Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creative

Lofton W/ The Saints

232 posts in this topic

the only disrespect is lofton joining the taints.

What some don't understand is loyalty goes out the window towards a former team when money is involved. Did he possibly overstate his worth when negoiating with the Falcons, maybe?. Did he take less money than the Falcons offered to join the Aints, common sense would dictate otherwise.

My view is he far from the piece of garbage many here indicate simply because he now plays for our most heated Rival - Sour grapes.

Swift are you really downplaying turf toe to show that Ryan wasn't a leader?

you think Brett Favre or Peyton Manning sit with turf toe or Brady .....real leaders ....

I never seen Ryan lead like Tom Brady ....OR PEYTON MANNING ..

Ryan is quiet like Lofton ..

que vel - showing me video of Ryan handling ball off to Turner and saying we cant stop this ? thats leadership ?

or Ryan hitting pads of oline ? thats leadership

pleasee.I seen Joey Harrington do that

que vel - showing me video of Ryan handling ball off to Turner and saying we cant stop this ? thats leadership ?

or Ryan hitting pads of oline ? thats leadership

pleasee.I seen Joey Harrington do that

So slipping is a lack of leadership just as much as handing the ball off to Turner is then. When Ryan got in the faces of his offense after Hartley missed that field goal, we marched down the field. You can't act like you don't remember that.

Again, Find me an instance where Lofton showed his leadership. There are multiple times, posted on here where Ryan showed his.

DirtyBirdKHAOS likes this

vel there you go. you made the point. i applaud you for that. thats the best leadership from ryan that this dumb moron doesnt seem to want to understand.

vel there you go. you made the point. i applaud you for that. thats the best leadership from ryan that this dumb moron doesnt seem to want to understand.

I like swift but he conveniently forgets things that disprove his arguments. Pointing to Ryan slipping in the Giants game as a lack of leadership is a classic example of swift just purely bashing Ryan, not arguing on points. Same with talking about Lofton playing on a hurt knee and Ryan sitting out with Turf Toe, yet he's never had Turf Toe himself.

I like swift but he conveniently forgets things that disprove his arguments. Pointing to Ryan slipping in the Giants game as a lack of leadership is a classic example of swift just purely bashing Ryan, not arguing on points. Same with talking about Lofton playing on a hurt knee and Ryan sitting out with Turf Toe, yet he's never had Turf Toe himself.

you really dont know when Im joking around ? That Ryan slip has nothing to do with his leadership .

Ryan sitting out games with turf toe shows lack of leadership when Lofton played with a hurt knee.....thats what LEADERS DO THEY PLAY HURT ?

When has Ryan played hurt ? please dont post DET game ...there was no real injury he twisted his ankle and was fine ..

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE A VIDEO OF A PLAYER PLAYING HURT SHOWING LEADERSHIP

Leadership ???

He was the first guy in the weight room this offseason,” Smith told reporters on Thursday, via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I think he took somewhere between two or three weeks off before he popped back up here in the building. When you have your quarterback as the first guy in I think that’s a positive thing. It’s funny how other guys started to trickle in when he came in."

Lofton was a very good player for us and I appreciate what he did for us, but to say that Ryan isn't a leader is utterly ridiculous.

When has Ryan played hurt ? please dont post DET game ...there was no real injury he twisted his ankle and was fine ..

link?

I also seem to remember Ryan coming back for the last few games of the season in order to get us that winning record even though he was still injured and, by your very definition, = LEADERSHIP

Additionally, Ryan may have came back in during the DET game but at the very least he had a sprained ankle, you saw it and so did I, LEADERSHIP.

/thread

vel likes this

link?

I also seem to remember Ryan coming back for the last few games of the season in order to get us that winning record even though he was still injured and, by your very definition, = LEADERSHIP

Additionally, Ryan may have came back in during the DET game but at the very least he had a sprained ankle, you saw it and so did I, LEADERSHIP.

/thread

after sitting out 2 games with TURF TOE ...lolllllllllll is that leadership ?

you really dont know when Im joking around ? That Ryan slip has nothing to do with his leadership .

Ryan sitting out games with turf toe shows lack of leadership when Lofton played with a hurt knee.....thats what LEADERS DO THEY PLAY HURT ?

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE A VIDEO OF A PLAYER PLAYING HURT SHOWING LEADERSHIP

That's not Lofton lol you brought up your guy Leftwich, who you thought would be good for us.

So because Lofton played hurt 1 time, that makes him the leader of the D? He's gotta fight with Babs because he played with a hurt knee this season too. So did Edwards.

You "proof" is weak swift. There is proof of Ryan rallying the troops, pumping the guys up, came back early from his turf toe to make sure we had a winning season, first in the weight room. Lofton didn't even break the huddle of the defense he was supposed to be the leader of.

So tell me, would you want you leader to have his back up breaking the huddle and pumping the guys up pre-game? That's what we had with Mike P. What kind of leader let's that happen? Mike P would break the huddle then not play a single snap with those guys.

you think a real leader like Manning or Brady miss a game down the stretch with TURF TOE ?

Ryan didn't neither. Came back and beat the Jets.

I want you to get turf toe then come back and say that.

b_12_3_6a.jpg

Ryan didnt miss 2 games in 2009 with turf toe ...down the stretch ? when we needed him to lead us to playoffs ? instead Ryan sits with TURF TOE

I just sat here and read though everything that has been said and I have to say HaynesnRison your debate is weak. Some injuries are harder to get over than others. To EFFECTIVELY play as a QB you have to be able to push off with your feet. Having turf toe makes that an extremely hard thing to do. A knee injury can be play though if it was bad enough to the point he couldn't play he would have sat to. Your using injuries as your only true point to show leadership shows that you have no idea what true leadership is.

I just sat here and read though everything that has been said and I have to say HaynesnRison your debate is weak. Some injuries are harder to get over than others. To EFFECTIVELY play as a QB you have to be able to push off with your feet. Having turf toe makes that an extremely hard thing to do. A knee injury can be play though if it was bad enough to the point he couldn't play he would have sat to. Your using injuries as your only true point to show leadership shows that you have no idea what true leadership is.

a knee injury you can play through ? you see how our fan base killed Grimes for not playing in playoff game ?

yea thought so

So yes, in a nutshell, ripping this tissue hurts, and it hurts a LOT. As Buffalo Rumblings mentioned in their T.O. toe coverage, the best treatment is something you might have picked up in high school health class: R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation).

I guess Ryan is just supposed to ignore rest and come back because Swift was going to talk bad about him.

FYI: Ray Lewis missed 3 games with Turf Toe. I guess that ruins his HOF caliber leadership. And his was down the stretch too.