Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paul n coke

Interesting Quote From Mercedes Lewis

282 posts in this topic

I pray good health is bestowed upon him because i think we will. In a passing league, i dont see how the impact of a dominant WR can be understated. It just opens up a whole dynamic to an offense that has talent across the board

Only when the defense got fixed, did AJ and the Texans get to the playoffs. Without Warner, Fitz and the Cardinals fell off the map. You need the QB to unlock the maximum production from the WR.

For me, regarding Mularkey it's all about this:

He's a "fixer" more than anything else. His basic philosophies regarding how offensive football should be played are fine....fine for a young, inexperienced roster. Once that offense starts to mature Mularkey doesn't grow with them....and that's why he has about a 3 year shelf life as a coordinator.

Exactly. Hence he's always gone to the same kind of situation after leaving PIT. Also, that is why he maintains that know it all, inflexible attitude. He has no clue what to do with talent. He was fine to establish stability and get players in line. That's what we needed. That's what JAX needs. He is not good with developing or even using talent. If you aren't a player that everybody knows how to use, you won't play. Ask Wes Welker.

That's why I call him a useless dunce. Yes, he has a place in this league...not at the top. It's funny the same people that try and say it's up to the players to make things work also point to rankings and stats for why MM was good. Kind of flip floppy right?

We had too much talent to score 0 points against the Bears and Giants when all they ran was Cover 2. We have too much talent to be top 10 in the league in 1 and 2 WR sets. Those are the players I guess because MM did everything he could to make us win.

Can somebody please tell me what the job of the Offensive Coordinator is since it seems that our struggles fall on the players and none on the OC? I clearly have it wrong.

If we kept him and he didn't perform well you'd bash "Young" TD for keeping him. Your logic is flawed. Anyone can see that.

'Young' James, that is incorrect. There are players that I do not mind keeping on the roster - even when they haven't performed because of the potential I see. Matthews, Sidbury, and Franks come to mind. Laurent would have been a no brainer keeper.

Oh Bullsh1t. The window for contention is so small in the NFL that you do not keep the wrong guy. If MM was the wrong guy, why go out to get Julio Jones to be more explosive? If you're going all in, you don't do it at WR and nowhere else, unless you totally believe in what you've built. This idea of a grace year for MM is just something you guys spin out to rationalize bad decisions.

We didnt blow up the team, we just made a philosophical adjustment. Furthermore, regardless if MM was the coordinator or not, the fact still remained we had to get more explosive on offense. We did and MM is not the coordinator anymore, does that mean we should trade Julio now?

Oh Bullsh1t. The window for contention is so small in the NFL that you do not keep the wrong guy. If MM was the wrong guy, why go out to get Julio Jones to be more explosive? If you're going all in, you don't do it at WR and nowhere else, unless you totally believe in what you've built. This idea of a grace year for MM is just something you guys spin out to rationalize bad decisions.

Try reading what I wrote.

I still think MM is the wrong guy for where we're going. You know as well as I do a coordinator can take a team as far as he can sometimes. In my business artists start out with certain producers but after a while they hit a wall and they start working with different producers to get bigger songs and different concepts. Michael Jackson started with his MM. After he hit a wall with him he went to Quincy Jones and got Thriller. Not saying Koetter is Quincy but you see what I'm saying. The players may have stopped believing in his system and stopped performing to the best of their abilities. Not putting it all on MM at all cause execution was a big part but I did get tired of seeing plays that didn't spread the field.

So why did they let MM interview for every job opportunity that came up if they were so set on keeping him?

The only reason MM was back was because he stopped interviewing and decided to stay because of the uncertainty of the lockout. Our offense was so stale in 2010. Matt's lowest YPA and we were last in explosive plays. To remedy that, you go and get a player who is a walking 20 yard gain in Julio or AJ.

Please further explain to me how going to get Julio is an indication of going all in with MM, because the fact that they let him interview for other positions instead of denying him has me confused on that assumption.

niels petersen likes this

Only when the defense got fixed, did AJ and the Texans get to the playoffs. Without Warner, Fitz and the Cardinals fell off the map. You need the QB to unlock the maximum production from the WR.

