Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdub051082

Jags Owner Is Moving Forward, Mjd Is Up For Trade

240 posts in this topic

Khan isn't going to trade MJD. He doesn't want to send a message to guys that they can force their way out of town if they are unhappy with their contract.

MJD is not going to win this thing........not without reporting anyway.

It feel pretty great to have 5 rb all capable of being starters(Pt,Sproles,Ingram,Ivory,and newly aquire Cadet) But be real yall gonna be stuck with Tree Trunks no way the jags making dat trade!!

PT? Hahahahahahaahahahahahah

Sproles is your only quality RB

Ingram? Hahahahahahah ya he was definately worth a 1st rounder

Ivory? Cadet? Who?

AHAHAHAHAHHA ANYTHING BUT PIERRE THOMAS WOE IS ME

I'd love to have Pierre Thomas on the Falcons, very versatile back. And obviously Sproles.

The other three? The Saints can keep them really.

If Pt was on the falcons getting 300 plus carries yearly he probaly be in falcons hall of fame dude a gamer and the best screen rb in the leage..Take your homer lens off and be real!

Well I don't think he is the kind of guy that can carry that work load, but I agree he is a very valuable player.

Whatever. Koetter is a good OC regardless.

And I don't know why people make threads like this . No way in he!! the Falcons end up with MJD if he even gets traded which chances are slim to none. If he does get traded it will be to a team like the Patriots that always pull off savvy trades.

C'mon now, we've pulled off some savvy trades ourselves smile.png

If Pt was on the falcons getting 300 plus carries yearly he probaly be in falcons hall of fame dude a gamer and the best screen rb in the leage..Take your homer lens off and be real!

AHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Can't blame MJD. Look what MM's offense did to Turner carries wise. 1200 carry pace over 4 years. At MJD's age and the lack of use of any kind of back ups by MM, I don't blame him. If Turner has a down year, MJD may be an attractive option next year like Asante.

But I doubt Turner has a down year. If he holds out the whole year, I'd be up for giving a 2014 2nd rounder. If he doesn't play the whole year, he isn't going to play for the Jags period. We have his old OC and knows Smitty. He'd be taking up cap space anyway. If he gets cut, we have a strong possibility of getting him if Turner has a down year and we move on. The only way MJD comes to Atlanta is if Turner leaves Atlanta.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA OH MAN

Walk me through this

If Thomas is on the Faclons, he gets 300 carries instead of Turner who is much better than him and can actually run it that many times without being carted off like a little girl?

He gets 300 carries instead of throwing it to a talent like White or Jones who Brees would trade his whole WR unit for in an instant?

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaa thanks homie

Yea thats true but i bet the falcons would trade Turner for Pt in a heart beat ..If falcons had a back like Pt i know for a fact y'all would of been in the superbowl.

BAAGHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

STOP IT

Bruh Brees make scrubs into playmakers (Colston7th round,Moore undrafted,Meachem latefirst,Henderson bust until brees came) see the pattern Brees dont need 2 high first round recievers to make him better not the other way around (matty ice)

I'm glad you agree that all of your WRs are scrubs compared to Jones or even White

The topic was Pierre Thomas. You pretended if he was here he would get 300 carries, and you pretended that he was better than Turner.

You sir, are a clown

Thank you for the laughs

ps just be happy your joke of an owner found some money he hadn't blown on coke and prostitutes and was able to finally pay your QB

And by the way if Tree Truunks reaaly better than the more versatile Pt who can catch and break tackles in the backfield why do y'all board have like almost 100 (is Turner done?) Treads and also hoping yall can get MJD why?

When has Thomas ever done more than Turner?

From the NFL blog at ESPN:

Agree with this myself:

"Maurice Jones-Drew is now willing to be traded.

The Jacksonville Jaguars holdout running back would have you believe that making such a declaration amounts to a magnanimous gesture where he’s giving something up.

That is not the case at all.

Maybe MJD is more willing to be traded today than he was yesterday. But the fact is, it doesn’t matter. The Jaguars don’t need his consent to trade him.

They need something much more difficult to get than that: A partner willing to trade for a disgruntled player demanding a lucrative new contract.

And I presume they aren’t going to search for one, because trading him amounts to giving him what he wants, and they’ve made it clear they aren’t giving a player who’s under contract for two more years what he wants.

