Thank You From Whitfield County Athletes To Falcons Titans And Fans

Again my name is Josh Robinson and I am the head football coach and athletic director at Northwest Whitfield High School which is right around the corner from Coahulla Creek where the Falcons and Titans scrimmaged.

I would like to personally thank all that attended. It was a huge success. The titans and falcons head coach both talked to me personally about how great, organized, and well ran the entire thing was. I would also like to thank all that not only bought water, drinks, food, etc....BUT at the same time supported struggling athletic programs in the county. I know the prices were more than a gas station BUT at the same time they weren't to high and a lot of money was raised for ALL Of our local schools. It was a huge success and the Falcons and Titans expressed an interest in wanting to come back to our area and do it again next year.

Now to the apologies because in such a large event it is impossible to make everyone happy.

1) I have heard complaints of heat and the lack of a water fountain. This was beyond our control as event coordinators as water fountains were not put in during the building of the school

2) I have heard complaints about not accepting credit or debit cards. Again I apologize BUT most high school concession stands are not equipped to accept either and there was no way to efficiently to do this as I assure you we looked into.

3) Heat problems....This is always a concern for those that have it occur. There were 13 reported people with heat problems that I visited out of over 8400 people at the event. While 0 is much better than 13 but is .15% of the visitors. All were treated by emergency personnel quickly.

Lastly...some have "attacked" on the premise of money...I assure you I, nor any other coach or individual, will get this money. It goes RIGHT BACK to OUR ATHLETES!!!! They are VERY APPRECIATIVE!!

Josh Robinson

706-280-0982

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn
^haha, looks like he found your 5+ posts lmao

Like i said I'm not going to talk on this. Nor am I a troll with multiple accounts like you. Nor was I all 15 people who had to be treated for dehydration.

And I have nothing to say to a kid who has a reputation of -3....when was the last time we had the plus/negative system....yet you still are -3.

Then to top it off your old screen name is bieberfever....now that's a good laugh.

Again my name is Josh Robinson and I am the head football coach and athletic director at Northwest Whitfield High School which is right around the corner from Coahulla Creek where the Falcons and Titans scrimmaged.

I would like to personally thank all that attended. It was a huge success. The titans and falcons head coach both talked to me personally about how great, organized, and well ran the entire thing was. I would also like to thank all that not only bought water, drinks, food, etc....BUT at the same time supported struggling athletic programs in the county. I know the prices were more than a gas station BUT at the same time they weren't to high and a lot of money was raised for ALL Of our local schools. It was a huge success and the Falcons and Titans expressed an interest in wanting to come back to our area and do it again next year.

Now to the apologies because in such a large event it is impossible to make everyone happy.

1) I have heard complaints of heat and the lack of a water fountain. This was beyond our control as event coordinators as water fountains were not put in during the building of the school

2) I have heard complaints about not accepting credit or debit cards. Again I apologize BUT most high school concession stands are not equipped to accept either and there was no way to efficiently to do this as I assure you we looked into.

3) Heat problems....This is always a concern for those that have it occur. There were 13 reported people with heat problems that I visited out of over 8400 people at the event. While 0 is much better than 13 but is .15% of the visitors. All were treated by emergency personnel quickly.

Lastly...some have "attacked" on the premise of money...I assure you I, nor any other coach or individual, will get this money. It goes RIGHT BACK to OUR ATHLETES!!!! They are VERY APPRECIATIVE!!

Josh Robinson

706-280-0982

I was at the event, I didn't have any problems, and had a great time.

Like i said I'm not going to talk on this. Nor am I a troll with multiple accounts like you. Nor was I all 15 people who had to be treated for dehydration.

And I have nothing to say to a kid who has a reputation of -3....when was the last time we had the plus/negative system....yet you still are -3.

Then to top it off your old screen name is bieberfever....now that's a good laugh.

First off, this is the only account I have. I had this account since 2010 (been a lurker for years before that) and the bieberfever name was a joke because of JPW had hair EXACTLY like justin bieber at the time. The reason why i'm -3 is because my very first post back in 2010 people didn't get the joke and neg'd me for my name.

Well for myself, I had a great time and I am very happy if the bucks I spent help your athletic program Josh. I know it has to be very tough on athletic programs in this rotten economy. I don't want to incur the wrath of Mashburn here, but if you live here in Atlanta, you have a certain responsibility to be prepared for the heat when you go outside.

Sorry, but too many people are overweight, don't exercise, never go outside and then collapse when they are subjected to the heat after hibernating in their air conditioned igloos. They had drinks there. If you didn't want to spend the money or didn't prepare by taking cash - sorry that is your fault.

