Cam Newton Drive?

As a Falcon fan I find it troubling for someone who was involved in a pay to play scheme and who was disciplined for theft and kicked out of the university of Florida to have a street in Georgia named after him. Espc. When he plays for the panties.

A public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday night on a controversial proposal to rename a street in south Fulton County for football hero Cam Newton.

While it might not be as bad as, say, Nick Fairley Boulevard, the proposal doesn’t sit well with some of the residents of the road. As critics have pointed out, even though Newton played high school ball at nearby Westlake High, he played college ball at Auburn and now plays for the Carolina Panthers, a division rival of the Falcons.

According to a story last week by the AJC’s Johnny Edwards:

Several longtime residents of south Fulton’s Scarborough Road are irked that the county wants to change their street name in honor of Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, who has family living there. At a public hearing last week, neighbors said it would cost them money to change their personal records, and that Newton, age 23, is too young to have a thoroughfare named for him. One woman invoked Newton’s theft arrest [when he was at Florida] and allegations that his father solicited money from a university recruiting his son.

South Fulton Commissioner Bill Edwards said personal attacks on Newton’s family aren’t warranted, that he’s a Westlake High alumnus who “beat the odds,” and if residents don’t want Cam Newton Drive, the name will stay the same.

The hearing will begin at 6 p.m. at the South Fulton Service Center, 5600 Stonewall Tell Road.

What’s your view: Change the street to Cam Newton Drive or retain Mr. Scarborough’s name?

Guest Negatorris

It is ridiculous. This will not happen and if it does, I will line the street with explosives and blow it to ****.

does know one else think this is ridiculous?

Don't blame the teams or anyone else man. Its Atlanta. They latch on to anyone who says they are from there...period. Its messed up, but ask me how surprised I am. Its not even Atlanta...its Ga. Noticed that when I first came here. I remember some rapper named Pastor Troy came out and Augustans swore he was from Augusta and he was claiming ATL. It was funny. Wanna know something else?

Deon Grant doesn't even have a street here in AUG.

You guys are some haters. Who cares if he get's a street named after him? It's not like their dedicating a shrine to him, as for the "disciplined for theft" part and the little bit about "pay to play", that's ridiculous.

He accepted into the play-to-pay scheme, yeah, but he was a teenager with a cash-struck father. As for the theft part, he bought a laptop without knowing it was stolen, don't give me that bs about stealing. He's no saint, but he's not a bad guy either, get that ish outta here.

Guest Negatorris

Reported to the authorities. That sounds like domestic terrorism.

So what would be better to use? C4 or TNT?

Guest Negatorris

You guys are some haters. Who cares if he get's a street named after him? It's not like their dedicating a shrine to him, as for the "disciplined for theft" part and the little bit about "pay to play", that's ridiculous.

He accepted into the play-to-pay scheme, yeah, but he was a teenager with a cash-struck father. As for the theft part, he bought a laptop without knowing it was stolen, don't give me that bs about stealing. He's no saint, but he's not a bad guy either, get that ish outta here.

You must not live in Atlanta.

Uh, no. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/college/cam-newton-lame-laptop-thief

Apperently everyone they interviewed on the 11 o'clock news from that community. They don't want it. One person specifically said....wait until he's done something. So chill out man.