Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Michael Vick

158 posts in this topic

Yes he was. But he was a pass first QB. Young never had more 76 carries in a season. The year he finally won the Super Bowl he had 293 yards rushing on 58 attempts and 7 touchdowns. That was 18.3 rushing yards a game and 3.6 attempts per game. Hardly the definition of a running QB. Vick on the other hand has had 5 years with over 100 rushing attempts including 2006 when he had over 1,000 rushing yards.

That was when you had the likes of Thurmond Thomas and Emmitt having 35-40 touches a game. Young was before his time.

Now teams barely run the ball with there backs and you have guys like Rodgers and Freeman getting 300-400 yards in a season when Vick was in prison.

Times have changed

Yes he was. But he was a pass first QB. Young never had more 76 carries in a season. The year he finally won the Super Bowl he had 293 yards rushing on 58 attempts and 7 touchdowns. That was 18.3 rushing yards a game and 3.6 attempts per game. Hardly the definition of a running QB. Vick on the other hand has had 5 years with over 100 rushing attempts including 2006 when he had over 1,000 rushing yards.

Seeing Steve run was a thing of beauty.

That was when you had the likes of Thurmond Thomas and Emmitt having 35-40 touches a game. Young was before his time.

Now teams barely run the ball with there backs and you have guys like Rodgers and Freeman getting 300-400 yards in a season when Vick was in prison.

Times have changed

Young had 5 years with over 400 yards rushing including 537 rushing yards in 1992 on a career high 76 rushes. That was 33.6 yards per game on 4.8 attempts per game. That's still not as many attempts per game as Vick has had in any year when he's been a starter.

Young was still a passing QB. The year he won the SB he had 35 touchdown passes and only 10 interceptions. Vick has never come close to those kind of passing numbers.

Young had 5 years with over 400 yards rushing including 537 rushing yards in 1992 on a career high 76 rushes. That was 33.6 yards per game on 4.8 attempts per game. That's still not as many attempts per game as Vick has had in any year when he's been a starter.

Young was still a passing QB. The year he won the SB he had 35 touchdown passes and only 10 interceptions. Vick has never come close to those kind of passing numbers.

Your still talking about Vick when the topic is about "running quarterbacks". How is it that Culpepper, Vick, McNabb, and I'll throw in Cam and RG3 in too as running quarterbacks and Rodgers, Elway, and Young are not?

Your still talking about Vick when the topic is about "running quarterbacks". How is it that Culpepper, Vick, McNabb, and I'll throw in Cam and RG3 in too as running quarterbacks and Rodgers, Elway, and Young are not?

Is Vick or is Vick not a running QB?

Because Rodgers, Elway and Young were pass first QBs. They beat teams passing. How many games has Vick won by PASSING? Not a whole lot. Most of Vick's wins are because of his legs.

That's the difference between running QBs and passing QBs. Passing QBs beat you with their arm but running QBs beat you with their legs. No QB that has run as much as Vick has ever won the SB.

Here are just a little breakdown using career numbers.

MICHAEL VICK

Passing Attempts Per Game = 22.9

Rushing Attempts Per Game = 6.6

Passing Yards Per Game = 161.4

Rushing Yards Per Game = 47.0

Passing TD's Per Game = 1.0

Rushing TD's Per Game = 0.3

STEVE YOUNG

Passing Attempts Per Game = 24.6

Rushing Attempts Per Game = 4.3

Passing Yards Per Game = 196.0

Rushing Yards Per Game = 25.1

Passing TD's Per Game = 1.4

Rushing TD's Per Game = 0.3

JOHN ELWAY

Passing Attempts Per Game = 31.0

Rushing Attempts Per Game = 3.3

Passing Yards Per Game = 220.0

Rushing Yards Per Game = 14.6

Passing TD's Per Game = 1.3

Rushing TD's Per Game = 0.1

AARON RODGERS

Passing Attempts Per Game = 30.6

Rushing Attempts Per Game = 3.6

Passing Yards Per Game = 251.7

Rushing Yards Per Game = 17.1

Passing TD's Per Game = 1.9

Rushing TD's Per Game = 0.2

So you can make a good case that Vick is going down the same path as Young. But to compare Vick to Elway and Rodgers is just flatout inaccurate. Both Elway and Rodgers had the ability to beat teams with their legs when they needed to but they very rarely need to.

lol how do i not like vick for non football reasons when all i have stated are football reasons. um i liked vick back in the day dummy, and i used to irrationally defend him until he played judas and dogged my team. No real falcon should like vick. Now that i have time to reflect, he really wasnt that good.

Kobe atleast is an elite alpha male talent with legendary work ethic, and learned to trust his teammates. vick is alot like latrell sprewel or harold miner.

also roflz @ young, rodgers, and elway being run first qbs...thats rich.

lol how do i not like vick for non football reasons when all i have stated are football reasons. um i liked vick back in the day dummy, and i used to irrationally defend him until he played judas and dogged my team. No real falcon should like vick. Now that i have time to reflect, he really wasnt that good.

Kobe atleast is an elite alpha male talent with legendary work ethic, and learned to trust his teammates. vick is alot like latrell sprewel or harold miner.

also roflz @ young, rodgers, and elway being run first qbs...thats rich.

Exactly. Vick was a joke of a passer with the Falcons and when he couldn't run the Falcons lost games. That's why the Bucs and Eagles owned the Falcons.