Take some ownership for yourself, and quit blaming the world for your lack of preparation. That is not a shot at you personally Mashburn, but yes it is a shot at people in general who think someone is going to take care of them when they venture out into the harsh world.

Good Job overall on the event Josh, and I look forward to attending next year.

Well for myself, I had a great time and I am very happy if the bucks I spent help your athletic program Josh. I know it has to be very tough on athletic programs in this rotten economy. I don't want to incur the wrath of Mashburn here, but if you live here in Atlanta, you have a certain responsibility to be prepared for the heat when you go outside.

Sorry, but too many people are overweight, don't exercise, never go outside and then collapse when they are subjected to the heat after hibernating in their air conditioned igloos. They had drinks there. If you didn't want to spend the money or didn't prepare by taking cash - sorry that is your fault.

Take some ownership for yourself, and quit blaming the world for your lack of preparation. That is not a shot at you personally Mashburn, but yes it is a shot at people in general who think someone is going to take care of them when they venture out into the harsh world.

Good Job overall on the event Josh, and I look forward to attending next year.

I say BS,they should have water fountains for ther public, public $ built the place for crying out loud .......gonna charge folks to whiz as well ?

Coach you've got nothing to apologize for. It was no different than the Friday Night Lights at any other high school I have attended. I know friends that were raising money for the band kids and I think most of us get it and the prices were the same as any other event $2 or $3 for a beverage or whatever. Since the average attendee would be more likely to get their information from the Falcons website and not the high school website and think it should be on their organization to advise people about bringing water. Quite frankly I try to never leave my common sense at home.

I say BS,they should have water fountains for ther public, public $ built the place for crying out loud .......gonna charge folks to whiz as well ?

well, if they're not providing water, and with the heat causing you to sweat out all your body fluids, then you shouldn't have to whiz, therefore saving them all the more money on bathroom supplies and water to flush the toilet with.....hard to believe they built a school building, esp any where near athletic fields with no water fountains

Good post Coach Robinson. I appreciate the effort it took to bring these two teams to the North Georgia area and hope it happens again in the future. There's no need for you to have to apologize because of a few folks pissing and moaning over a whole lot of nothing. Hellfire all these individuals had to do was leave and go to the nearest ATM in Varnell and get some freakin money or go get something to drink at a local convenience store. Like Phatty said it's not your fault some people don't use common sense when going to one of these events. They'll be better prepared next time.

Glad it was a success and kudos for posting here to address the issues.

1 Suggestion for the cash challenged is those card swipe attachments and app for a mobile phone. A school booster club might invest in 1 account for all fundraising and then sort out the money raised for a particular event.

As for water, were the bathrooms not equipped with sinks? If you can't stand the heat or afford the $3 drink, besides leaving whenever you wish, you can get a paper towel and some tap water.

Maybe we should have a law that all public venues should have those fans with a water mister and a personal butler to fan everyone with palm fronds and fetch drinks with little umbrellas if the temp is over 80*. And we wonder why this country runs a deficit.

Their ought to be a law against passing laws to protect people from their own poor planning.

Not a personal attack on anyone, as complaining about heat or water is an opinion, and if I were lucky enough to have made it, I would have probably griped about the heat too, but I would not have gotten heat stroke.

Coach Robinson,

I was at this event. The adults on our street made an evening out for the Falcons practice. We all took the afternoon off from work and it was worth every minute setting on the bleachers in the sun. I must say this, "everyone at the scrimage seem to have a great time." We just hope it will continue. The event staff ran a first class event. We parked at Edwards Park and rode the bus to the school. I bought food and drinks just to support the school programs.

I alo want to personally thank you for posting on this board to request support for the teams. Without your post, I would not know the proceeds from food and drinks were to support school programs.

FF2

Josh Robinson

706-280-0982

Only .15 percent of the people there nearly died? sounds like a success to me

They built a new school with no water fountains ? ........another fine example of government at work, LOL, that may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard

The school has fountains. The field is quite a hike down from the school. There were bathrooms where water was in the sink if cash was an issue and water was needed. There were numerous EMTs and first responders on site ready to help with anyone who was having trouble.

I work for the school system a few miles from Coahulla Creek. The facility was a great choice for the event, and it provided a much needed boost to our local athletics. They did a great job organizing the event, and the prices were certainly not outrageous. With all things, you learn from events, and when the opportunity arises to do it again, you do it even better. If the opportunity affords itself, which it seems it might, I'm sure there's lots of tweaks and changes that will be done to improve the event. The staff was all volunteer, mostly parents of local athletes and employees of the school system, and they worked their tails off bringing concessions around to the people as well as manning the booths.

Kudos to all involved.