Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creative

Lofton W/ The Saints

232 posts in this topic

I figured Lofton would just kind of disappear to me now that he's gone, but I'm having a hard time (already) seeing him in the Saints uni. Not that I was his biggest fan or anything.. but am I the only one? He just doesn't look right.

I figured Lofton would just kind of disappear to me now that he's gone, but I'm having a hard time (already) seeing him in the Saints uni. Not that I was his biggest fan or anything.. but am I the only one? He just doesn't look right.

He is the enemy, screw him

He looks perfect, like a pieceofshit. Pass D still sucks. Run D still good. But he's a sell out.

100% agree. I was tired of watching him not cover people in the middle, now I get to enjoy the very same thing this year. Problem solved.

He looked better agains the Cards-O but when he goes up against an actual offense he's going to revert back to the 3rd down punching bag he always was. Fat Curtis is fat.

100% agree. I was tired of watching him not cover people in the middle, now I get to enjoy the very same thing this year. Problem solved.

Its funny something as simply stated hold so much weight.

He looks perfect, like a pieceofshit. Pass D still sucks. Run D still good. But he's a sell out.

I sorta quit actually paying attention after about the 1st quarter. I saw Lofton make the one stop in the backfield for a loss. I dont know what he did after that. I liked what the punds said. They were talking about Vilma and questioning Loftons ability to take over Vilmas job. Can he be vocal and lead that defense? I really like Lofton and even though he went to THEM I cant hate him. I still dont see him being like Vilma was.

Guvmintcheeze and oztin like this

Lofton does not seem to have that much athleticism at all and even though he can get to the runner on running plays, he looked very slow while in coverage and reacting while the ball is in the air. The only reason why he broke up the pass on one play was because the qb for Arizona threw the ball very late and he was already close to the receiver.

Skelton needed a pass and looked right in Lofton's direction on that one play where he threw to the RB.

I rewatched a few of our games from last year and it seems like everytime Qbs needed a 1st down their first read would be in Lofton's direction. People complain about Dunta but our biggest problem has always been allowing completions over the middle of the field. Qbs pick on our lbs and nickle cbs and now that we've replaced Lofton with Asante, they won't be able to do that anymore.

falconsrus and Da D!rty D!rty like this

Honest truth? I was starting to get annoyed by him. He fits the Cheats just fine and even if Dent doesn't pan out...I won't miss him. He was my fave pick in '08 but he never did what he did in college. Picks with run backs, serious FF's, superior coverage. Was a good pick, but a lot like AJ Hawk without the versatility.

Honest truth? I was starting to get annoyed by him. He fits the Cheats just fine and even if Dent doesn't pan out...I won't miss him. He was my fave pick in '08 but he never did what he did in college. Picks with run backs, serious FF's, superior coverage. Was a good pick, but a lot like AJ Hawk without the versatility.

Thank you. He became purely a quiet run stopper. Not what we drafted him for. He was not a leader nor a game changer.

I just wanna see if he can quarterback the defense like Vilma. I couldn't stand Vilma but I always respected his ability to call plays on the field. if they expect that from Lofton ... good luck

I just wanna see if he can quarterback the defense like Vilma. I couldn't stand Vilma but I always respected his ability to call plays on the field. if they expect that from Lofton ... good luck

Lofton isn't a leader, he's an undersized DT. Its all we needed at the time but now its time for something more.

Lofton isn't a leader, he's an undersized DT. Its all we needed at the time but now its time for something more.

I fully agree

He is nothing but a undersized run stopping DT and he also lacks the ability to successfully rush the qb.

Thank you! I can't tell you how many times I said this off this board because I knew people would blow up. That's why it was so hard to run up the middle on us. He was hard to move at 6' 250. Not many LBs are that big.

Knight of God likes this

Thank you! I can't tell you how many times I said this off this board because I knew people would blow up. That's why it was so hard to run up the middle on us. He was hard to move at 6' 250. Not many LBs are that big.

Well as you know, I have no fear and I'm not a homer. I didn't complain because in BBDB he was what you need. Stop the run, but don't let him get a big play on you.

I thought yall boys said he was not going to be a 3 down backer for Spags? Wrong again. Played every down. And LMAO at all the jilted fans saying he was terrible in coverage tonight. Saw one pass completed on him and the RB got no YAC. Also saw him get a PD on Heap. Had a couple tackles and a TFL. Yep we got Dimitroffed on that deal. Oh and Dent better be able to play the run as good or better than Lofton cause the Aints look like they will be an even better running team this year. We all know the Panties will be.

I thought yall boys said he was not going to be a 3 down backer for Spags? Wrong again. Played every down. And LMAO at all the jilted fans saying he was terrible in coverage tonight. Saw one pass completed on him and the RB got no YAC. Also saw him get a PD on Heap. Had a couple tackles and a TFL. Yep we got Dimitroffed on that deal. Oh and Dent better be able to play the run as good or better than Lofton cause the Aints look like they will be an even better running team this year. We all know the Panties will be.

TBH old friend, I seriously don't think we'll miss him.