need. My hope is that they solve this problem and soon.

Clifton a much better option amigo .Otah dont help us .........

I'm actually more worried about the run blocking than the pass blocking. At least some of our Olinemen can pass block. Not many, if any can run block. If we can't run the ball, those play action passes will be a joke. Not to mention third and fourth down and one. Somebody better RTFU.

Yea, me too ........McClure aint helping much in that area, I been calling for a road grader center, and everyone thinks Im nuts .sheet, maybe I am .........

Why not sign him to 2 year incentive dominant contract with that veteran exception clause. Even if u have to put on ir this year for him to get healthy, u have a young talented tackle for future or trade bait for nothing.

He may not want to do that. He is injury prone so far and he should be aware of how little

he has done for the money he has earned in the NFL. Incentives are things he has to do

to earn his money and he has to be healthy to even play. He is not healthy enough to join

the Jets. Other than that he is young in the league and the rest of body is not getting beaten

up while he rehabs his injuries. So he should be able to go awhile if he ever gets well.