It’s harsh to say but it is absolutely true: The play Jones-Drew and his agent, Adisa Bakari, are making here is laughable. They’ve butchered this situation and they don’t seem to have a handle on the fact that they have no leverage.

So while they set all this in motion, they now say they are insulted by recent comments that the player’s absence isn’t “moving the needle.” And the only way they can gain some leverage is if the holdout continues and the Jaguars fail without Jones-Drew.

Thus, he’s set up to root against his teammates and hope they don’t succeed.

What an excellent teammate! If I’m part of the Jaguars' locker room, under solid new leadership from Mike Mularkey and his staff, Jones-Drew is a guy I am really pulling for to get what he feels like he deserves -- a guy who wants me to fail.

Jones-Drew can be fined up to $30,000 a day during the holdout.

What’s adding up more than the fine total is the damage MJD is doing to his reputation."

From the NFL blog at ESPN:

Agree with this myself:

"Maurice Jones-Drew is now willing to be traded.

The Jacksonville Jaguars holdout running back would have you believe that making such a declaration amounts to a magnanimous gesture where he’s giving something up.

That is not the case at all.

Maybe MJD is more willing to be traded today than he was yesterday. But the fact is, it doesn’t matter. The Jaguars don’t need his consent to trade him.

They need something much more difficult to get than that: A partner willing to trade for a disgruntled player demanding a lucrative new contract.

And I presume they aren’t going to search for one, because trading him amounts to giving him what he wants, and they’ve made it clear they aren’t giving a player who’s under contract for two more years what he wants.

It’s harsh to say but it is absolutely true: The play Jones-Drew and his agent, Adisa Bakari, are making here is laughable. They’ve butchered this situation and they don’t seem to have a handle on the fact that they have no leverage.

So while they set all this in motion, they now say they are insulted by recent comments that the player’s absence isn’t “moving the needle.” And the only way they can gain some leverage is if the holdout continues and the Jaguars fail without Jones-Drew.

Thus, he’s set up to root against his teammates and hope they don’t succeed.

What an excellent teammate! If I’m part of the Jaguars' locker room, under solid new leadership from Mike Mularkey and his staff, Jones-Drew is a guy I am really pulling for to get what he feels like he deserves -- a guy who wants me to fail.

Jones-Drew can be fined up to $30,000 a day during the holdout.

What’s adding up more than the fine total is the damage MJD is doing to his reputation."

This is different than the year Emmitt Smith had his hold out. Emmitt knew the only way the Cowboys could win the Super Bowl was with him and he knew once they lost a couple of games Jerry Jones would cave which is exactly what happened. And then Emmitt finally got the deal he wanted and carried the Cowboys to another title.

The Jaguars on the other hand aren't going anywhere this year with our without MJD so he has absolutely no leverage.

MJD doesn't care if he's traded or not. He only wants the cash. He's not getting it from Khan.

If Mularkey wants to wheel and deal, and Blank wants to pony up... it might happen. I wouldn't hold my breath, tho.

We are not going to get him but if I was MJD I would get off that sinking ship as well. If Buffalo, TB, Dallas, or Detroit somehow get there hands on him then look out.

MJD has more career touches than Michael Turner. Curious that many of those who want Turner gone, will give up him, a pick and money to get a player with more wear and tear on his body.

It feel pretty great to have 5 rb all capable of being starters(Pt,Sproles,Ingram,Ivory,and newly aquire Cadet) But be real yall gonna be stuck with Tree Trunks no way the jags making dat trade!!

THIS

Can't blame MJD. Look what MM's offense did to Turner carries wise. 1200 carry pace over 4 years. At MJD's age and the lack of use of any kind of back ups by MM, I don't blame him. If Turner has a down year, MJD may be an attractive option next year like Asante.

Koetter had MJD carrying the ball more frequently in Jacksonville than Turner has been in Atlanta.

I don't get the point of trading for a RB that has had more touches than Turner over the last 4 years and will cost more than Turner, he might still have a few years left but he is going to want big money sooner rather than later and he has put in a ton of work the last few years. Don;t get me wrong, I think Turner is almost done and needs to be replaced but I think its a bad idea to replace one RB with a slightly younger one that has still had a ton of wear and tear.