The King Of The South (T.i) Wants Falcons To Sign Chad Johnson

Charlie pride.. that's awesome man. Much respect. One of many black men to bust down racial barriers that nobody talks about.

One of my moms favorite musicians that she ever met. She is super proud of meeting charlie pride. Legend.

In regards to your dad as a jazz musician I see why you have eclectic taste. Jazz musicians are among the most open minded when it comes to music. If its got feeling and soul they love it.

Wish I was musically gifted. I couldn't carry a note if it had handles and was strapped to my body. But i love it none the less.

Thx. I had no idea we were related to him til he came to my grandparents house and they told me he was related to us. At the time I was too young and could care less who he was but as I grew up I realized who he was and how important he was in breaking down barriers in country and music in general. That's cool ur mom met him.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all kinds of music, but Houston rap is not Southern, it is third-coast. Ludacris, and to a lesser extent Outkast, put Atlanta and the South on the map for hip hop.

Like I said before it is up for interpretation. 3rd coast? I hate that term.

How is Houston not the south? And to say Luda put southern rap on the map is way off base. Luda isn't even originally from the South.

But to each their own.

Novafalcon.. what defines southern rap in your opinion?

Enlighten me please. And no I am not being a smart a55..

Southern rap is maybe - maybe - and it pains me to say it - New Orleans (No Limit/Cash Money), plus Mississippi, Alabama, North Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and North and South Carolina. So, 8 Ball and MJG, David Banner, Petey Pablo, Bubba Sparxx, Three 6 Mafia, Bonecrusher, Ying Yang Twins, Ludacris plus whoever I am forgetting.

Edited by NOVAFalconFan

Southern rap is maybe - maybe - and it pains me to say it - New Orleans (No Limit/Cash Money), plus Mississippi, Alabama, North Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and North and South Carolina. So, 8 Ball and MJG, David Banner, Petey Pablo, Bubba Sparxx, Three 6 Mafia, Bonecrusher, Ying Yang Twins, Ludacris plus whoever I am forgetting.

Wow. New Orleans isn't on this third coast (gulf coast) you speak of.. not groups/ rappers but what content is needed to meet your criteria of southern rap?

Wow if that is your list of southern rap then I guess Texas rappers should wear it with a badge of honor to not be included.

Because most of those on your list sucks.

Why did VH1 honor Bun B and Rap a lot records at the Southern music awards.

Guess you need to get on the horn and school some people then.

Edited by Sui_Generis

Wow if that is your list of southern rap then I guess Texas rappers should wear it with a badge of honor to not be included.

Because most of those on your list sucks.

Why did VH1 honor Bun B and Rap a lot records at the Southern music awards.

Guess you need to get on the horn and school some people then.

I lived in Texas for a long time, Texas and Houston are not the South. Now, I like Paul Wall and Mike Jones, Slim Thug, and the rest of Swisha House. Never cared for screwing and chopping though.

Likewise, I DJ so I've always been open to different types of music. When I say DJ I don't mean I came up on Serato, I have Serato lol, but I still have and spin on vinyl...1200's all day!!

I'm a dj as well. A 1200 dj. Lol. I know exactly what you mean bro. I'm gonna get back into it cause all the producers that come from djing are doing it. JD, Lil Jon, Manny Fresh. I'm missing that part of it. You do clubs?

I lived in Texas for a long time, Texas and Houston are not the South. Now, I like Paul Wall and Mike Jones, Slim Thug, and the rest of Swisha House. Never cared for screwing and chopping though.

Paul Wall is a better buisness man than rapper.

Mike Jones sucks. Flat out.

I hate the chopped stuff although Dj Screw did a lot for the music scene here.

Zro, Lil Keke, old school Lil flip, SPM, HAWK, Fat Pat just to name a few are way better.

So, what is Texas then. How is it not the South? If based on geography alone it is further south than ATL. Just curious because your reasons make no sense.

I'm a dj as well. A 1200 dj. Lol. I know exactly what you mean bro. I'm gonna get back into it cause all the producers that come from djing are doing it. JD, Lil Jon, Manny Fresh. I'm missing that part of it. You do clubs?

I haven't done any clubs, just mainly hobby. A lot of money invested in equipment, but it's always been for the love for me. I have done wedding receptions, pool parties, and skate parties. Like how omar epps was in Juice...I'm just local lol..