Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdub051082

Jags Owner Is Moving Forward, Mjd Is Up For Trade

240 posts in this topic

In which case they end up trading him, but DEFINITELY not for a 30.5 YO Mike Turner

They might trade him if he reports. In my opinion, they will not if he doesn't. This owner is pretty pizzed about this whole thing and he is going to make an example out of MJD I think.

the question i have is how much does MT make a yr vs. MJD this yr.

They are about the same, but MJD is looking for a raise and Turner isn't.

In 2010, MJD missed two games. He averaged more carries per game than Turner. So....that's 3 years in a row that MJD has averaged more carries per game than Turner.

I always check the stats.

MJD's had 1151 carries in 62 games. Turner's had 1189 carries in 59 games. So since Turner has been in Atlanta, he has had more carries than MJD and missed more games and averaged more carries per game. So let's extrapolate. MJD would have had 1188 carries if he stays healthy. Turner would have had 1290 carries.

MJD's had 1151 carries in 62 games. Turner's had 1189 carries in 59 games. So since Turner has been in Atlanta, he has had more carries than MJD and missed more games and averaged more carries per game. So let's extrapolate. MJD would have had 1188 carries if he stays healthy. Turner would have had 1290 carries.

The comparison doesn't work because MJD wasn't the starter in 2008 in Jacksonville.

The point was....Mularkey wasn't using Turner anymore in Atlanta than Koetter has been using MJD in Jacksonville. The only year that was not true was 2008. Fred Taylor was the starting RB for Jacksonville in 2008.

I would bring him on and switch out him, Turner, and Rodgers. Antone Smith ST. Cut Cox and make Snelling a full time FB. Run it.

I would edit your totally misleading thread title to reflect some modicum of reality, Mr. Attention Whore Madden Boy.

MJD is absolutely NOT up for trade. We might as well be talking about trading for Aaron Rodgers or Calvin Johnson.

I would edit your totally misleading thread title to reflect some modicum of reality, Mr. Attention Whore Madden Boy.

MJD is absolutely NOT up for trade. We might as well be talking about trading for Aaron Rodgers or Calvin Johnson.

LMAO!

The comparison doesn't work because MJD wasn't the starter in 2008 in Jacksonville.

The point was....Mularkey wasn't using Turner anymore in Atlanta than Koetter has been using MJD in Jacksonville. The only year that was not true was 2008. Fred Taylor was the starting RB for Jacksonville in 2008.

If I can't include 08, then you can't include 09 then. Turner was out with injury and missed games. As a starter with Koetter, MJD broke 330 carries once. Turner's done it twice and would have been 3 had not gotten injured in 2009.

If I can't include 08, then you can't include 09 then. Turner was out with injury and missed games. As a starter with Koetter, MJD broke 330 carries once. Turner's done it twice and would have been 3 had not gotten injured in 2009.

You are trying to split hairs, when my point was that their workloads have been effectively equal. And even that isn't true because of all the screen passes MJD has been catching.

You're forgetting MJDs high amount of catches. MJD has many more touches than Turner.

The Patriots worked Corey Dillon before Brady started throwing for 5,000 yards every season and even then he really only had one notable season before he started to fade away.

But I wasn't even talking about the Patriots and Packers adding MJD to run him into the ground. I was talking about them adding him to expand their passing game. Could you imagine either offense with a pass catching threat out of the backfield? Both are already hard as heck to stop. That's what makes the Saints offense better than the Packers and Patriots offenses IMO. It's the added element of having a threat out of the backfield in the passing game with Darren Sproles.

But I wasn't even talking about the Patriots and Packers adding MJD to run him into the ground. I was talking about them adding him to expand their passing game. Could you imagine either offense with a pass catching threat out of the backfield? Both are already hard as heck to stop. That's what makes the Saints offense better than the Packers and Patriots offenses IMO. It's the added element of having a threat out of the backfield in the passing game with Darren Sproles.

