Jones-Drew To The Falcons Doesn't Make Sense.

Some of it makes sense while others it does not.

MJD actually HELPS the passing game. just because he is in in it does not mean we are just going to run run run.....

We were in the top 5 in passing attempts the last couple of years....and that is with Turner getting 300+ carries.

Why would that change JUST because we would have MJD.

He also adds a threat of of the backfield and is a threat on screens.

Marrio williams?? you mean the guy who the bills pretty much locked in their complex and offered one of the biggest contracts in history?

Yeah I mean why didn't the falcons make a run at that rolleyes.gif

Btw there were multiple sources indicating we DID call about him.......but the phone call was short when the asking price was given.

The strait up trade issue he brought up is valid as is the contract to a point.

But as usual over half of what Pat Y is saying is Bubcus.

1. chewbacca defense

The Chewbacca Defense is a term for any legal strategy or propaganda strategy that seeks to overwhelm its audience with nonsensical arguments, as a way of confusing the audience and drowning out legitimate opposing arguments. It is thus a kind of logical fallacy: specifically, a red herring fallacy and non sequitur similar to argumentum ad nauseam.

Cause it dont make sense!

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

If it ain't broke, then why try and fix it, aot of folks here just don't get it.

no, a lot of people here think a RB should have countless numbers of big plays. and when they look at stats and see turner gets 4.7 an average, they think it means you suck. then they see Jones-drew highlights and do not look up the stats of the man, and for some messed up reason they think jones is better.

I have seen only me say this. in 2010 Jones drew had 299 caries for 1324 yards. while Turner in 2011 had 301 carries for 1340.

based on just the last 3 years Turners average is 4.5; Jones-drew average is 4.533333

in the last three years jones-drew missed 2 games. Turner has missed 5.

yes Jones-drew has more receptions and more total yardage in receiving, but that is because of the scheme Koetter ran.....watch out for Turner to have this. but with less carries.

Turner (all rushing) total TD's for the last 3 years was 33. Jones-drew three year total is 28-rushing, 6-receiving (total 34)

So these two in my book are very close to the same. yes Turner is 30 and jones is 27. but is it worth trading turner and a pick/extra player for? is it worth having Jones-drew being paid a lot more?

Jones drew wants something of 8+++ a year. While Turner is at 5 and 5.5.

- for the sake of argument say they were at 33 TD in total if they played for the falcons with the contract Jones-drew wants and with Turner contract.

- Jones drew TD's would cost us 242,242$

- Turner TD's would cost us 151,515$

honestly this would be a very stupid move to do.

and for all the "I want turner to be cut" and all the "trade I want jones-drew or another RB".....debate with me, I dare you. Because I have more stats and game film to prove you wrong.

Heck. I know what a lot of y'all will say, "he lost his step".....well hear is my response to the 2011 season.

^^^^^ hmmmm seems to me he still knows who to hit and turn the burners on. (sure he might not be as awesome as he once was, but he has not been shot down either. he still does very good. and this video and many others prove it). Like I said I have more stats and videos to back up why Turner is almost on the same level as Jones-drew is.

no, a lot of people here think a RB should have countless numbers of big plays. and when they look at stats and see turner gets 4.7 an average, they think it means you suck. then they see Jones-drew highlights and do not look up the stats of the man, and for some messed up reason they think jones is better.

I have seen only me say this. in 2010 Jones drew had 299 caries for 1324 yards. while Turner in 2011 had 301 carries for 1340.

based on just the last 3 years Turners average is 4.5; Jones-drew average is 4.533333

in the last three years jones-drew missed 2 games. Turner has missed 5.

yes Jones-drew has more receptions and more total yardage in receiving, but that is because of the scheme Koetter ran.....watch out for Turner to have this. but with less carries.

Turner (all rushing) total TD's for the last 3 years was 33. Jones-drew three year total is 28-rushing, 6-receiving (total 34)

So these two in my book are very close to the same. yes Turner is 30 and jones is 27. but is it worth trading turner and a pick/extra player for? is it worth having Jones-drew being paid a lot more?

Jones drew wants something of 8+++ a year. While Turner is at 5 and 5.5.

- for the sake of argument say they were at 33 TD in total if they played for the falcons with the contract Jones-drew wants and with Turner contract.

- Jones drew TD's would cost us 242,242$

- Turner TD's would cost us 151,515$

honestly this would be a very stupid move to do.

and for all the "I want turner to be cut" and all the "trade I want jones-drew or another RB".....debate with me, I dare you. Because I have more stats and game film to prove you wrong.

Heck. I know what a lot of y'all will say, "he lost his step".....well hear is my response to the 2011 season.

^^^^^ hmmmm seems to me he still knows who to hit and turn the burners on. (sure he might not be as awesome as he once was, but he has not been shot down either. he still does very good. and this video and many others prove it). Like I said I have more stats and videos to back up why Turner is almost on the same level as Jones-drew is.

Turner is at 7.5 and 8 mil......

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Turner is at 7.5 and 8 mil......

no he is not. you are looking at cap hit for turner. and not cap hit for jones-drew. see people do not compare apples to apples for some reason on this board.

he gets 5 million this year. and 5.5 million next year.

http://www.spotrac.c...michael-turner/

but thanks for trying to argue.

anyone else want to try to take a crack at telling me how turner should be cut/traded/how he lost a step???

EDIT:

here is jones-drew contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/maurice-jones-drew/

Jones wants 8 million plusssss. for base, not the cap hit. trust me, he could care less about cap hit.

- see you are not doing apples to apples. you hear jones-drew wants 8 million, but for some reason you look at BASE and not cap-hit. LOL why would he want 8 million in cap hit, when he is already getting over 8 million in cap hit, right now???

you guys kill me with not comparing things correctly. y'all are so fast to say turner stinks cause he get 4.5 an average on carries, and it is cause of his carries he gets 1300+++ yards in total. BUT then when you look at someone like jones-drew y'all forget about the carries amount and say he is AMAZING.

why is it so hard for y'all to compare apples to apples? I proved above, that turner and jones drew are on the same page almost. yet y'all do not get it....why??? do y'all just hate turner? do y'all think RB's should always be explosive or something? because rarely is a RB constantly explosive. (side note before you point to chris johnson you really need to look at his amazing 2009. the guy carried 5.6 an average....not 10, not 20, not 30......just 5.6)

The idea of MJD in this offense, you can't help but be intrigued. it's just simply not practical to spend a high pick on 27 year old RB, when you can get a stud RB in the second round. We are better off playing out Turner's contract and seeing what he has left in the tank. The guy led the NFC in rushing last season. We have Quizz to evaluate, and a draft to replace Turner next year if he's spent.