The One Move Made By The Front Office That Will Help Our Off . Line The Most

heres one reason for my thinking.....we we had the run and shoot we couldn't stop a power run game to save our lives because we never practiced against it ........it was common knowledge around the NFL and was discussed numerous times.........I was around to hear it and I remember most things I hear .........if you don't like my post feel free to ignore me but I've been a Falcons fan as long as theres BEEN a Falcons team

sam

Thats all i needed to see. I have no problem with your opinion, but the way you came about saying iit and kind of descrediting other peoples opinion and already deeming yours THE ONE MOVE that will make our O line better. When there is no way to even know that for certain.

I agree that that will have an impact, but for all you and I know the addition of Pat Hill could be a more significant move. Maybe he gets Baker to a pro bowl level. Maybe Holmes comes in and dominates. Maybe Konz comes in and is a pro bowl G or C.

heres one reason for my thinking.....we we had the run and shoot we couldn't stop a power run game to save our lives because we never practiced against it ........it was common knowledge around the NFL and was discussed numerous times.........I was around to hear it and I remember most things I hear .........if you don't like my post feel free to ignore me but I've been a Falcons fan as long as theres BEEN a Falcons team

sam

Lol sam...he has no clue who Cannonball Butler was...I was thinking also the three step drop but Dimiobsession gets the prize!!

Thats all i needed to see. I have no problem with your opinion, but the way you came about saying iit and kind of descrediting other peoples opinion and already deeming yours THE ONE MOVE that will make our O line better. When there is no way to even know that for certain.

I agree that that will have an impact, but for all you and I know the addition of Pat Hill could be a more significant move. Maybe he gets Baker to a pro bowl level. Maybe Holmes comes in and dominates. Maybe Konz comes in and is a pro bowl G or C.

all those will help ........but I still say that practicing against a pressure Def that brings rushers from EVERY angle will help more than anything..I do expect that some of the linemen that have looked like chit will be coached up ( if not they won't be here long )heres a bonus remember how much trouble our off line had in the Egirls game with their wider set def ends......thats the same def that used to give Vick trouble also and I'm sure its helping him by going against it in training camp

sam

Never took CBG personally.

Lol sam...he has no clue who Cannonball Butler was...I was thinking also the three step drop but Dimiobsession gets the prize!!

I guess I don't post enough anymore for most to know who I am and he took me the wrong way .........but its all good and its good to see you too my friend

sam

For me, I'll buy it and bring my own fava beans if the line is really going to hold.

I 'll cook it for you and get you your drink of choice

lmao

sam

all those will help ........but I still say that practicing against a pressure Def that brings rushers from EVERY angle will help more than anything..I do expect that some of the linemen that have looked like chit will be coached up ( if not they won't be here long )heres a bonus remember how much trouble our off line had in the Egirls game with their wider set def ends......thats the same def that used to give Vick trouble also and I'm sure its helping him by going against it in training camp

sam

Could be. Could be a number of things. Could be a combination of all things. Maybe Koetter turns this offense into the top in the league and we always play from ahead so teams can't pin their ears back and rush the passer. Not that we played from behind often, but if Koetters offense is what we think than that as well could have a HUGE impact. Not just by PPG stats, but by scoring quickly with the deepr routes we are supposedly going to run.

I guess I don't post enough anymore for most to know who I am and he took me the wrong way .........but its all good and its good to see you too my friend

sam

I 'll cook it for you and get you your drink of choice

lmao

sam

Same here Sam..just lucked up and saw your thread.....nice to see ya again...Flashbacks!!

I agree that practicing against a Nolan coached defense will help a lot but don't underestimate Pat Hill. He's a different style and has different focuses. I think you'll see a technically more sound line than we've had in previous years and for the young guys, that's key. If he can get Reynolds to play lower and break the right tackle mentality then Reynolds could very well be the answer...

you finally showed up and yes you ARE correct thats gonna make a huge difference because the off line will be seeing more looks from different angles unlike the hokey cr** the def has been doing the last few years...I'm looking for good improvement........I'm not saying GREAT OR MAJOR but good improvement and a extra second and a half will allow Ryan to show us what he really has........I'm suprised this hasn't been discussed before on here

sam

actually it was one of the first things I brought up when we got Nolan. then again when we got Samuel.

Our front office made one move that will help our off .line more than any other and I asked this question in another thread but it seems that they rather B&M instead of thinking with logic

lets see who is smart enough to figure this out , come on message board GMs.......show how smart you really are

sam

Sam, where the heck have you been? Remember me? You've been on these boards a long time--as have I. I'm going on about 12 years or so now. I'm assuming your referring to bolstering the defense, huh?

He's been here longer than me and only posts when he has something interesting to say...

ha ha he's been on a long time. and yes, CBG has cool posts when he posts. I believe that he, like me, lost a crap load of post counts when we swapped boards a few years back. i was over 12k when they wiped me out:(

Sam, where the heck have you been? Remember me? You've been on these boards a long time--as have I. I'm going on about 12 years or so now. I'm assuming your referring to bolstering the defense, huh?

I've gotten old and had a few health problems but I'm back now till they put me in the ground and I'm to contrary to die untill I see a Falcons SuperBowl win and of course I remember you ........I'm just old not senile ..........lmao good to see ya MS

sam

ha ha he's been on a long time. and yes, CBG has cool posts when he posts. I believe that he, like me, lost a crap load of post counts when we swapped boards a few years back. i was over 12k when they wiped me out:(

I've lost posts 3 times now I think but numbers never bother me one way or the other.......I just always post my opinion good or bad .........as long as they don't ban me I'm gonna be here

sam