John Parker Wilson - Its Time To Say Goodbye....

Tonight was a classic example on why JPW does not deserve a spot on this roster. He has been with the Falcons for three years and he is no better today than he was three years ago. Both Tyrod Taylor and Curtis Painter clearly outclass JPW. I realize he is our 3rd stringer but Chris Redman has clearly regressed as well.

Every year there are 4 or so QBs that have been starters at one point in their careers that are available - this year Curtis Painter and David Garrard come to mind. You also have the guys at tail-end of careers - way past their prime but still capable to come into a game - catch lightning in a bottle and win a few games for the NFL team/organization.

You could put JPW on a team of all-pros and he could not win a game. John Parker Wilson is not athletic but at least he is not smart nor accurate either. huh.png

I know freebird disagrees, but there is no question in my mind that Dominque Davis is a better prospect for the #3 spot on this QB depth chart than is John Parker Wilson - he is......simply awful.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jpw is the exact same player that went undrafted 4 years ago....and that's sad.

because Matt has only missed like 2 games in 4 years Dimitroff/Smith think they can get by. Well, the left tackle position is a ticking time bomb and T-Rex is gonna let a beast get up a head of steam and mash Ryan at some point - when that happens, the backup QB position is gonna bite us in the arss.

David Garrard is going to get the start tomorrow for the Dolphins meaning he's ahead of Matt Moore. That means Matt Moore could potentially be out of a job at the end of preseason. If so the Falcons need to jump on him asap. Dude has proven that he can play and even win a few games in spot duty for both the Panthers and Dolphins.

Tonight was a classic example on why JPW does not deserve a spot on this roster. He has been with the Falcons for three years and he is no better today than he was three years ago. Both Tyrod Taylor and Curtis Painter clearly outclass JPW. I realize he is our 3rd stringer but Chris Redman has clearly regressed as well.

Every year there are 4 or so QBs that have been starters at one point in their careers that are available - this year Curtis Painter and David Garrard come to mind. You also have the guys at tail-end of careers - way past their prime but still capable to come into a game - catch lightning in a bottle and win a few games for the NFL team/organization.

You could put JPW on a team of all-pros and he could not win a game. John Parker Wilson is not athletic but at least he is not smart nor accurate either. huh.png

I know freebird disagrees, but there is no question in my mind that Dominque Davis is a better prospect for the #3 spot on this QB depth chart than is John Parker Wilson - he is......simply awful.

We agree yet again bro. Cut that mofo tomorrow and give his clipboard job to Davis. He's turrible. I bet he couldn't hit Julio in the NFL. This aint the NCAA.

David Garrard is going to get the start tomorrow for the Dolphins meaning he's ahead of Matt Moore. That means Matt Moore could potentially be out of a job at the end of preseason. If so the Falcons need to jump on him asap. Dude has proven that he can play and even win a few games in spot duty for both the Panthers and Dolphins.

I wouldnt pay any attention to what the Phins are doing. It is a fiasco down here. To be honest I still think Moore starts. Its hard to explain. Local sports talk compared to national is night and day.

That said , I would love to steal Moore from these idiots.

I wouldnt pay any attention to what the Phins are doing. It is a fiasco down here. To be honest I still think Moore starts. Its hard to explain. Local sports talk compared to national is night and day.

That said , I would love to steal Moore from these idiots.

I thought the Dolphins were making a major mistake going after Tanneyhill. If I were running the Dolphins I would have made Moore the starter from day 1 and used that draft pick on another position of need.

I thought the Dolphins were making a major mistake going after Tanneyhill. If I were running the Dolphins I would have made Moore the starter from day 1 and used that draft pick on another position of need.

Everyone in Miami thought the Dolphins made a mistake going after Tann. The majority down here seriously would of rather pick BPA and stink it up next year on purpose and take Barkley.

Everyone in Miami thought the Dolphins made a mistake going after Tann. The majority down here seriously would of rather pick BPA and stink it up next year on purpose and take Barkley.

That would have been a much smarter move. Go BPA and hand the job to Moore and if he bombs you position yourself to get Matt Barkley. But there's a reason the Dolphins haven't been relevant since Don Shula retired.

Agree 100%, g-dawg.

We should have drafted a Nick Foles or Kirk Cousins this year. Last year, we could have drafted a Tyrod Taylor, Ricky Stanzi, or T.J. Yates late.

****, even Pat Devlin or Scott Tolzien - two UDFAs from 2011 - would've been upgrades over JPW and Redman, IMO.

I'm not one to bash TD, but that shlt just doesn't make sense. Even if Ryan were only to miss ONE game this year, we would likely lose it on account of the ineptidude of our backup QBs. And, in a competitive NFC, one game can be the difference between winning your division or, even worse, not making the playoffs at all.

Edited by BlazerFalcon