Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paul n coke

Interesting Quote From Mercedes Lewis

282 posts in this topic

Well I've seen every Falcon OC. I still say Mularkey was the best. Buddy knew how to get the balance. Like no other Falcon OC.

He tried his best to carry out Smitty's scheme.

He was knocking on the door in January of 2010 and all of 2011 when the explosive order came down.

The player execution was turrible.

I just hope Kutty will get the job done.

We need rest folks. How bout some fkn rest? In 2012.

mularky was one of the worst ocs we had to be honest. He had a team chockful of probowlers and didnt know what to do with it. Reeves and knapp were better imo.

You know whos a good oc? Payton.

TheFatboi likes this

Well I've seen every Falcon OC. I still say Mularkey was the best. Buddy knew how to get the balance. Like no other Falcon OC.

He was knocking on the door in January of 2010 and all of 2011 when the explosive order came down.

Sometimes it don't come down to bad execution. Sometimes the league catches up to what you're doing and overpower you straight up. And players get tired of a system that got old and doesn't work like it used to. It happens. That's what happened here. It was time for a change. He did a great job and raised Ryan from a puppy but that's all he's ever been good at. He's 80's and 90's Steelers ball. The steelers don't play old steelers ball anymore. Not on offense at least.

And there will always be teams struggling and young QBs. There is a reason MM has no Playoff wins under his belt as well.

2-2 while with the Steelers averaging 28 point per game, while the vaunted defense was giving up 25. There goes that theory.

The insane lengths this board will go to scapegoat MM is mind-boggling in the face of all real and probable truths.

Falcons went all explosive like so many wanted last season, and the "O" lagged behind the gasp "D" for half the season.

We threw more passes and players dropped more passes, missed more open receivers, missed more blocks and committed more costly penalties.

Players had less time to prepare past offseason and many including the HC have excused players for some lack of execution, but it was all MM fault.

Peyton likes this

How can MM not be the best OC when some claim that MS/TD/MR are the best of all time?

A 3 point shot is also about arc and trajectory just like a what...40 yard pass. Shaq had noooooooo arc. He was piss poor at free throws. If u couldn't teach him to shoot free throws with reps how u gonna teach him to shoot 3's? lol. Dam dude

Anyone can train and hit a 3 pointer. Now to be a marksman or be consistent is a completely different thing which wasn't my point. We need to be in real life to have this convo, too many nuthuggers online who would get put in their place in real life that's trying to give their take.

I still think Matt will need that quick outlet. Also think Gonzo will suffer a big drop, with Quizz making up the difference and little loss for White.

I agree, if anyone is losing touches, it wouldn't be Roddy, it would be Gonzo.