Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paul n coke

Interesting Quote From Mercedes Lewis

282 posts in this topic

So you think Dirk Koetter is gonna channel his inner Mike Martz.?

So far in this thread, you tried to paint Mike Mularkey as a GM and compared the 2012 Falcons to the Greatest Show on Turf. You're a regular rubber-band man.

A trade up for a QB doesn't happen unless the head coach wants it to. Plain and ****in simple. HIS JOB RIDES ON THE DECISION. Keep playing dumb.

I hope so, I hope so. I will be cheering for him to improve but I am completely a pessimist now.

The deep ball is nothing like the 3pt shot. I played college ball, it's nothing like a 3pt shot.

Practice doesn't make perfect, you must have the tools for starters.

I don't know if he can improve on his pocket mobility, velocity, ability to throw on the run, and what not. I think he will be more confidence with the muscle.

In terms of percentages they are exactly the same. So you're telling me a 3 pointer is a high percentage shot? If that's the case why didnt shaq shoot 3's? Or everybody tgat plays down low? Centers and power fowards? Ray Allen is one of the best 3 point shooters ever and his percentage is in the 40's. Same with deep passes. A 10 yard pass is a higher completion percentage than 40. That's a fact. A five foot jumper is a higher percentage shot than a 15 footer. Fact

Tuggle'2 likes this

In terms of percentages they are exactly the same. So you're telling me a 3 pointer is a high percentage shot? If that's the case why didnt shaq shoot 3's? Or everybody tgat plays down low? Centers and power fowards? Ray Allen is one of the best 3 point shooters ever and his percentage is in the 40's. Same with deep passes. A 10 yard pass is a higher completion percentage than 40. That's a fact. A five foot jumper is a higher percentage shot than a 15 footer. Fact

It's not the same. End of story. Anyone can learn to shoot 3 pointers with a lot of reps. Anyone can't throw a football 45 yards with the needed velocity for the throw. Not the same.

It's not the same. End of story. Anyone can learn to shoot 3 pointers with a lot of reps. Anyone can't throw a football 45 yards with the needed velocity for the throw. Not the same.

wrong!!! lol if reps is all it took to make 3 pt shots every play would be taking reps to make 3 pt shots what are you smoking

TheFatboi likes this

Matt Ryan completed 347 passes. Roddy had 100 (29%). Tony had 80 (23%). Julio had 54 (16%). That's 68% of Matt Ryan's completions. Fitting that that is the personnel that is MM's favorite lineup: 212. Basically 70% of Ryan's output went to 3 players. Tell me how that's smart.

Our FO's philosphy is not to spread the ball around to a bunch of decent-good guys, but to force it to a few great guys. Otherwise, why draft Julio when you can draft Baldwin. You won't get Julio's talent, but you don't need his talent if you are only going to give him maybe 50 catches a season.

The decision still defies logical explanation.

That's not true. If it were that easy everybody would be a 3 point threat. I played basketball too homie. LOL. You'll never get that point across to ANYBODY. LIKE I SAID. Why are 3 point percentages lower than a 5 footer or an 8 footer?? It's not rocket science. It's a LONGER shot. The closer shot is easier to make. It's a reason guards shoot better 3's. Because they're better shooters. I don't care who u teach to shoot a 3 pointer I BET their 3 point percentage is LOWER than 2 point percentage. You're totally missing the point of this clearly.

jdawg4876 likes this

I crack up that people think a guy that is completely clueless has managed to keep jobs as an offensive coordinator in this league for over a decade and get promoted to head coach twice. And the guy was never fired from any job except for when the entire staff was fired in Miami. How has Mike Mularkey fooled so many smart people for soooo long?
LMAO and so true.

I think there is more mularkey on this thread than in JAX.

Mr. Right likes this

wrong!!! lol if reps is all it took to make 3 pt shots every play would be taking reps to make 3 pt shots what are you smoking

He lost me on that one. I gave him the benefit of the doubt until he said that. If you can teach anyone by reps then shaq would be a great 3 point shooter. Some guys are simply too tall to be great 3 point shooters

A trade up for a QB doesn't happen unless the head coach wants it to. Plain and ****in simple. HIS JOB RIDES ON THE DECISION. Keep playing dumb.

