Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdub051082

Jags Owner Is Moving Forward, Mjd Is Up For Trade

240 posts in this topic

Because in that one year they can get hurt i e Brees in San Diego and have zero chance to get any money.

What would you rather have.. 15m one year.. or 50 over five that is guaranteed.

What leverage does meatball have? They stink with or without him. If he was a top flight de or qb he would have more leverage. He is a rb with Jennings breathing down his neck and shining in preseason.

Not sure how people can say this isn't about money when he is holding out for more MONEY.

He didn't say I am not coming back because this team stinks, but I am not coming back I want a new contract with you guessed it, more money.

vel likes this

He should have come to camp and asked out. Not only is he not going to get what he wants, he is going to owe the Jaguars 3.5 million dollars in a couple of weeks.

You could be right. But I think he'll be traded. Maybe not to us, but somewhere. Detroit comes to mind as well

And it's ironic that you brought up Mankins, because he has been in the league the exact same amount of time as MJD and he just now got his first big long term contract, 3 years after MJD got his.

See how nice the Jags were to MJD?

How is MJD not an elite back? No one said HOF, but he is easily among the top 3 backs in league. And if you follow football, which I'm wondering if you do after this reply; you would know that Arian Foster plays with an Offensive line and scheme, whose coaching staff descends from the mike shanahan/Alex Gibbs tree (Kubiak, denniso & Benton). If you followed the Alex Gibbs coached teams (us included), it has always been plug a north and south runner in and they produce. Notice how Tate filled in seamlessly when foster was hurt? Try and count the number of broncos rbs over 1000 yds in the late 90s and early 2000s. It'll blow your mind.

MJD has consistently with a terrible OLine, subpar QB and name a wr stud from Jax since jimmy smith. He's elite

Top three. No way. Give me AP, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, and McCoy any day .Top five maybe. Top three. No way.

I do watch football and I am from same city as Kubiak so I am well versed in his pedigree on the zone scheme. I also go to Rice with his son and see him several times a semester.

When you get 300 plus carries and 50 passes thrown your way you better deliver. Besides that, Houston oline didn't get any credit before two years ago. Kubiak almost lost his job except that McNair didn't pull plug because of the lockout.

Wade Phillips salvaging that d saved his arse.

How is mike doing in Washington. Really great huh? That's why he mortgaged future forRg3.

And back to the Mankins comparison.

You can't compare the situation of a guy who isn't under contract and hasn't made more than 4 mil in his career to a guy that is under contract and has made 22 mil the last 3 years.

Just completely different scenarios.

The point was players care less about the tag because they want the contract. Mankins made $10+ in 1 year only to take a contract that pays him under $9MM a year.

SECURITY

Because in that one year they can get hurt i e Brees in San Diego and have zero chance to get any money.

What would you rather have.. 15m one year.. or 50 over five that is guaranteed.

What leverage does meatball have? They stink with or without him. If he was a top flight de or qb he would have more leverage. He is a rb with Jennings breathing down his neck and shining in preseason.

Not sure how people can say this isn't about money when he is holding out for more MONEY.

He didn't say I am not coming back because this team stinks, but I am not coming back I want a new contract with you guessed it, more money.

Is he going to say "I want a contract with less money!". No. He doesn't have any leverage, but this was the only time he could do this. He wants the years. Anything he says to the media is about desperation and trying to gain any leverage he can. Demanding more money, open to trade. Really, he's not going to get more money than he is making nor be traded. But I bet if they offered him 2 years at the same pay rate as right now, he'd happily take it.

It happens all the time. Players at MJD's point in their career want security over money. MJD's got endorsement money and made a good bit of money already. It no longer is about the money. Tom Brady is a prime example. Could have had a $100MM contract but passed on $21.5MM. He has the security, made money from endorsements and no longer valued money over security.

It isn't always about the money once you get your first real contract. It's about the money when your rookie contract is over, but not after you get a real big boy contract.

Top three. No way. Give me AP, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, and McCoy any day .Top five maybe. Top three. No way.

Surely you jest? You do realize MJD led the league in rushing last year, was 5th in the league in 10, and 3rd in the league in 09?and the lowest amount of receiving yds he has ever had is 34 rec for 317 yds! His highest receiving yards was 62 rec for 565 yds! That's # 3 wr numbers! Even last year with no QB or other wrs of note, he had 43 rec with 374 yds to go with over 1600 yds rushing--that's elite numbers.

Turner by comparison had a career high of 17 rec for 168 yds. And has never had a rec TD.

