Stephen Nicholas

vel

Guest Negatorris

Yes after 6 years you can't keep saying "this guy would be really good if it wasn't for his circumstances". 6 years and you still talk about him like he was a 2nd year player.

No matter how much you think your LBs are better than ours, our offense smokes your defense, and our D smokes your offense year after year. Come back when your team is worth an argument.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the thread was created for the Ravens game asking for evaluations of each player. I want to know who had Nic because I didn't see it and I wanted to make sure that got it's own thread for a little bit. All off season people didn't understand why Nic was even resigned and not upgraded. I know it's just preseason but I think the guy should you all why. I dare say he was the best defensive player in that game. He shot a gap to help stop Rice deep in the backfield. He backed that up with a 3rd down stop. After that he stopped Rice again for a 2 yard gain on a draw. The guy was doing it all, like he always has been. Nic is a really good player and now that he will be a focal point of our defense, you guys will understand why he was resigned and why he doesn't need to be upgraded. Curtis+Lofton+Stephen+Nicholas+Divisional+SZ5js3VBRuel.jpg
Hot dam., Me and Vel finally agreed on something. Nic is Sic. Run game. Pass game. You name it. Trust me folks. Good call Vel.

You can apologize after nic smokes the panties in our first matchup... I'm sure cam will lead the panties to ummm errrr a losing record again but one with lots of superman imitations... what a joke.

Yes we are so scared that we will forget about Abe, your improve secondary, and Spoon.

I just got a chance to watch the game today. Gotta love that pre-season non existant sunday ticket! While I was watching the game, someone stood out to me, and I was thinking who is that guy? I am sure people will attack me from every angle known to man, but Nicholas was on fire that game. Wether it was a fluke, or some kind of side affect, from injecting Chuck Norris sweat in his veins. Whatever it was... I hope the he keeps it in ample supply. I know its pre-season, but that shouldn't play down what he accomplished.

Really?? A 2x pro bowler thinks a guy who best season is 80 tackles and 3 sacks is good.

You confuse numbers with effectiveness. Just because a guy didn't put up alot of stats, doesn't mean he didn't make an impact on the game. There are guys who do nothing but pile up stats and have an average skillset overall.

Nic is one of those guys who does all the little things that might not show up in the stat sheets. He takes on the lead blockers so the guys around him can make the tackle. He can rush the passer, drop back in coverage, and is a solid run defender. He's no Beason but he definately isn't below average either.

I I DNT feel comfortable with Nic in space but ill give him credit for the pass break up.. but that's still just one play, and I hear a lot of ppl blowing it out of proportion.

Trust me. You will soon. Especially compared to Lofton. Nic has been our best cover LB, at least on 3 down, the past 2 years combined. He was our best in 2010 and second best in 2011. You don't feel comfortable because you haven't seen much.

Trust me. You will soon. Especially compared to Lofton. Nic has been our best cover LB, at least on 3 down, the past 2 years combined. He was our best in 2010 and second best in 2011. You don't feel comfortable because you haven't seen much.

I Dnt feel comfortable cause he hasn't done much of anything in the passing game... TEs used to eat him alive , and honestly, how can you say he was our best cover LB in 2010 and 2011?

The day spoon got on this team he was our best cover guy.. and to be honest that's not saying much cause he was aw rookie and haven't done anything either...

2011 spoon had 5 PD and should have had at least 2 picks... Nic doesn't get his hands on any balls or covers TEs well at all laser yr...

Look I'm waiting to see how he looks in this scheme for he might be another player who was used wrong with BVG. But as of right now he needs to improve on reading QBs eyes and being able to play zone... Were not going to man up all the time.. but if he comes around then great.

Edited by madman88

I like our starting rotation with spoon, nic, and dent hope he comes back soon but I still dont like the depth behind peterson is okay but keep in mind he is 36 years old, robert james has shown flashes from that presason game with the ravens but I need more games to judge him and everyone else is a mystery behind them.

I Dnt feel comfortable cause he hasn't done much of anything in the passing game... TEs used to eat him alive , and honestly, how can you say he was our best cover LB in 2010 and 2011? The day spoon got on this team he was our best cover guy.. and to be honest that's not saying much cause he was aw rookie and haven't done anything either... 2011 spoon had 5 PD and should have had at least 2 picks... Nic doesn't get his hands on any balls or covers TEs well at all laser yr... Look I'm waiting to see how he looks in this scheme for he might be another player who was used wrong with BVG. But as of right now he needs to improve on reading QBs eyes and being able to play zone... Were not going to man up all the time.. but if he comes around then great.

I don't know how many times I must post this link...

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2011/9/10/2416117/2010-falcons-defense-pass-coverage-by-numbers-3rd-down-conversions

1. Stephen Nicholas was by far the best LB in 3rd down stops. Stephen Nicholas had a 3rd down stop rate of 69.2%(9 stops /13 Attempts)

I don't know how many times I must post this link...

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2011/9/10/2416117/2010-falcons-defense-pass-coverage-by-numbers-3rd-down-conversions

1. Stephen Nicholas was by far the best LB in 3rd down stops. Stephen Nicholas had a 3rd down stop rate of 69.2%(9 stops /13 Attempts)

I'm not as stat guy.. but for the team to be ranked in the bottom of the league in 3rd down percentage means everybody struggled, so I'm not just harping Nic...

Saying that, 3rd down stops Dnt prove someone is good in coverage.. that stat alone is only on one down, and I told someone before u cnt meaasure how good someone is playing in space by numbers... Nic strengths and attacking and chasing, I'm sure u can agree with that..

I'm not as stat guy.. but for the team to be ranked in the bottom of the league in 3rd down percentage means everybody struggled, so I'm not just harping Nic...

Saying that, 3rd down stops Dnt prove someone is good in coverage.. that stat alone is only on one down, and I told someone before u cnt meaasure how good someone is playing in space by numbers... Nic strengths and attacking and chasing, I'm sure u can agree with that..

Yer I will agree with that but tbh right now he is the tallest midget and the thing I honestly love about him is he will give us all he has got ( look at the ray rice stiff arm for an example, he was still the 2nd man to the tackle after being put on the ground)

Yer I will agree with that but tbh right now he is the tallest midget and the thing I honestly love about him is he will give us all he has got ( look at the ray rice stiff arm for an example, he was still the 2nd man to the tackle after being put on the ground)

I agree, Nic has always gave great effort..

I want from him like I do with a lot of other players, thats consistency... I love Nic going foward, just backwards is Wat has worried me for yrs.

• 1 month later...