Would You Trade Julio Jones?

Robinit

That is not how championships are won though man . Championships are won by complete teams . Championships are not on individuals backs. Julio is going to be a great player as long as he stay healthy that does not mean we are destined to win a championship . Julio Jones was on the team that scored 0 points on offense in the playoffs vs the NY GIANTS . Did you see what

Hakeem Nicks did to us http://www.giants.co...ba-7289d692958b..He is a very talented wr that cost only 1 draft pick man .

Yes I saw that garbage game...However having those players you mentioned would not have prevented that outcome of the game since we are talking about the past....Alot of the issues were the gameplan and the players executing it. Julio was decent that game but overall it was our 4 and 1's that killed us...Also by the way, if Julio stays healthy and god please dont let me down...Then Julio will be the most feared WR in the league...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not how championships are won though man . Championships are won by complete teams . Championships are not on individuals backs. Julio is going to be a great player as long as he stay healthy that does not mean we are destined to win a championship . Julio Jones was on the team that scored 0 points on offense in the playoffs vs the NY GIANTS . Did you see what

Hakeem Nicks did to us http://www.giants.co...ba-7289d692958b..He is a very talented wr that cost only 1 draft pick man .

Championships are won by complete teams. Having elite players at several positions does make everyone else's job in the unit a lot easier. The trade you mentioned is a wash IMHO. It does not make our team any better than it is. It wouldn't make it worse either though, because Joe Thomas is a beast. But I still would not make that trade.

It's like it's an epidemic in fandom. People always ignore the cap. The key to having a great team during the cap era is by having players that are much better than their contracts would indicate. That is what makes it so difficult to find a fair trade for Julio. You are giving up a player with elite capabilities with a pedestrian contract, which is VERY tough to come by. When you do get that, you do not trade it away because it allows you to be so much more flexible when it comes to building a complete team.

Joe Thomas has a 7 year $84m deal. In other words, he is being paid to be a premier LT. He makes $8m more per season than what we are paying Julio. That's $8m a year average we don't have available to us in cap space to make moves at other positions.

Greg Little is not special. He is a mediocre WR that is a 2 at best, a good 3.

Trent Richardson is a question mark and he doesn't improve our team. He is in the same mold as Turner, so he does absolutely nothing for us this season, though admittedly, he would be an upgrade next season. BUT, he signed a fully guaranteed 4 year, $20.4m contract. That's another $5.1m per season average that we don't have in cap space to fill other holes.

Your trade adds $18.1m in contract obligations while only freeing up $4m. In other words, your trade gives us an average of $14m LESS in cap space over the next several years to fill other holes and build a complete team. From a player standpoint, yes, Joe Thomas alone improves our team and adding in those other two players could improve our overall team. From a cap standpoint, we are better off with Julio due to the sacrifices we'd have to make with that much added cap commitment.

Would love to hear everyone's opionion on a WIDE RECEIVER that they would trade for Julio. Personally, I cant think of a single one who posesses the size, speed, focus, blocking skills, determination to get the ball in the endzone, focus......I could go on and on. Is there another receiver you'd trade him for straight up?

NO!

Get over it already! Ofcourse if Julio was horrible last season then we all might still be on this issue. Julio is a top 5 WR and we are very lucky to have him. Draft picks only matter to teams who are starting to clean house and rebuild or teams in the dwellar, good teams need quality depth but usually need that one missing piece or that one free agent acquisition thus they can afford to gamble with picks. Be thankful we have a GM who believes in that. Now I ask, how many teams would do the same thing knowing now what type of player Julio is????

laugh.png , okay. I was just making a statement that I wasn't happy with it when it happened. Trust me, I am nothing dwelling over it, just I may have been wrong with my first thoughts on the situation.

Championships are won by complete teams. Having elite players at several positions does make everyone else's job in the unit a lot easier. The trade you mentioned is a wash IMHO. It does not make our team any better than it is. It wouldn't make it worse either though, because Joe Thomas is a beast. But I still would not make that trade.

It's like it's an epidemic in fandom. People always ignore the cap. The key to having a great team during the cap era is by having players that are much better than their contracts would indicate. That is what makes it so difficult to find a fair trade for Julio. You are giving up a player with elite capabilities with a pedestrian contract, which is VERY tough to come by. When you do get that, you do not trade it away because it allows you to be so much more flexible when it comes to building a complete team.

Joe Thomas has a 7 year $84m deal. In other words, he is being paid to be a premier LT. He makes $8m more per season than what we are paying Julio. That's $8m a year average we don't have available to us in cap space to make moves at other positions.

