Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creative

Lofton W/ The Saints

232 posts in this topic

I've said on the ESPN boards:

Saints fans view of Lofton when he was a Falcon: "That guy can only tackle and isn't that good"

Saints fans view of Lofton as a Saint: "He's the real deal! He'll be the vocal leader and easily replace Vilma! Excellent pick up, top 5 MLB in the League!"

Now sides are flip flopping. Either way, this Lofton talk gets old. He's no longer with us, forget him and quit talking about him.

Lofton is an old school MLB. he would have been great in the 80's 90's with smash mouth ball; but now in a passing league he is a liability. I don't wish him any ill will but I doubt he is going to be a factor. he is a run stuffer. thats all. when he has to cover HD, or run down the middle with TG, or try to chase down JJ on an end around you can forget about it. Dude will be a joke.

What was Lofton leading since he was so much of a leader?

Well if you look at our top four backers over the last couple years he led in several categories like games, tackles, INTs, PDs and FFs. His composite PFF coverage numbers are probably better too:

2010-2011

CLofton - 32 games, 276 tackles, 3.0 sacks, 3 hits, 15 hurries, 3 INTs, 10 PDs, 4 FFs, 1 FR, 1 TD

WSpoon - 27 games, 167 tackles, 5.0 sacks, 2 hits, 21 hurries, 0 INTs, 9 PDs, 0 FFs, 1 FR, 0 TDs

Nicholas - 32 games, 104 tackles, 0.0 sacks, 6 hits, 13 hurries, 1 INT, 3 PDs, 2 FFs, 1 FR, 0 TDs

Peterson - 32 games, 91 tackles, 1.0 sacks, 0 hits, 2 hurries, 3 INTs, 7 PDs, 2 FFs, 2 FRs, 0 TDs

He looked better agains the Cards-O but when he goes up against an actual offense he's going to revert back to the 3rd down punching bag he always was. Fat Curtis is fat.

Anyone would look good against the Cards. They need major work... I'm looking forward to Nov 18th.... :)