Jerry Or Baker

jdawg4876

who will have a breakout season

jerry

baker

or neither

both have no real competition with Will out of the yr and corey, well who knows when he will be back.

I think if healthy jerry will show more flashes and if baker is healthy he will be avg at best, just bored and curious what yall think.

Edited by jdawg4876

Well if I had to vote on one, I would vote for Jerry. The guys showed flashes his rookie year that he is now repeating for us in in preseason that show some really good ability at his position, plus he has not been beaten up since he got here. He has been in rehab mode ever since the injury his second year, so he is fresh and probably just chomping at the bit to get in there and show what he can do.

Baker has been abused physically since he arrived here. Plus, I think we are all suspect of his abilities even when he is at 100%. Finally, OTs don't really get noticed much till they get beat. It is rare for them to get credit for doing their jobs; whereas, DT's have a lot more opportunity to get good press when they shine. So, they may both have really good years, but even if they did, we will probably take notice of Jerry more than Baker just because of the respective positions they play.

I really do think either one can have a breakout year this season. They both have a chance to flop as well. Baker battled injuries in 2010 yet still started all 16 games while we went 13-3. Last year made a lot of people forget how well he played in 2010.

I wanted him cut just as much as anyone after last year and his constant injury problems since being drafted, but being unbiased about it, he showed more in 2010 than Jerry has shown since being drafted. If he can play as good or better than he did in 2010, that's a breakout year.

The other thing is when I think of a player having a "breakout" year, he's playing well beyond everyone's expectations. The expectations of Baker are so low, it is much more feasible to see a situation where he breaks out. With Peria, the expectations are higher and he has the other downside of splitting time with Corey Peters when he's back, which significantly impacts his opportunities to stand out on defense.

I have to say if they both stay healthy(please God) its about a draw. We get on Baker (self included) but he was actually good at one point. Before he got hurt, the guy was a good LT, and that is just the truth. He played well in 2008, which to me is still Ryans best year (including 2011), stats dont mean everything! In 2008 Ryan was better downfield, without Gonzo and JJ. He was hitting Roddy and Jenk downfield consistantly. Baker anchored that LT that gave him time to do so most times. Then in 2009 Baker was playing well and then got hurt in 2010, so really 2 straight years of injury and poor play. Hopefully he is healthy and can return to that 2009 form. Jerry has been hurt since game 2 of his rookie year. We see the signs that he can be good, but we have already seen Baker play well. My vote is for both.

I have to say if they both stay healthy(please God) its about a draw. We get on Baker (self included) but he was actually good at one point. Before he got hurt, the guy was a good LT, and that is just the truth. He played well in 2008, which to me is still Ryans best year (including 2011), stats dont mean everything! In 2008 Ryan was better downfield, without Gonzo and JJ. He was hitting Roddy and Jenk downfield consistantly. Baker anchored that LT that gave him time to do so most times. Then in 2009 Baker was playing well and then got hurt in 2010, so really 2 straight years of injury and poor play. Hopefully he is healthy and can return to that 2009 form. Jerry has been hurt since game 2 of his rookie year. We see the signs that he can be good, but we have already seen Baker play well. My vote is for both.

Actually, Todd Weiner played half of 2008 as the starting LT because Baker was injured.

who will have a breakout season

jerry

baker

or neither

both have no real competition with Will out of the yr and corey, well who knows when he will be back.

I think if healthy jerry will show more flashes and if baker is healthy he will be avg at best, just bored and curious what yall think.

I'm thinking Jerry. It's taken him 2 years (?) to show some flash. Hopefully he can continue.

Both of these players ae essential pieces to the Falcons success both offensively and defensively. To say who you would want over the other is counterproductive. They both have their strengths which the Falcons must rely upon, and they have their weaknesses that they must continue to work at and make necessary improvement if the team and they themselves are to reach the goals they've set. I wish them the best of success at their respective positions offensively and defensively.

Both of these players ae essential pieces to the Falcons success both offensively and defensively. To say who you would want over the other is counterproductive. They both have their strengths which the Falcons must rely upon, and they have their weaknesses that they must continue to work at and make necessary improvement if the team and they themselves are to reach the goals they've set. I wish them the best of success at their respective positions offensively and defensively.