Kevin Cone Vs Drew Davis

I noticed cone on special teams all night, but also noticed Davis come in at Wideout first, i nkow its a tight race, and davis made a couple nice plays, but couldnt control through the whole play, but Kevin Cone was open ALL night once he got in, i cant wait to see him with someone who can get him the ball, Who you think wins it out, is possible to carry 6, i doubt it, but with cone on special teams, it looks like he might have a spot. What you guys think, who wins out?

I think its Cone's spot to lose already.

Yeah thats been my feeling too, ive been to camp, and i live near rome, ga, so i made the trip to dalton, Cone is motivated and ready, i had a nice chat with him in dalton, and he gave me his gloves and signed him, so im pulling for the guy.. When JPW was in, Cone was beating guys silly.... and wilson never even saw him :x ... #drewdavisforqb3

Looks like the Drew Davis is better since he got opportunities with the 1st team. Davis was playing hard the whole game. The only thing I saw from Cone was screen and another short pass. I like both of these guys now but I still want James Rodgers to be given a chance in the preseason.

I think its Cone's spot to lose already.

Probably correct, BUT I think coaches do like Davis as well. Like Russ said, he was the first backup in at WR, playing with the 1st team in our 2nd possession. Might have even played in the 1st possession, but not sure. I think that the coaches are giving Davis every opportunity to win a spot on the roster.

Have they said if we are going with 5 or 6 WRs yet? Who is 4 if Davis & Cone are fighting for the 5th spot?

Just to add another guy to the mix, I liked what I saw from Toone as well in the 1st game. My biggest problem with him is that he's old for a 1st/2nd year guy. The dude is already 27 according to nfl.com.

• 3 weeks later...