That would be a great addition for either team in terms of talent but you don't pay a back what MJD is making, and will demand, if he is only going to be a role player. The Saints are not going to pay PT or Chris Ivory 5M a year to serve as a role player.

Quality over Quantity thats why we dont want to shorten our Versatile back career running him 300 plus carries 3 years straight which why Tree Truunks FELL OFF

Ya the only problem is that you have no quality to hold over quantity

Thomas has never been near the caliber of player of Turner and never will

Maybe you should find something better to do with your life than post flawed arguments on another teams message board

Even though I HIGHLY doubt this will happen it is fun to think about it. It just makes so much sense in so many areas:

- MJD obviously wants out

- MJD fits our offense better than Turner (although i think that is a little overrated saying Turner doesn't fit, but MJD is a better receiver)

- We are no in the same division or even same conference

- Mularkey is there and knows exactly what he has in Turner having coached him for the past few years

- Koetter is here and knows exactly what he has in MJD having coached him for the past few years

- Jennings has played well this preseason, but i don't know if they really think he is ready to carry the full load

- Mularkey also being there would make a package deal easier cause he knows our roster

Lets not get carried away on who has more "wear" between him and Turner. Last year MJD was having 8 and 9 in the box EVERY play because Gabbert sucked and he still put up ridiculous stats. In our offense who knows what he could do. And i'd be more than willing to trade Turner and a 1st or whatever if it meant we have MJD on our team right now while we have Gonzo and Roddy before they get too old and Julio near his prime.

Having said that, If i was Kahn theres no way I would trade him just out of pride.

MSalmon likes this

From the NFL blog at ESPN:

Agree with this myself:

"Maurice Jones-Drew is now willing to be traded.

The Jacksonville Jaguars holdout running back would have you believe that making such a declaration amounts to a magnanimous gesture where he’s giving something up.

That is not the case at all.

Maybe MJD is more willing to be traded today than he was yesterday. But the fact is, it doesn’t matter. The Jaguars don’t need his consent to trade him.

They need something much more difficult to get than that: A partner willing to trade for a disgruntled player demanding a lucrative new contract.

And I presume they aren’t going to search for one, because trading him amounts to giving him what he wants, and they’ve made it clear they aren’t giving a player who’s under contract for two more years what he wants.

It’s harsh to say but it is absolutely true: The play Jones-Drew and his agent, Adisa Bakari, are making here is laughable. They’ve butchered this situation and they don’t seem to have a handle on the fact that they have no leverage.

So while they set all this in motion, they now say they are insulted by recent comments that the player’s absence isn’t “moving the needle.” And the only way they can gain some leverage is if the holdout continues and the Jaguars fail without Jones-Drew.

Thus, he’s set up to root against his teammates and hope they don’t succeed.

What an excellent teammate! If I’m part of the Jaguars' locker room, under solid new leadership from Mike Mularkey and his staff, Jones-Drew is a guy I am really pulling for to get what he feels like he deserves -- a guy who wants me to fail.

Jones-Drew can be fined up to $30,000 a day during the holdout.

What’s adding up more than the fine total is the damage MJD is doing to his reputation."

Kuharsky removes Khans balls from his mouth, has a shower, and cashes the cheque

We are not going to get him but if I was MJD I would get off that sinking ship as well. If Buffalo, TB, Dallas, or Detroit somehow get there hands on him then look out.

Buffalo? Hahahahahahhaahah They have Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller. Their needs are more like QB, WR, TE, OL, LB, S

Tampa drafted a RB in the 1st to go with Blount

Dallas has Murray and Jones and sucks anyways

Detroit would be very interesting. GB sure would too

MJD has more career touches than Michael Turner. Curious that many of those who want Turner gone, will give up him, a pick and money to get a player with more wear and tear on his body.

Well MJD is younger, faster and more talented. He's a better player. He also spent his first 3 seasons backing up Fred Taylor.

But I'll settle for not getting MJD if you go watch your homo fictional dramas somewhere else instead of posting here