I Would Trade Matt Ryan Straight Up For Jake Locker.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was happy with you post until i got to the second paragraph. Just wait til we win the Superbowl with Matt. I don't want to see any of you haters claim him then.

Just joking man... trying to over-exaggerate how mindless these types of posts are! I feel very comfortable rolling with who we got at QB :)

You missed the point chief ..

Jake Locker has unproven talent . People in this thread are saying they wouldn't trade a proven QB for a unproven Player ..

I just used Julio as a example ..

You don't know Jake Locker upside just we don't know Julio upside yet

I'm willing to bet 90% of Falcon fans wouldnt trade Julio for Fitzgerald

why cause Julio is younger /cheaper contract and has potential to be better then Fitzgerald

why can't Jake Locker have potential to be better then Matt Ryan ?

it's not like Matt Ryan is a top 5 QB ?

It's not like he won't be either.

True I don't know Locker's potential, but basing off his college production and what he's done so far, I would still keep Matt over Locker.

You act like Ryan has reached his potential but he is only improving every year.

Besides Julio almost had 1,000 as a rookie and that gives us a good gauge of how high his potential is.

Meanwhile, Locker only had 66 attempts throwing. That isn't a good gauge, Ryan had a far superior rookie season.

Does anyone else here see the potential in Jake locker? I'm predicting a Aaron Rodgers type career for this guy in the next couple years.

At this point I feel Ryan has peaked and is a slightly better version of Alex smith when it comes to managing games and you could argue that Smith is better.

Id trade Ryan straight up before Lockers value is seen by the rest of the league. Now Tenn would probably turn this trade down and figure they already have their own Matt Ryan on the roster in matt hasselbeck.

Just my dream scenario and open for debate I know its not happening bug this is how I feel about Matty ice. I feel this is the year that a lot of qbs start to knock Ryan down the line of QB rankings.

We got a bus driver at the wheel of a Lamborghini offense

triplefacepalm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well see. I hope Ryan performs though

Is it the optimism of the new season in front of you that has turned you from the dark arts of trolldom to hopeful fan? Not trying to be an a55 but your posts have turned from being 150% negative recently.

Edited by Magic Man

Jake Locker has a much higher ceiling than Matt Ryan because of his sheer athleticism. I also do think Ryan is at or very near his peak. However, knowing all that, I would be uneasy with the trade. Matt Ryan is a sure fire QB, who while not great has proven to be good.

Jake Locker has not proven to be good yet and is too unpolished at QB right now.. Even if such a opportunity existed, why take such a huge risk? Now if it was Matt Ryan for RG3, then I would feel more comfortable about that.

Jake Locker has a much higher ceiling than Matt Ryan because of his sheer athleticism. I also do think Ryan is at or very near his peak. However, knowing all that, I would be uneasy with the trade. Matt Ryan is a sure fire QB, who while not great has proven to be good.

Jake Locker has not proven to be good yet and is too unpolished at QB right now.. Even if such a opportunity existed, why take such a huge risk? Now if it was Matt Ryan for RG3, then I would feel more comfortable about that.

People overvalue "atheticism" imo. If it was all about that, Vick would be the best QB ever, not even close. A QB is much more than that, and that is where MR excels.

People overvalue "atheticism" imo. If it was all about that, Vick would be the best QB ever, not even close. A QB is much more than that, and that is where MR excels.

that's why people use potential and high ceiling when talking about pure athletics...great point would be JPP...he honestly could've turned out to be Jamaal Anderson

Wow i need 8 pages of my life back.

although, Gritz was a nice highlight.

Had to go all the way back to the 1st page to see what you were talking about.....That wasn't a bad one at all. :)