Jeff Demps...ahh The Possibilites...

VaderMan

Simply because he's a UDFA who costs nothing to get TD will take a look

The fact hes 22, played well last season has outstanding speed and can help immediately in the return game where we need someone exactly like this to provide a spark should help his case

The offense looks to be outstanding this season, the defense looks to be very good as well, top it off with a dangerous return game and now we're talking

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The job at kick and punt return is wide open

We dont have a speed RB

There is no one behind Douglas at WR

Can play special teams coverage as well

Many ways he can help the team, including a position of need, he's 22 has world class speed and is only available because he wasnt drafted due to choosing the Olympics

If the Bucs really are trying to sign him, even more reason to sign him and keep him from them. I'm sure all things equal he'd rather play on the better team.

Smith has blazing speed. Weems has been the man tho. He can't crack a top 3 spot because his blocking isn't the greatest.

If he can play special teams then he could be an upgrade over Antoine Smith

And there's the thing- that's the only player he'd have to be better than in order to make the team, contribute, and make us better.

I'm so glad someone said it. Speed is a bit overrated. What good is it if you suck...

I'm totally with you on your statement, but this guy also produced at a high level in the SEC. So... speed + production + the highest level of competition in college football... I'll take it if I can get it.

Are you in favor of bringing in him in? People we say we have a crowded back field, maybe so, but crowded with what? Turner has been the man for us and I like him but we all know this is probably his last rodeo. Snelling is a utility guy, nothing more. We start him and we will se quickly why he is a back up(like Bierman). Quizz can do somethings, and I like him bit I am not sold he as NFL every down back for 16 games. Remember Demps primamry role would be the rturn game and special teams, I can see him returning and gunning!!!

I don't either, but would sure love the outside speed at RB

Of course I want him here and it would not be hard to find room for him. He played both RB/WR as well as ST's. I just don't think we will so I won't get my hopes up. If it happened I'd be happiest of everyone on the board.

Guest Negatorris

While we are at it. Why not bring in Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake, Tyson Gay, and Justin Gatlin. These guys are extremely fast, but can they take a hit?

They didn't play college football.

While we are at it. Why not bring in Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake, Tyson Gay, and Justin Gatlin. These guys are extremely fast, but can they take a hit?

Jeff Demps is a legit football player. He would have been picked in the top 4 rounds had he not focused on his Olympic career. He was a much better prospect than his counterpart Chris Rainey.

This would be the pickup of the year in my view. We are talking about a guy who can explode on offense and on special teams. Dexter Mccluster like of guy but faster. I wanted to get him with a 3rd round pick, but he did go to London and I don't blame him for living that dream. We need this guy. I don't feel comfortable letting our 3rd WR or 4th CB returning kicks. Demps would be the extra ingredient this team needs to take that next step.

You must not watch SEC football. He was a big time runningback there and could seriously take a hit.

**** He is fast as chit!!! Either that or the LBS on every team are slower than anything in the NFL.. I've honestly never seen many that could go by others that have a 10 yard jump and a five yard angle... Geesh

Edited by JDmonty

This kid is deadly fast and we dont have that at RB, or any depth behind Douglas

Most importantly he can contribute immediately as a very dangerous gamebreaking threat at kick and punt returner, a position that is wide open, and a consistent threat returner could really put this team over the top towards taking the next step

Offense looks to be better than ever, defense looks to be much improved at the least from a scheme and playcalling standpoint, upgrading the return game would be the hat trick

You must not watch SEC football. He was a big time runningback there and could seriously take a hit.

Love the highlights, he's got about as elite burst as you're going to find, and can change directions and make cuts without gearing down. His feet look pretty smooth as well.

Liked seeing him with the punt block too

This kid could be a force as a full time returner (kick returner anyways for now), and could have a very bright future here as a RB as well

...Snelling is a utility guy, nothing more. We start him and we will se quickly why he is a back up(like Bierman)....
LMAO. The speed of Demps has you delirious son. Here are Snelling's composite numbers in the three games he had 20 or more carries:

74 carries, 362 yards, 4 TDs, 4.9 ypc, 11 receptions, 91 yards, 1 TD, 8.3 ypr.

Snelling is a good player the problem is he offers little that we dont already have in Turner, other than some more receiving ability.

Whats missing is someone with that break away speed

Personally I would use Demps purely as the returner for kicks and punts immediately, then slowly work him as a speed RB. I wouldnt ask him to contribute at RB right away other than maybe a few designed plays for 3rd and long

Demps could come in Day#1 and be the starting PR/KR. That is where the value is. He is football tough and not just a track star - he played RB/KR/PR in the SEC - so he has been hit plenty.

There is ZERO downside to signing this guy and lots and lots of upside. He could be a weapon much like Devin Hester - not sure if he's that good but he is that fast!!!

Olympic sprinters are faster than NFL RBs/WRs - there are a handful of football players in the NFL probably fast enough to compete on an olympic level - but not many.

Demps could come in Day#1 and be the starting PR/KR. That is where the value is. He is football tough and not just a track star - he played RB/KR/PR in the SEC - so he has been hit plenty.

There is ZERO downside to signing this guy and lots and lots of upside. He could be a weapon much like Devin Hester - not sure if he's that good but he is that fast!!!

Olympic sprinters are faster than NFL RBs/WRs - there are a handful of football players in the NFL probably fast enough to compete on an olympic level - but not many.

Thank you.

Watching BAL VS ATL right now. Franks had a nice return but HE GOT TACKLED BY THE PUNTER 5 YARDS FROM THE ENDZONE 1 ON 1. CANT HAVE THAT. Rodgers just tried to return a kick and doesnt look fast enough.

This kid is a **** burner get him in here now

Like you said he can lock down kick and punt returner full time immediately. He can also contribute on coverage teams as well as being a speed or 3rd down RB and WR depth, although I would initially have him be purely a special teamer, and as he settles in start to give him some snaps at RB

He`s still out there TD sign this guy

Thank you.

Watching BAL VS ATL right now. Franks had a nice return but HE GOT TACKLED BY THE PUNTER 5 YARDS FROM THE ENDZONE 1 ON 1. CANT HAVE THAT. Rodgers just tried to return a kick and doesnt look fast enough.

This kid is a **** burner get him in here now

Like you said he can lock down kick and punt returner full time immediately. He can also contribute on coverage teams as well as being a speed or 3rd down RB and WR depth, although I would initially have him be purely a special teamer, and as he settles in start to give him some snaps at RB

He`s still out there TD sign this guy

not only would the signing help the Falcons, but it would keep the Falcons from having to face Demps as it seems that Tampa is the likely front-runner right now.

If the money is the same, this guy is going to Tampa because its closer to his college town and presumed hometown(not sure). Falcons would have to offer more than Tampa.