Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creative

Lofton W/ The Saints

232 posts in this topic

Didn't he lead the team in tackles every year? I may be wrong.

so? Thomas foundapenny led the team in Ints one year, Abraham leads the team in sacks. therefore he must be the real leader of the D.

so? Thomas foundapenny led the team in Ints one year, Abraham leads the team in sacks. therefore he must be the real leader of the D.

If he's leading the team in tackles every year he must be doing something right! Isn't a defense's job to stop the offense and make TACKLES?! Or am I missing something. WHO DAT. WE DAT

If he's leading the team in tackles every year he must be doing something right! Isn't a defense's job to stop the offense and make TACKLES?! Or am I missing something. WHO DAT. WE DAT

lol, you're kidding me right? ok, who made the dummy account? you guys know ghosting is against the COC. Whoever it is, you got me lol. nice job.

Didn't he lead the team in tackles every year? I may be wrong.

Brooking led the team in tackles when he was here so while it's nice to have it doesn't mean he was making game changing plays. Half of his tackles were at least 5 yards down field.

Lofton was a good player but he wasn't a game changer or difference maker for us.... but that could have been due to the Smitty/BVG 'system' and how the MLB was used in it so it will be interesting to see what he does for the Saints.

He'll probably have a lot of tackles for them. I just know Vilma has more picks in one season than Lofton has in his entire career. Same for sacks.

A journalist from bleecher report called LOFTON a leader and said he was improving in coverage ..

Curtis Lofton is arguably the best free agent still out there. Lofton has been the stalwart leader of the Falcons defense the past four years. He's one of the top middle linebackers in the NFL and a key contributor to the Falcons defense.

Curtis has been amazing statistically for the Falcons to go along with his leadership. Lofton has averaged 123 tackles, 1.0 sacks and two forced fumbles every year. He has also improved his coverage every year and his pass deflections and interceptions have been increasing.

Lofton has been testing the free-agency waters the past two weeks and has been courted by the Eagles, who went with DeMeco Ryans; the Buccaneers, who seem to be disinterested in paying Lofton the amount he wants and the Saints, who have under $1 million in cap space.

The Falcons have only $1.5 million in cap space, but could easily clear cap by re-signing Grimes long-term and lowering his cap hit this year from $10.281 million to a much more manageable figure.

The Falcons could also open cap by cutting either fullback Ovie Mughelli, saving $3.0 million in cap space, or left tackle Sam Baker, saving $2.56 million in cap space.

Lofton's suitors are fading fast and it's looking more likely that Lofton could come back to the Falcons. He has been working out with his Falcons teammates all offseason and even been talking with the team this offseason. His bond with the current Falcons is a large part in why he would come back to the team.

The linebacker market has been determined this offseason with the deals from Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, Jerod Mayo, D’Qwell Jackson and David Harris. The average top-five deal for the middle linebacker position is a six year, $46.6 million deal with an average of $25.6 million guaranteed.

Lofton will likely have to take a discount with the Falcons in order to stay, especially since there have been reports of him looking into the $8-9 million range per year. Lofton should end up around the $5.5-6 million range per year, and that would be the likely offer from Atlanta, as it's a very similar offer to the one Stephen Tulloch just signed with the Lions.

With the market being set and Lofton losing suitors rapidly, it's becoming more and more logical for him to come back to the Falcons and fully embrace the new scheme under Mike Nolan.

Bringing Lofton back will allow more scheme versatility for the Falcons between the 4-3 and 3-4 sets. Lofton is a thumper who has been improving in coverage and this team would be wise to bring back the 5-0.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1117734-curtis-lofton-why-the-future-pro-bowler-should-re-sign-with-the-atlanta-falcons

Link of course

Skelton needed a pass and looked right in Lofton's direction on that one play where he threw to the RB.

If our gameplan against the Taints doesn't exploit Lofton's total absence of coverage skills, I'll be very disappointed.

I saw Lofton cry after Brees broke the record.

yeah Spoon gets eaten up by Sproles and allows that to happen ...such a shame he did that record on us

So you clown BR when one of our own posters is a Featured Columnist on there but then try and use it to prove you point.

is BR credible and the journalist credible to you VEL ?

Speaking of Keith Brooking, he just now signed to the Broncos. per Adam Schefter

Oh yeah... good for him.

IF he makes the team I guess that means we'll have a chance to BOO the s@#t out of him in the season opener in the Dome. But that's a BIG iF.

is BR credible and the journalist credible to you VEL ?

It must be since you used it as a source to prove a point. Don't try and turn this on to me. You just clowned Carasik about puffing his chest about BR and saying it's nothing but then you turn around and post a BR article to prove Lofton's leadership.

It must be since you used it as a source to prove a point. Don't try and turn this on to me. You just clowned Carasik about puffing his chest about BR and saying it's nothing but then you turn around and post a BR article to prove Lofton's leadership.

so now you believe Lofton was a leader since a journalist posted it on bleecher report ...Is that enough evidence for you or should I look deeper ?

so now you believe Lofton was a leader since a journalist posted it on bleecher report ...Is that enough evidence for you or should I look deeper ?

Ok you really are just that dumb. Find me hard evidence of Lofton showing his leadership, not what you saw with your own eyes. I can say whatever I want with my own eyes and you can't disprove it.