5 Reasons To Attend Preseason Games

I kind of laughed at his one comment. I've often found myself being the only one in my section making noise on defense during the 4th qtr in preseason. It's definitely a lot more casual as people sort of flow in and out but I still get excited as I pull out my ticket when I get close to the Dome. Can't to see the new guys. Preseason, it's where mythical heroes are born....until the season actually starts.

There is a difference between preseason and the regular season. The difference with preseason is that the Dome is nearly empty at the beginning of the game. The difference with the regular season is that the Dome is nearly empty in the 3rd or 4th quarter if either team is getting blown out. Let's change that.

I understand people want to beat the crowd and not be stuck in traffic, but c'mon folks! You payed for football and there's still football to be played whether the Falcons are winning or losing! Don't rise up and leave the stadium, RISE UP and support the Falcons!

Everything cost the same at preseason games, parking, beer, food, souvenirs but you don't get the same game day experience. We should only have to pay 50-70% of normal cost during the 2 games you already paid full price to attend, that includes little to none of the starting lineup. If tickets, parking, etc were cheaper I think more people would attend.

My 5 reasons:

1. You have just been dumped by your girl and feeling lonely.

2. Your root canal procedure was postponed so you sought the second best option.

3. You heard from an "unnamed source" a guy who owes you money will be there.

4. You have missed paying outrageous prices for food and refreshments.

5. You just love paying full price for tickets and parking to watch an organized practice with another team.

I can tell you that were it up them, 90+ % of all veterans on every team would prefer to eliminate preseason games altogether. None had practice games in junior high, high school, or college and they're just not accustomed to this nor find it that essential. Because after all the off season workouts and after several weeks of training camp, with the possible exception of one or two players the coaches know by the first preseason game who will be their starters and who they are planning to keep.

Preseason is about one thing--money! The owners get four more games to charge you full price as a "thank you" for purchasing season tickets.

I could go for, at most, two preseason games.

I like going to Preseason games to watch people fight for jobs and I do like the more relaxed environment. I just wish we had a preseason game 3 here once in a while.

I wish we had more Sun/Mon games as opposed to Thurs nite.

My 5 reasons:

2. Your root canal procedure was postponed so you sought the second best option.

5. You just love paying full price for tickets and parking to watch an organized practice with another team.

I can tell you that were it up them, 90+ % of all veterans on every team would prefer to eliminate preseason games altogether. None had practice games in junior high, high school, or college and they're just not accustomed to this nor find it that essential. Because after all the off season workouts and after several weeks of training camp, with the possible exception of one or two players the coaches know by the first preseason game who will be their starters and who they are planning to keep.

Preseason is about one thing--money! The owners get four more games to charge you full price as a "thank you" for purchasing season tickets.

I have to disagree with that, every year in high school and college we played at least one preseason game or scrimmage against another school. Now nobody sold tickets to any of those games but they were legitimate learning tools compared to the standard camp video we were watching for days on end.

I have to disagree with that, every year in high school and college we played at least one preseason game or scrimmage against another school. Now nobody sold tickets to any of those games but they were legitimate learning tools compared to the standard camp video we were watching for days on end.

I have never heard of an preseason "game" high school or college. Please tell me the name of the college that had a preseason "game."

I'm all for "srimmages" as the Falcons have done in the past with Miami, Jacksonvile and New England.

My 5 reasons:

There are practice games in college and high school, 1st teams plays the 1nd team.

Personally I think that pre-season gives us a chance to see some of the backups fight for their spot, and learn more about the teams depth. I do agree that pre-season games should be substantially less in price though.

I have never heard of an preseason "game" high school or college. Please tell me the name of the college that had a preseason "game."

I'm all for "srimmages" as the Falcons have done in the past with Miami, Jacksonvile and New England.

our high school had to travel often to play a pre-season game, then we would host a scrimmage with one of 4 teams in our area on a rotational basis. but then again I graduated high school in 1989 so maybe things done changed