Trent Richardson is a question mark and he doesn't improve our team. He is in the same mold as Turner, so he does absolutely nothing for us this season, though admittedly, he would be an upgrade next season. BUT, he signed a fully guaranteed 4 year, $20.4m contract. That's another $5.1m per season average that we don't have in cap space to fill other holes.

Your trade adds $18.1m in contract obligations while only freeing up $4m. In other words, your trade gives us an average of $14m LESS in cap space over the next several years to fill other holes and build a complete team. From a player standpoint, yes, Joe Thomas alone improves our team and adding in those other two players could improve our overall team. From a cap standpoint, we are better off with Julio due to the sacrifices we'd have to make with that much added cap commitment.

I wouldnt be ignoring the cap . Joe Thomas the best player in the trade is signed long term .Trent Richardson could be a bargain at his contract value if his talent takes him to where I believe he could be a top 5 producing rb . Its a slight more then Julio Jones contract but instead of the 3 years with Julio we get 4 with Trent . Plus with the addition of Joe Thomas - that wipes out Sam Baker 3 million contract . The addition of Trent Richardson wipes out Turner contract . Its really simple to figure out . We are adding the premier LT in the game that is a beast . We are freeing up cap space by cutting Sam Baker since Joe Thomas is taking his job and we are replacing Michael Turner and his contract

Dont bother using sense, he's disabled.

And really butthurt.

Who did the Falcons get in the trade? A BEAST! 2nd best WR in the game behind CJ very very very soon.

Who did the Browns get in the trade? No one.

Who would this idiot get with those draft picks? Less than no one.

There's no better feeling than getting a one-of-a-kind talent at the beginning of his career!

We fill some holes on the team. We fill the LT hole with the best LT in the game . We fill the hole at rb with a rb with incredible talent in Trent Richardson . We fill the hole at 2 wr with Greg Little. Next year draft we could plan on adding depth and dline talent . Outside that Falcons would have no real hole with that trade. The future will be bright .

Roddy White is still in prime of his career . He still will be the go to guy . We know have a franchise T to protect the franchise QB . A potential beast RB that can carry teams like Ray Rice carried the Ravens to playoff success . Plus a very complimentary no#2 wr . I think the trade would be a no brainer cause it makes the Falcons more of a complete team why still building for the future . We all know Greg Little is no Julio but he doesnt have to be ...Greg has to move the chains and make plays. I think Greg has enough talent to do so . He played on a horrible team last year had 61 catches and 709 yards as a ROOKIE ..not to shabby

I wouldnt be ignoring the cap . Joe Thomas the best player in the trade is signed long term .Trent Richardson could be a bargain at his contract value if his talent takes him to where I believe he could be a top 5 producing rb . Its a slight more then Julio Jones contract but instead of the 3 years with Julio we get 4 with Trent . Plus with the addition of Joe Thomas - that wipes out Sam Baker 3 million contract . The addition of Trent Richardson wipes out Turner contract . Its really simple to figure out . We are adding the premier LT in the game that is a beast . We are freeing up cap space by cutting Sam Baker since Joe Thomas is taking his job and we are replacing Michael Turner and his contract

Now you just made our team worse. You are cutting Turner to make room for Richardson. Turner is a top 5 RB. And we are paying him the same as Richardson over the next couple of years. Richardson is a step back from a proven vet "this season". You are cutting Sam Baker and creating a hole at backup LT. Yes, we obviously improve LT, but we have no depth at LT as it is so we would not cut Baker if we did that.

You made our team worse with that trade scenario. We take a BIG step back at WR, a significant step back at RB, but a BIG step forward at LT. All of that with at least $8m more against the cap.

If we had the cap space to do this trade, we'd be MUCH better off using that space on a bonafide LT and keeping Julio.

Now you just made our team worse. You are cutting Turner to make room for Richardson. Turner is a top 5 RB. And we are paying him the same as Richardson over the next couple of years. Richardson is a step back from a proven vet "this season". You are cutting Sam Baker and creating a hole at backup LT. Yes, we obviously improve LT, but we have no depth at LT as it is so we would not cut Baker if we did that.

You made our team worse with that trade scenario. We take a BIG step back at WR, a significant step back at RB, but a BIG step forward at LT. All of that with at least $8m more against the cap.

If we had the cap space to do this trade, we'd be MUCH better off using that space on a bonafide LT and keeping Julio.

The only WR you would trade him for is Calvin.

