Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xSICKxWITHxITx

Aints Trade For Ruud

I know it's not TATF, but I love it.

Barrett Ruud - LB - Saints

The Saints have acquired MLB Barrett Ruud from the Seahawks for an undisclosed draft pick.

With their linebacker corps devastated with suspensions (Jonathan Vilma, Lawrence Wilson, and Ramon Humber) and injuries (Chris Chamberlain, David Hawthorne, and Curtis Lofton), the Saints were desperate for help at the position. The 29-year-old Ruud lost out to impressive rookie Bobby Wagner for the starting middle linebacker in Seattle, but figures to compete for the top gig in New Orleans. Once healthy, Lofton could move to the strong side and Hawthorne will stick on the weak side.

Related: Seahawks

Source: NewOrleansSaints.com Aug 20 - 9:34 PM

there is a reason Ruud is on his what 4th or 5th team in the last 3 years

Rudd left Bucs and signed with the Titans last year as a free agent. Got hurt and then lost his starting job to Colin McCarthy who was a rookie. Then the Titans decided to let him go because of his cap number and he ended up in Seattle who has now traded him to the Saints. He's still a good player and still relatively young.

Just because he plays for the Saints now doesn't automatically make him a bad player. We went through this with Lofton already tho, so I should expect this.

Ruud is worse than Lofton. I liked Lofton just wasn't good in coverage. Neither one is worth crying over.