Lofa Tatupu Suffered A Peck Injury Workout Out Yesterday

Agree with you now atljbo he is not going to make that now . A torn pec most likely a 4 to 6 month injury . So we basically just now wasted a 1.5 on Lofa instead of full contract

We should have just brought back Lofton for 5 mil per and treated him better cause he has been one of best defensive and most consistent players last 4 years . He was also our defensive leader

such a shame

his guarantees were just 600,000... You are trying hard...lol.....

But anyway... Dent this is your show now... Shine

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TD signs Lofa for 2.5 mil where we could have Curtis Lofton for 5 mil per . Letting Lofton ( one of our better defensive and most consistent players go over chump change can and most likely will come back and haunt us )

If it's a torn pec four to six months

not true at all. Lofton makes 30M over 5 years... or 6M/year. Tatupu makes 1.050 M this year and 1.30M next. how is 5M/year chump change?

not true at all. Lofton makes 30M over 5 years... or 6M/year. Tatupu makes 1.050 M this year and 1.30M next. how is 5M/year chump change?

Lofton contract is 5 years /27.5 ..

5 mil is chump change for a solid starting Leader MLB . When you consider TD is giving a back up DE Kroy Bierman 2.5 mil per

Patrick Willis a much better LB is making 8 +

Lofton contract is 5 years /27.5 ..

5 mil is chump change for a solid starting Leader MLB . When you consider TD is giving a back up DE Kroy Bierman 2.5 mil per

Patrick Willis a much better LB is making 8 +

Falcons also offered the 5 year/30 mil deal. Lofton turned it down to go to the Saints. Hate to say it, but Lofton chose to leave. Falcons could have easily kept him at a 1.8M cap hit this year and he would have made more money with the Falcons than with the Satans and kept his spot as a starting MLB.

wait can Atlanta cut a injured player in Lofa and not pay out his salary ?

the only thing they HAVE to pay him is the signing bonus. once that is paid and applied to the cap, nothing else hits the cap until the season starts. Once the first game is played, anyone who is on the 53-man roster, or any of the Reserve lists has their salary guaranteed for the rest of the season.

Falcons also offered the 5 year/30 mil deal. Lofton turned it down to go to the Saints. Hate to say it, but Lofton chose to leave. Falcons could have easily kept him at a 1.8M cap hit this year and he would have made more money with the Falcons than with the Satans and kept his spot as a starting MLB.

cause he was offended . TD the so called Genius ( and McKay doing dirty work on contracts since TD has no experience on them ) Lofton sees bums like Dunta Robinson get 57 million from our franchise . Lofton should get his fair market value

Let me ask you a question who has been a better player for us Dunta or Lofton ?

Everyone just about gets an injury so injury proned can be used for everyone I guess. Plus if you bring then in cheap some can pan out. The ones we brought in who have been injured have been good players.

There is a huge difference in getting an injury and injury prone. Michael Turner got an injury a few years ago, but Jerious Norwood was injury prone. See the difference? I mean our signing of players like Hayden, Tatupa, Hurtwell and drafting Peria Jerry. etc over the years. True they can be good players, but it seldom seems too work in our favor.

cause he was offended . TD the so called Genius ( and McKay doing dirty work on contracts since TD has no experience on them ) Lofton sees bums like Dunta Robinson get 57 million from our franchise . Lofton should get his fair market value

Dunta was a big need who we picked up in FA, Lofton is not a big need to this team.

Two down LB is what MIKE NOLAN labeled him. But of course you know about defense huh? You probably can't tell me the proper depth a LB suppose to get in a cover 2 defense or a cover 3.

Do you have a link where Mike Nolan labeled Lofton a 2 down LB ?

You probably don't so you talking out of your ***

Most likely scenario

We were kind of against the cap and TD and Nolan felt we can get similar type production

from Dent at a better bargain . That is why we also brought in Lofa to be a bargain/ value to bring similar type production

We need to penny pinch since we were up against the cap . Not cause Lofton is a two down LB

So he takes less money? come on man, even you have better logic than that.

Lofton has been. No question. But Lofton isn't a top 10 linebacker and isn't paid like one.

A CB makes more than a MLB. I mean you can't even compare the two. Lofton wasn't that good. Only in Atl people make him seem to be the next Ray Lewis. Like he was a playmaker. He was the leader of the defense. And that's the only thing he did great.

exactly. However Lofton was a very good linebacker. he's a 3 down linebacker. issue was he had his pride hurt and took less money for New Orleans.

There is a huge difference in getting an injury and injury prone. Michael Turner got an injury a few years ago, but Jerious Norwood was injury prone. See the difference? I mean our signing of players like Hayden, Tatupa, Hurtwell and drafting Peria Jerry. etc over the years. True they can be good players, but it seldom seems too work in our favor.

That's were your confused were they all actually injury proned?

He took 2.5 less million over term of contract .Maybe he felt the Falcons truly didn't want him back and the Saints really did and treated him like that on his visit I hate to say it but Lofton is goin to a better team that has won a Super Bowl . Maybe he took slightly less $ cause he felt the Saints had a better chance to win the ring .