Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdub051082

Jags Owner Is Moving Forward, Mjd Is Up For Trade

240 posts in this topic

IF, and that's a pretty ******* big IF, MJD gets traded he will end up with a team like the Patriots or Packers that just have a knack for pulling off stuff like this.

IF, and that's a pretty ******* big IF, MJD gets traded he will end up with a team like the Patriots or Packers that just have a knack for pulling off stuff like this.

Highly doubt that either one of those pass heavy teams would want to invest that much money and picks/players for a feature back. As good as MJD is he still won't be poaching attempts from Brady or Rodgers. Teams like the Pats, Packers, Saints and even Lions rarely have a feature workhorse back simply because they don;t use them as much.

or really? which ones?

Teams without a feature back. We see MT's perceived drop-off in production and think he must now be below average. A below-average MT is better than most RB's out there. Few can carry a team the way he's carried ours. We've lived and died with Turner under MM. The record speaks volumes about Turner.

Highly doubt that either one of those pass heavy teams would want to invest that much money and picks/players for a feature back. As good as MJD is he still won't be poaching attempts from Brady or Rodgers. Teams like the Pats, Packers, Saints and even Lions rarely have a feature workhorse back simply because they don;t use them as much.

Bill Belichick has proven in the past (when they had Corey Dillon) that if he has a workhorse back he will feed him the ball and get him involved in the offense. Plus with MJD's ability to produce in the passing game would take the Patriots offense to another level in the passing game. The Patriots and Packers both fit the offense to the players they have. They don't fit the players to a system. That's the main problem I have with Mularkey. He tries to fit players to a system instead of building the offense around the players he has.

Teams without a feature back. We see MT's perceived drop-off in production and think he must now be below average. A below-average MT is better than most RB's out there. Few can carry a team the way he's carried ours. We've lived and died with Turner under MM. The record speaks volumes about Turner.

like I said, name them. Just because a team doesn't have a feature back doesn't mean they need one. In fact, teams that platoon at RB either don;t focus on the run game as much or have two or more good backs that are more than capable of carrying the load. With so many backs available it doesn't make sense to pound one guy to the tune of 300 carries a season, unless of course that guy is an Adrian Peterson MJD type of guy (which Turner is not). I can't really think of more than one or two teams that would actually be willing to trade for Turner. Now if we was cut, he might get picked up by a team like the Packers or Patriots that could use someone to move the pile for 4-6 touches a game.

Bill Belichick has proven in the past (when they had Corey Dillon) that if he has a workhorse back he will feed him the ball and get him involved in the offense. Plus with MJD's ability to produce in the passing game would take the Patriots offense to another level in the passing game. The Patriots and Packers both fit the offense to the players they have. They don't fit the players to a system. That's the main problem I have with Mularkey. He tries to fit players to a system instead of building the offense around the players he has.

The Patriots worked Corey Dillon before Brady started throwing for 5,000 yards every season and even then he really only had one notable season before he started to fade away.

you think they would swap Matthews for Turner?

You mean the guy whose clavicle crumbled on the first carry of pre season? Yeah.....probably.

Koetter had MJD carrying the ball more frequently in Jacksonville than Turner has been in Atlanta.

Yea.... no. Check the stats Peyton. You only looked at 2011, when MJD had no passing game to take carries away from him. The only option in JAX was the run. In 2010, Turner has more and 2008 Turner led all RBs.

Yea.... no. Check the stats Peyton. You only looked at 2011, when MJD had no passing game to take carries away from him. The only option in JAX was the run. In 2010, Turner has more and 2008 Turner led all RBs.

In 2010, MJD missed two games. He averaged more carries per game than Turner. So....that's 3 years in a row that MJD has averaged more carries per game than Turner.

I always check the stats.

You mean the guy whose clavicle crumbled on the first carry of pre season? Yeah.....probably.

is he hurt already? lol, didn't know that. In that case my friend, you are right, I bet Turner could start for the Chargers.

is he hurt already? lol, didn't know that. In that case my friend, you are right, I bet Turner could start for the Chargers.

Yeah, he broke his clavicle, going to be out 4-6 weeks allegedly.

I thought that injury used to keep guys out a lot longer than that though.

I'd rather have a RBBC than to pin all my hopes on one man. I said it last season, too. It doesn't mean I think Turner sucks. He's a valuable resource who should be used wisely.

I'd rather have a RBBC than to pin all my hopes on one man. I said it last season, too. It doesn't mean I think Turner sucks. He's a valuable resource who should be used wisely.

I agree with that, would be nice if he was fresh for the playoffs when everyone else is worn out, he does his best work against teams when they are tired and broken down.

Its pretty obvious MJD doesnt want to play for this horrible franchise that isnt going anywhere the rest of his career

Its pretty clear Khan isnt going to pay him or "cave" to his demands

We need to give Khan a way out

What do you think looks better for him?

1. No MJD, joke of a bust Gabbert goes out and stinks again, tanks the season, last 2 seasons complete joke, need to draft a QB in the top 10 and be a joke for the next few years

or

2. Lose MJD who wasnt going to play anyways, get Turner who can run it 300 times and protect QB investment from being exposed, in addition get a 2nd round pick which a horrible team desperately needs, replace a vet with another vet + a potential young star for the team

Actually, if I had to pick between the two, I'd go with #1. I'd want to know sooner rather than later if Gabbert can or can't ball (a la the Clausen to Newton transition in Carolina); the team could get the fresh start they needed rather than "protect" their supposedly inept QB (MJD, by the way, carried both more frequently and effectively last season than did Turner, so if "protection" was their only goal, they'd just keep him).

But, the main problem with your argument is, there's more than 2 scenarios, the most likely being

3. MJD comes back to the Jags, seeing that he has absolutely no leverage and 5 million a year is better than nothing.

You know, I have to admit, I didn't realize how many miles MJD has on his tires.

We talk about Turner wearing down with his career workload, but MJD has 114 more offensive touches over the last 4 years.

And in thier careers, MJD has 294 more offensive touches than Turner, even though Turner has been in the league two years longer.

Actually, if I had to pick between the two, I'd go with #1. I'd want to know sooner rather than later if Gabbert can or can't ball (a la the Clausen to Newton transition in Carolina); the team could get the fresh start they needed rather than "protect" their supposedly inept QB (MJD, by the way, carried both more frequently and effectively last season than did Turner, so if "protection" was their only goal, they'd just keep him).

But, the main problem with your argument is, there's more than 2 scenarios, the most likely being

3. MJD comes back to the Jags, seeing that he has absolutely no leverage and 5 million a year is better than nothing.

The other scenario is that one of the young backs on Jacksonville steps up and they don't really miss MJD.

You know, I have to admit, I didn't realize how many miles MJD has on his tires.

We talk about Turner wearing down with his career workload, but MJD has 114 more offensive touches over the last 4 years.

And in thier careers, MJD has 294 more offensive touches than Turner, even though Turner has been in the league two years longer.

Maybe, but MJD's tires function better at this point.

He demolished stacked boxes last year

The other scenario is that one of the young backs on Jacksonville steps up and they don't really miss MJD.

In which case they end up trading him, but DEFINITELY not for a 30.5 YO Mike Turner

Maybe, but MJD's tires function better at this point.

He demolished stacked boxes last year

When it goes for the RBs, it goes in a hurry. Or it goes with an ACL tear.