Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdub051082

Jags Owner Is Moving Forward, Mjd Is Up For Trade

240 posts in this topic

I would bring him on and switch out him, Turner, and Rodgers. Antone Smith ST. Cut Cox and make Snelling a full time FB. Run it.

Now the holdout for @Jones_Drew32 shows no signs of letting up and is fully expected to extend into the regular season.

In light of Jaguars owner Shad Khan's recent public remarks, Jacksonville's RB Maurice Jones-Drew is now open to being traded, per source.

Looks like it is true. Its on espn!!! It must be!!! This will only happen if they aren't demanding too much. I could see them asking for too much in return only. I just cant see a running back fetching too much on the trade market at this point. I still don't see it happening but hey....BRING HIM HOME TD.

Now the holdout for @Jones_Drew32 shows no signs of letting up and is fully expected to extend into the regular season.

In light of Jaguars owner Shad Khan's recent public remarks, Jacksonville's RB Maurice Jones-Drew is now open to being traded, per source.

Jones-Drew is open for a trade,but Khan won't do that.

This wont happen but I very surprised that the jags are going to let there most productive player in recent years to be traded like that. I wish we could get him though....

I say trade turner and snelling for mjd.. then pick up either anthony dixon from san francisco or chris ivory from the new orleans saints

This wont happen but I very surprised that the jags are going to let there most productive player in recent years to be traded like that. I wish we could get him though....

They won't.

There's gotta be a catch. They probably want you to take Mularkey, too.

If MM is included, in the deal. Let's turn our heads and runaway very fast.

Falconguy likes this

I'm backing Kahns side on this one. MJD has no leverage and is going to end up owing a ton of money to the Jags while just getting older and making people less likely to give him a long term deal.

Yeah.

I am generally not in favor of guys holding out PERIOD..butI can understand the last year of a contract in a way.

But when you have 2 years left that is going to pay 10-15 million........holding out is plain selfish.

GEORGIAfan and Clark Kent™ like this

If you are TD, youve got to consider this as a trade possibility. For one the swap of malarkey for koetter is a factor. Both players know the schemes of their former teams. Second Drew is 27 and. A far more versatile back--he's an upgrade from Turner. Lastly youve got to wonder if a turner for MJD swap with us throwing in a third isnt a possibility. It kinda works for both teams. The jags get a guy with this year and next on contract, that fits MM's philosophy, plus a decent pick. We'd have to extend Drew, but odds are **** be good at least another 3 years--if the contract was structured right, the cap hit wouldn't be bad.

But Seriously a running back rotation of MJD, Quizz and Snelling is a versatile one. You get a nice mixture of power, speed and shiftiness; and all 3 backs have great hands. The hands part is huge, as Turner is not a threat in pass game.

Statick and Falcons84 like this

I see a smashing grab from all of us to go get him. but just a few questions.

how much does he want?

and what makes you think he would live up to his new contract with us towards the end?