Dont say no because you would absolutely not trade Calvin for Julio if we had Calvin and the Lions had Julio.

Calvin is actually taller and faster and has the best hands in the league.

Jones is a top 5 WR already and I'm very happy we traded up for him.

But Calvin is the #1 WR and has better ability than any WR to ever play the game. If you put him and Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc in a real draft a GM would take Calvin. They did something like that two years ago and Calvin went in the top 10 with all time greats.

I love Julio and his fit in the offense but don't kid yourself. If matt Ryan could have a WR he could loft it up to in any coverage toward the end zone, it would be Calvin.

So far in this thread I have heard 95% of the board say, "Phuck NO" to any trades of Julio or stating that there are only a couple in the league they would entertain the idea for, and a couple of people lambast the original Julio trade and then a couple of posters that really went into rants about the possiblity of not only trading the brightest up and coming star that we have, but then went as far as to call the fanbase morons for not wanting to destroy our cap situation, take a huge step back, talent-wise at WR, all in the name of those "realists" being right....

2.5 days until the third preseason game, and this is what we have to talk about...

SMDH

Turner will no longer be a top 5 rb . He was in the past . Trent Richardson has potential to be a top 5 RB . There is no hole as a backup LT . The Falcons drafted Holmes as a project . Joe Thomas is a remarkable upgrade over Baker. Its that simple. This trade wouldnt be for this season only it will be whats best for the future of the ATLANTA FALCONS . Its that simple. We get a potential stud rb to replace Turner. We get the best LT in the game of football to protect the franchise QB and we get a competent number 2 wr .

This will limited the holes the Falcons have going forward and can spend the draft finding Tony G replacement and a premier DT .

Falcons will be more of a complete team ...SAME TEAM that went 13-3 with Michael Jenkins

Turner will no longer be a top 5 rb . He was in the past . Trent Richardson has potential to be a top 5 RB . There is no hole as a backup LT . The Falcons drafted Holmes as a project . Joe Thomas is a remarkable upgrade over Baker. Its that simple. This trade wouldnt be for this season only it will be whats best for the future of the ATLANTA FALCONS . Its that simple. We get a potential stud rb to replace Turner. We get the best LT in the game of football to protect the franchise QB and we get a competent number 2 wr .

This will limited the holes the Falcons have going forward and can spend the draft finding Tony G replacement and a premier DT .

Falcons will be more of a complete team ...SAME TEAM that went 13-3 with Michael Jenkins

Swift, your trade idea sucks almost as bad as your rating on the fan-o-meter.

Give it up, dude.

The only WR you would trade him for is Calvin.

Dont say no because you would absolutely not trade Calvin for Julio if we had Calvin and the Lions had Julio.

Calvin is actually taller and faster and has the best hands in the league.

Jones is a top 5 WR already and I'm very happy we traded up for him.

But Calvin is the #1 WR and has better ability than any WR to ever play the game. If you put him and Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc in a real draft a GM would take Calvin. They did something like that two years ago and Calvin went in the top 10 with all time greats.

I love Julio and his fit in the offense but don't kid yourself. If matt Ryan could have a WR he could loft it up to in any coverage toward the end zone, it would be Calvin.

Did you watch the first preseason game, when Julio and Ryan were lighting up the Ravens?

Did you watch his first TD, against two defenders in the back of the end zone? I am not saying Julio is there yet in the conversation with CJ, but I think to put it in directions we can all understand...if the elite WR zone CJ lives in, is Atlanta...Julio is on 75s, passing the North Ave exit.

how does it suck...quit playing Madden dude...its hypothetical it wont happen though but makes Falcons better ...stop being a HOE

Where else could we be 7MM +/- over the Salary cap, while reducing talent in two areas of the team, only to greatly increase the talent at another position, other than Madden with the Salary cap off?

Maybe you should take your own advice. Dude.

Trust Me (sorry couldn't help myself)

how does it suck...quit playing Madden dude...its hypothetical it wont happen though but makes Falcons better ...stop being a HOE

It sucks because you are not trading Julio for those 3 guys. You are trading Julio, Turner, and Baker. You said yourself you would cut Turner and Baker, so it's not a 3 for 1 anymore. And you want to hand the load to a rookie that's already injured. Sure, he has potential, as does every draft pick. A fraction of them ever meet that potential. And you are strapping our cap to not make other moves in the future.

It's a bad trade dude. $18m a year cap average added. Baker's cap is 0 next year, so cutting him does nothing for our future. Julio + Turner is about $9m a year, so you put us on the hook for an extra $9m per season for a team I don't think is any better.