I wouldn't want to challenge you in the dumb department....you're too good at it.

So MM contributing to a bad personnel decision makes his schemes bad? What does that say for Koetter and Gabbert? We all know Jack Del Rio was a defensive coach, so Koetter must have had input in Blaine's selection.

It is too much, but assuming a jump for Julio Jones, do you really see Kerry Meier taking 20 off Roddy White?(and I know you are high on Meier....we've been through that) I think while you may find the routes and personnel packages different, I don't think they'll be radically different.

I see Roddy at 70 catches. Julio around the same. So that means 20 are open. That's a little over 1 a game. Yes. Meier will have 20 catches. Taking them from a certain player is a stretch to say.

A 3 point shot is also about arc and trajectory just like a what...40 yard pass. Shaq had noooooooo arc. He was piss poor at free throws. If u couldn't teach him to shoot free throws with reps how u gonna teach him to shoot 3's? lol. Dam dude

I see Roddy at 70 catches. Julio around the same. So that means 20 are open. That's a little over 1 a game. Yes. Meier will have 20 catches. Taking them from a certain player is a stretch to say.

If anything, I think they come from Gonzo. Roddy White is too big of a security blanket to lose 30% production.

Yea. Less is more if we wanna be what GB and NO are. GB may have 5 players with 50+ yards. It's about distribution of the ball now. Roddy can still have 1300 yards with less catches. YAC BABY.

That's cute, I bet Matt is proud of you for being his personal internet defender and hugger.

Are your parents proud of their little internet troll?

A 3 point shot is also about arc and trajectory just like a what...40 yard pass. Shaq had noooooooo arc. He was piss poor at free throws. If u couldn't teach him to shoot free throws with reps how u gonna teach him to shoot 3's? lol. Dam dude

You're wasting your breath. You can't explain a sport to someone who hasn't played it. That's why alot of these Falcons debates take place.

vel likes this

If anything, I think they come from Gonzo. Roddy White is too big of a security blanket to lose 30% production.

How much you want to bet Roddy is nowhere near 100 catches again? 70-80 will be the range.

You're wasting your breath. You can't explain a sport to someone who hasn't played it. That's why alot of these Falcons debates take place.

Truth

There really is. That's the problem. 75% of our offense went through those 4 players. Definitely too much. Roddy, Julio and Tony had 230 catches. Turner had 300 carries. That's too much flowing through 4 players. Period.

Roddy should never see 100 catches again. Tony should never see 80 catches again. Turner will never 300 carries gain. Who does that go to? Quizz, HD, Meier, Snelling.

Totally agree and been saying this for years.

Them mofos better execute though or it will just be a pipe dream.

He won't necessarily lose 30% of his production if we can get him in space more. I do agree that 70 is a bit on the small end though. I'm thinking around 80 or a little bit more than that.

How much you want to bet Roddy is nowhere near 100 catches again? 70-80 will be the range.

80 is only 5 per game. I'd be amazed at a number less than that, cause you know he's gonna have his 10 catch games.

I think so too. 70-80 should be plenty. That means 30-40 passes distributed somewhere else. Take 20 passes from Gonzo and distribute them elsewhere too.

He won't necessarily lose 30% of his production if we can get him in space more. I do agree that 70 is a bit on the small end though. I'm thinking around 80.

Roddy's production will drop if Ryan gets better protection. I'm not buying that ticket just yet.

80 is only 5 per game. I'd be amazed at a number less than that, cause you know he's gonna have his 10 catch games.

In certain instances sure. But 6-8 catches with nice yac and he'll be happy. Watching other guys get yac makes the other guys want to get yac. Then a friendly competition within the team starts and guys want to do more with their opportunities. "My turn" should be heard throughout the team this year or "Get you some". I wanna hear that rather than "Give Roddy or Gonzo the ball"