Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdub051082

Jags Owner Is Moving Forward, Mjd Is Up For Trade

240 posts in this topic

Pipe. Dream. - IF he goes any where - he'll end up in Pittsburgh or something.

Not really. May I remind you all of the Tony G. Deal a few years back. Eerily similar, in that you had superstar who was high paid and was sick of losing. Tony G. Also griped about more dollars, however, he has been a model citizen and great player here. I honestly think the money is a ploy of MJD and his agent to force their way out of a franchise that won't contend for a few years.

And, the old saying that running backs don't makea team doesn't apply to MJD. We're talking about a Marshall faulk type of weapon. Hard to find these type of guys in daft. By default adding a MJD helps the Oline as well, as he's shifty and is excellent on screens

Falcons84 likes this

Lol nice pipe dream, but I don't see them letting him get away myself. Hey not only is he the backbone of their offense, he is the guy that sells tickets for them. You don't let guys like him just get away from you when they are under contract.

The Jags wouldn't be interested in Turner, Jennings is tearing it up.

If the Jags do entertain a trade, and I don't think they will because I think Khan wants to make an example of MJD here, they will want draft picks. High draft picks.

If you are TD, youve got to consider this as a trade possibility. For one the swap of malarkey for koetter is a factor. Both players know the schemes of their former teams. Second Drew is 27 and. A far more versatile back--he's an upgrade from Turner. Lastly youve got to wonder if a turner for MJD swap with us throwing in a third isnt a possibility. It kinda works for both teams. The jags get a guy with this year and next on contract, that fits MM's philosophy, plus a decent pick. We'd have to extend Drew, but odds are **** be good at least another 3 years--if the contract was structured right, the cap hit wouldn't be bad.

But Seriously a running back rotation of MJD, Quizz and Snelling is a versatile one. You get a nice mixture of power, speed and shiftiness; and all 3 backs have great hands. The hands part is huge, as Turner is not a threat in pass game.

Never mind :)

Not really. May I remind you all of the Tony G. Deal a few years back. Eerily similar, in that you had superstar who was high paid and was sick of losing. Tony G. Also griped about more dollars, however, he has been a model citizen and great player here. I honestly think the money is a ploy of MJD and his agent to force their way out of a franchise that won't contend for a few years.

And, the old saying that running backs don't makea team doesn't apply to MJD. We're talking about a Marshall faulk type of weapon. Hard to find these type of guys in daft. By default adding a MJD helps the Oline as well, as he's shifty and is excellent on screens

We didn't trade for Gonzo though. People here are talking about a swap of Turner for MJD = Pipe. Dream.

We didn't trade for Gonzo though. People here are talking about a swap of Turner for MJD = Pipe. Dream.

The Falcons traded a 2nd rounder for Gonzalez.

The Jags wouldn't be interested in Turner, Jennings is tearing it up.

If the Jags do entertain a trade, and I don't think they will because I think Khan wants to make an example of MJD here, they will want draft picks. High draft picks.

For the most part I agree but depending on the relationship Turner has with MM. That could change stuff.

I doubt a team will trade high draft picks AND giving him the high salary he wants.

We did trade for Gonzo

we gave up a 2010 2nd round pick for him in 09

So we give up the NFC leading rusher, probably a high pick, AND pay him even more money?

By the time his next contract has a couple of years left he will be just like Turner and we'll be complaining about the same things

I would dance on the spot...

Turner + a pick get it done.

that's what i'm talking about bro. TD should be able to come up with some kind of package.

imagine koetter having his guy back with him PLUS all of the other talent around him. it would be insane. i think we could be top 3 or 4 in the league.