Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creative

Lofton W/ The Saints

232 posts in this topic

The "not a leader" stuff really needs to stop. It comes across very weak.

Where is video evidence of Lofton leading?

He played MLB, which by default is the leader position of the defense. He called the plays of the defense since his rookie year, that's why he didn't come off the field. Please show me at least 5 times Lofton showed he was the leader of the D.

People that defend it bring up moments that they can't prove with evidence. When Spoon is out there, you know he is a leader. You know Ray Lewis is a leader. You know Patrick Willis is a leader. You know Vilma is a leader. Beason is a leader. The mere fact that it is questionable shows you how much of a leader he was. Never rallied the defense. Didn't even break the huddles. Sorry. Mike P was more of the leader of the D than Lofton.

He played MLB, which by default is the leader position of the defense. He called the plays of the defense since his rookie year, that's why he didn't come off the field. Please show me at least 5 times Lofton showed he was the leader of the D.

People that defend it bring up moments that they can't prove with evidence. When Spoon is out there, you know he is a leader. You know Ray Lewis is a leader. You know Patrick Willis is a leader. You know Vilma is a leader. Beason is a leader. The mere fact that it is questionable shows you how much of a leader he was. Never rallied the defense. Didn't even break the huddles. Sorry. Mike P was more of the leader of the D than Lofton.

I mean. like with the game on the line, one more play to go, was Lofton that dude you could look in the eyes, see that fire & know you was gonna win cause he wasn't gonna let you down & you KNEW he was gonna make a play?

vel likes this

Defenses tend to take on the personalities of their leaders. I've played with guys who would get the playcall from the coach and repeat it to us. I've also played with guys who would get you fired up and made sure they intimidated the offense. All of them were good players, all of them were leaders, but only the latter led us to want to give our full effort on every snap. Which one do you think Lofton was?

I thought yall boys said he was not going to be a 3 down backer for Spags? Wrong again. Played every down. And LMAO at all the jilted fans saying he was terrible in coverage tonight. Saw one pass completed on him and the RB got no YAC. Also saw him get a PD on Heap. Had a couple tackles and a TFL. Yep we got Dimitroffed on that deal. Oh and Dent better be able to play the run as good or better than Lofton cause the Aints look like they will be an even better running team this year. We all know the Panties will be.

LOL Thats how you hype up the first pre-season game right there. You saw him tackle a RB that caught the ball right in front of him and you saw the arizona QB throw the ball right at him after staring it down.. He's excelling in pass coverage vs the saints. We had it all wrong!

Show me evidence of Matt Ryan leading.

It's been said by many people in our organization starting from the GM down to the players. Unless you're calling them liars, stop arguing it.

It's been said by many people in our organization starting from the GM down to the players. Unless you're calling them liars, stop arguing it.

There are plenty of videos on NFL.com show Matt Ryan is a leader don't bring him in this conversation we are talking about defense

Falconjerome likes this

The Falcons driving in overtime after getting the ball back. A timeout is called and the camera peers over to the Falcons sidelines. The head coach looks as though he’s about to say something and tell the offense a few words of wisdom, but he can’t because someone else is in his way. That would be quarterback Matt Ryan yelling at his offense and firing them up for the game winning drive. Coach Smith simply waited. After all the talk about not having a strong enough arm, throwing too many picks, regressing, or not being the real deal, pretty much all questions should cease regarding this franchise quarterback. He didn’t throw for 400 yards or 5 touchdowns, but he led drive after drive to answer the Saints counterpunch for punch in the great game. He converted many huge third and longs and many 4th enormous third downs as well. He’s still missing Harry Douglas on some long balls, but if he does make that connection than really watch out. Ryan took a major step against the Saints in New Orleans.
Falconjerome and wordtobigbird like this

And none of you have ever seen Lofton get in a player's face or rally on the sideline? I know I have.

I brought up Matt Ryan because if not for those videos from NFL.com, you'd have precisely what you have for Lofton, hearsay about his leadership.

And none of you have ever seen Lofton get in a player's face or rally on the sideline? I know I have.

I brought up Matt Ryan because if not for those videos from NFL.com, you'd have precisely what you have for Lofton, hearsay about his leadership.

Just sayin man. Its not even worth an argument. Its just an opinion.

What a great video to watch again..and peoeple dont believe in these players.

Someone in Ryan's face every second.

Is that our team getting fired up before a game in your sig? I wonder who's firing them up. That guy with the dreads must be Lofton because he looks like he's the leader. Wait Lofton doesn't have dreads and why is he wearing the number 53....

Not really. It should be noticeable every single game from the leader of the defense, especially if you want to deem someone a good or a great leader. Its an intangible thing to try and measure to begin with but if he did it so often it wouldn't be argued.

Is that our team getting fired up before a game in your sig? I wonder who's firing them up. That guy with the dreads must be Lofton because he looks like he's the leader. Wait Lofton doesn't have dreads and why is he wearing the number 53....

Lol..