Which Of These Wr's You Want To Be The 5Th And/or 6Th.

sharky

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Drew Davis and Kevin Cone. Not on your list however I still for the life of me do not understand what everyone see's with Kerry Meier.

I think he left Meier off because he thinks he has the 4th spot locked up. I've been watching Meier for years now and definitely see why the staff is behind him. He is a younger, more athletic, Finneran or Jenkins in his ability as a possession receiver. He runs good routes and has great hands. He doesn't have that explosiveness or boom/bust of some of the other guys, but for the 4th slot (barley getting on the filed in real games) you want smarts and sure handedness which I think Meier has more of over the other guys at this point.

Honestly I think Marcus Jackson has looked better than all of them... Kevin Cone doesn't look real natural catching the football... i.e. he makes the easy ones look hard. Haven't seen anything from Calvin, Kenny Stafford can't really catch the football at all. Drew Davis has probably been the tops of that group listed. I was really disappointed with James Rogers last night, he had some nice chances to really make an impression and he dropped some key passes. I was hoping that he would make this team, but barring an outstanding next 2 games I think he is probably not going to make this team, especially since he hasn't had an impact on KReturns.

My personal preference would be to keep Davis, send Jackson to the PS, keep Lamark Brown as a TE/WR and then possibly keep Coffman as the 3rd TE. Brown has looked like a natural receiver and he seems to have some nice speed as well, could be like a poor mans Jimmy Graham/Aaron Hernandez type player.

Honestly I think Marcus Jackson has looked better than all of them... Kevin Cone doesn't look real natural catching the football... i.e. he makes the easy ones look hard. Haven't seen anything from Calvin, Kenny Stafford can't really catch the football at all. Drew Davis has probably been the tops of that group listed. I was really disappointed with James Rogers last night, he had some nice chances to really make an impression and he dropped some key passes. I was hoping that he would make this team, but barring an outstanding next 2 games I think he is probably not going to make this team, especially since he hasn't had an impact on KReturns.

My personal preference would be to keep Davis, send Jackson to the PS, keep Lamark Brown as a TE/WR and then possibly keep Coffman as the 3rd TE. Brown has looked like a natural receiver and he seems to have some nice speed as well, could be like a poor mans Jimmy Graham/Aaron Hernandez type player.

Keep Brown as a development TE project on the PS this year. Coffman was cut by two teams and the last one to make room for a long snapper... Brown has better blocking skills and Brown can't block. Did you notice last night that Coffman never puts his hands down as big as he is? He caught a pass off the 3s CBs for Cinci....

I agree with the Brown Talk. I would really like to keep him, he has the body and the speed to be a **** of a player. He needs Tony to mentor him and teach him all the little tricks. I think he could be a good player if developed

Edited by RYNE15

At this Point it's clear Kone and Davis are 5 and 6. We will most likely carry 5 on the roster and one of them will be on PS. One of the other WR's might join PS, but I havent been impressed by any of them thus far...Michael Calvin might have the most potential but hes injured...

I'm running with Davis and Cone at this point. Thought Rodgers could make his presents known but he has two more games to do that.

Meier hasn't done anything to lock up an automatic spot besides be a practice squad legend so I don't see why he's not on the list.

Exactly, it amazes me that anyone can create a list like this and leave off the guy that has been arguably the best of all of them. Jackson outplayed all the other UDFAs last night if you ask me. The question I have on him is only: how is his ST play?

I'm running with Davis and Cone at this point. Thought Rodgers could make his presents known but he has two more games to do that.

Meier hasn't done anything to lock up an automatic spot besides be a practice squad legend so I don't see why he's not on the list.

Just when was Meier on the practice squad? -- I don't remember.