Foster is a great receiving back. I think his rushing totals are higher due to the scheme he's in. Ray Rice is elite and better than MJD statistically but the ravens have a great supporting cast and much better QB.

Peterson, when healthy is the best rb. I agree with that.

Shady McCoy is looking elite, but this his first huge year.

But really if you ranked rbs, I'd go:

1) Peterson as clear number 1 if you strictly on rushing ability

And then you really got a close battle for the two and three sots between Foster, Rice, MJD and Rice. Particularly when you factor in the team's supporting cast?and, peterson is same age as MJD, And MJD has more rushing yards and MJD eclipses AP in receiving! I do, however, view AP as the closest thing to Jim Brown in terms if raw rushing ability. but in all honesty if versatility (run, rec, and block) is considered AP is not #1

I do watch football and I am from same city as Kubiak so I am well versed in his pedigree on the zone scheme. I also go to Rice with his son and see him several times a semester.

When you get 300 plus carries and 50 passes thrown your way you better deliver. Besides that, Houston oline didn't get any credit before two years ago. Kubiak almost lost his job except that McNair didn't pull plug because of the lockout.

Wade Phillips salvaging that d saved his arse.

How is mike doing in Washington. Really great huh? That's why he mortgaged future forRg3.

It's the Alex Gibbs type line that emerged under shanahan. Gibbs type of zone blocking was installed when he was asst HC/OC In 08-09. Notice in 10 after his zone-blocking was installed, Foster blew up stat-wise.

the shanahan in Washington has no bearing, whatsoever, in this post; but since you brought it up; I'm not ready to judge shanahan yet, as the skins roster he inherited was horrid. And, I don't blame him mortgaging the future for RGIII--the kid is special:)

So, you and Kubiak are drinking buds? Sit around and discuss football?

Clark Kent™ likes this

It's the Alex Gibbs type line that emerged under shanahan. Gibbs type of zone blocking was installed when he was asst HC/OC In 08-09. Notice in 10 after his zone-blocking was installed, Foster blew up stat-wise.

the shanahan in Washington has no bearing, whatsoever, in this post; but since you brought it up; I'm not ready to judge shanahan yet, as the skins roster he inherited was horrid. And, I don't blame him mortgaging the future for RGIII--the kid is special:)

So, you and Kubiak are drinking buds? Sit around and discuss football?

Nope. Not drinking buds. I don't drink alcohol but I would be willing to have a coffee with him.

I merely stated that I go to school with his son and had a psych class with him. The Kubiaks are very well respected in Houston and especially in the Rice Village area.

Also , before the zone scheme was employed Steve Slaton was a very productive back before being plagued with fumblitis and injuries.

We can go round and round with our spin doctor soliloquy to fit our arguments but it would be useless and pointless. We are merely two fans differing in opinions about a man neither know anything about. I will agree to disagree and say you made valid points to your argument.

I choose to leave it at that.

If you are TD, youve got to consider this as a trade possibility. For one the swap of malarkey for koetter is a factor. Both players know the schemes of their former teams. Second Drew is 27 and. A far more versatile back--he's an upgrade from Turner. Lastly youve got to wonder if a turner for MJD swap with us throwing in a third isnt a possibility. It kinda works for both teams. The jags get a guy with  this year and next on contract, that fits MM's philosophy, plus a decent pick. We'd have to extend Drew, but odds are **** be good at least another 3 years--if the contract was structured right, the cap hit wouldn't be bad.

But Seriously a running back rotation of MJD, Quizz and Snelling is a versatile one. You get a nice mixture of power, speed and shiftiness; and all 3 backs have great hands. The hands part is huge, as Turner is not a threat in pass game.

I'd have to co-sign with this point.I'd give them Turner, a 3rd rounder and Redman, just to sweeten the deal.
MSalmon likes this

Nope. Not drinking buds. I don't drink alcohol but I would be willing to have a coffee with him.

I merely stated that I go to school with his son and had a psych class with him. The Kubiaks are very well respected in Houston and especially in the Rice Village area.

Also , before the zone scheme was employed Steve Slaton was a very productive back before being plagued with fumblitis and injuries.

We can go round and round with our spin doctor soliloquy to fit our arguments but it would be useless and pointless. We are merely two fans differing in opinions about a man neither know anything about. I will agree to disagree and say you made valid points to your argument.

I choose to leave it at that.

I'm good with that. Excellent discussion

Lol at yall fclowns!

Yea it's ridiculous sorta like saying like saying it won't hurt not having the head coach here, Brees can handle it.