Corey Peters

Thank god we drafted the Robertson kid, he has opened my eyes some ..... .could be 2 nice 7th round DTs TD has gotten us in Walker and Robertson .......

Not worried at all Peters will probably be back by week 3. I know its been 3 preseason games but with a little seasoning- Robertson looks like he could surpass both peters and jerry

How does it affect you?

it does not affect me - it annoys me.

• It annoys me because probably 75% of the NFL teams are more transparent.
  • It annoys me because I like to know the status of the players because this is my team and my passion.
  • It annoys me because the reason that I think the Falcons do this - is that they think there is some type of competitive advantage in being vague with injuries - if I agreed, it would not annoy me. Generally, most NFL teams can guess fairly well what the status is of a player.

Oh well, as I say all the time, "it is what it is" and I just need to let it go - but it is annoying!

Between Svitek & Peters being out, Baker & Jerry will get an opportunity to show that they arn't disappointments. This is a make or break year for both. No excuses since both claim to be at top health.

Baker is going to get exposed as inadequate (again) and be replaced with Holmes, who, thankfully, is going to turn out to be a bonafide beast for the next decade.

There's really not too many specifics about Peter's condition like is he wearing a boot, a cast, or on crutches? To say simply that he is working with the trainers and rehabbing tells us what he is doing. When an injury evaluation is made, and please correct me if I'm wrong, there are specifics that are said pertaining to the injury and what it is medically, ( examples: torn ACL, separated shoulder, concussion, broken arm, stress fracture etc., etc.) Smith said that an evaluation was to be made which would medically tell everyone what Peter's condition is and its severity. It's been neary two months and I'm sure the medical staff has had plenty of time to evaluate the injury, the severity of the injury, and how long he will be out. Just say it. If he's out for the season, just say so and move on.

There's really not too many specifics about Peter's condition like is he wearing a boot, a cast, or on crutches? To say simply that he is working with the trainers and rehabbing tells us what he is doing. When an injury evaluation is made, and please correct me if I'm wrong, there are specifics that are said pertaining to the injury and what it is medically, ( examples: torn ACL, separated shoulder, concussion, broken arm, stress fracture etc., etc.) Smith said that an evaluation was to be made which would medically tell everyone what Peter's condition is and its severity. It's been neary two months and I'm sure the medical staff has had plenty of time to evaluate the injury, the severity of the injury, and how long he will be out. Just say it. If he's out for the season, just say so and move on.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

If they are saying pup, then they think he might get back by week 8, in my opinion of what pup means. So I say put him in pup. Jerry has had his injury seasons, so just be safe on this. And no offense to robertson, but I really like to see him play with first string against first string, to see how our line does with him and how he does.

Im not too worried about it,

Jerry has been the beast I predicted he would be, I kind of think he's a little better than babs and peters right now, and travian is playing really well. I'm hoping peters being back will push babs a little bit, and I need smith to light a fire under our de's azz. Kroy, and RE mainly.

it does not affect me - it annoys me.

• It annoys me because probably 75% of the NFL teams are more transparent.
  • It annoys me because I like to know the status of the players because this is my team and my passion.
  • It annoys me because the reason that I think the Falcons do this - is that they think there is some type of competitive advantage in being vague with injuries - if I agreed, it would not annoy me. Generally, most NFL teams can guess fairly well what the status is of a player.

Oh well, as I say all the time, "it is what it is" and I just need to let it go - but it is annoying!

wah

Corey Peters - DL - Falcons

Falcons DT Corey Peters (foot) remains without a timetable for a return.

"Right now, Corey is only working on the side (with the training staff) and only working in the training room basically in a rehabilitation mode," coach Mike Smith said. Peters has yet to practice in camp, making him a candidate for the reserve/PUP list. If Peters isn't ready for Week 1, the Falcons are expected to roll the dice with first-round bust Peria Jerry who's supposedly having a strong camp in his absence.

Related: Peria Jerry

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution Aug 21 - 11:42 AM

So the AJC called Peria Jerry a 1st round bust?

I would rather Atlanta keep the blank quiet. Fans don't deserve anything by way of information.

(null)

Bingo.

If I was coaching the Atlanta Football Falcons I wouldn't tell the media anything about injuries until I had to in the regular season. Why? To have it posted on Bleacher Report? F that. I'm with Smitty on all top secret injury news.

I just think it's very unprofessional if they did so.

Well if they came out and said he is lighting it up again, look at Jerry dominate they would be called typical homers. I think it was strong objectivity with a smidge of dissatisfaction.

I have heard the AJC called many things, but I have never heard anyone accuse them of being professional. This type of journalism is to be expected from them.