Schemes can do that.

Schemes can do that.

It just so happened that Peyton was out for the year too. They went to the playoffs with a 3rd string QB. But that's not schemes right?

If we lost Ryan in MM's scheme, we'd go winless. Oh wait! We did with Redman!

The Pats lost Brady for a season and went 11-5 with scrub Matt Cassel. Pure scheme. Look at Cassel in KC.

We didnt blow up the team, we just made a philosophical adjustment. Furthermore, regardless if MM was the coordinator or not, the fact still remained we had to get more explosive on offense. We did and MM is not the coordinator anymore, does that mean we should trade Julio now?

We did have to get more explosive. The question is should we have used our free agent and draft resources in a manner to achieve that goal or did we make an all-in move because we assumed the team was close to serious contention and just needed one more weapon. You don't make the 2nd choice if you're not sold on MM and his philosophy.

I suppose losing Anquan Boldin, Karlos Dansby, and Antrel Rolle in the coming years didnt help either. We have a good core group of talent on our team and i think Julio adds another element to it

But sidenote: where is FFS70 at, with his Laurent Robinson dribble? Struggling in his man MM's scheme, but it was obvious he was going to do what he did in Dallas in Atlanta. I told yall schemes make a lot of difference. The only difference between Dallas and JAX is the scheme for Laurent.

seems like we were Mularkey'd rather than dimitroff'd!

It just so happened that Peyton was out for the year too. They went to the playoffs with a 3rd string QB. But that's not schemes right?

The Pats lost Brady for a season and went 11-5 with scrub Matt Cassel. Pure scheme. Look at Cassel in KC.

GB had a guy that did pretty well in two games as well when Rodgers was out. In 2010 and last year. And he is definitely no Rodgers.

I still think MM is the wrong guy for where we're going. You know as well as I do a coordinator can take a team as far as he can sometimes. In my business artists start out with certain producers but after a while they hit a wall and they start working with different producers to get bigger songs and different concepts. Michael Jackson started with his MM. After he hit a wall with him he went to Quincy Jones and got Thriller. Not saying Koetter is Quincy but you see what I'm saying. The players may have stopped believing in his system and stopped performing to the best of their abilities. Not putting it all on MM at all cause execution was a big part but I did get tired of seeing plays that didn't spread the field.

He probably was the wrong guy and ended up being the convenient fall guy as well. Anyone who watched our games knew the problems ran a lot deeper than Mike Mularkey

Payton team was the worst in the NFL

Redman isn't any good and he isn't super bad either.

Brady team was 16-0 and had the best team ever and Cassel is not a scrub, just a solid QB.

So why did they let MM interview for every job opportunity that came up if they were so set on keeping him?

The only reason MM was back was because he stopped interviewing and decided to stay because of the uncertainty of the lockout. Our offense was so stale in 2010. Matt's lowest YPA and we were last in explosive plays. To remedy that, you go and get a player who is a walking 20 yard gain in Julio or AJ.

Please further explain to me how going to get Julio is an indication of going all in with MM, because the fact that they let him interview for other positions instead of denying him has me confused on that assumption.

Vel you always let a coordinator interview for a promotion. Always. The MM decision process was made months before the Jones trade.

He probably was the wrong guy and ended up being the convenient fall guy as well. Anyone who watched our games knew the problems ran a lot deeper than Mike Mularkey

Not disagreeing but my point is it's a new NFL and MM's scheme was 80's and 90's Steelers. I think we needed to make that Julio play and get on page with the new NFL. I just hope we didn't wait a year too long to do it.

You automatically assume that the new scheme will be more successful than the previous one. No evidence to support that,

Not automatically but I've watched too much football and seen new coordinators take the same team and turn them completely into something different the next year and go further than what they had with the previous.

Spare me your dodge-ball games.

You should talk about playing games.

You obviously didn't read what I wrote or you wouldn't have responded the way you did.