Greg Williams, "i Will Coach Again"

jb 3.0

My point is the league said one thing, then acted totally different when it met their agenda. Now, I understand the league and times are changing and I don't have a problem with that, also as a fan I'd like more football, but I'm also a realist just like you've pointed out the NFL by nature is a violent sport, so if the leagues whole point is to send a message and put an end to things that can lead to serious injury on the field, then why not have that same stance with teams like the Giants that make similar damaging remarks as Williams? That's all I'm saying, be consistent. I also understand this is a buisness, and a very lucrative one at that, so tell me how far would you go to protect the interest of said buisness if it looked like it could be put in jeopardy by tons of litigation?

Good discussion BTW

I would say screwing with the NFL is a goodway for a elected official not to get re-elected. The jobs each team creates and the business is brings into local businesses. Just like during the CBA lockout congress was about to bend over for the NFL to get back to business. Teams not playing has a major effect on the economy.

The NFL being such a public view company and big business. They are almost untouchable. But they are their own worst enemy. The PA vs the NFL vs old every lawyer looking to make a name for themself. Could be the their biggest problems.

I dont know if your a pro wrestling fan. But back in the 90`s it was the greatest time to be a wrestling fan when 2 companies competed. the WWE bought out the competition and the business while major big money has never been the same.

Id say the NFL trying to go global is the next goal and once they do, they will be untouchable. Especially with the US economy in the toilet with no signs of improvement. They are getting like China, you just dont screw with them and you turn the other cheek to what they do.

ex: when goodell retires would he try and run for Office in near the superdome? No fans have him blacklisted and he probably couldn't get a job bagging groceries in the state. But in just about any other state his rep with the NFL could probably allow him to jump straight into politics with no prob.

When Hines ward said the NFL doesnt care about the players. He is right. But then again no big business cares about the employees. Stockholders and investors care about money. Thats why they have commissioners and managers and all the fancy titled people. To handle that stuff. The NFL is a monster and if its not Goodell it will be someone else. Same story just a different titled book.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But i skipped the point. The NFL is bigger than Bountygate. To the point the NFL would lie to protect the Saints and cover up proof if they had more, just to keep the NFL from looking worse in it. Basically if it makes them look bad as a business, hide it.

ex: if the NFL knew 5 other teams practiced a bonus system and 5 different teams talked about targeting injured players for no money. They would sweep it under the rug so that info doesn't go public.

Saints are the perfect storm at the wrong place and being way cross the line in the sand. The NFL had to react because there was a whistle blower. Had someone not blew the whistle they may have handled it in house by just telling Benson to shut that crap down. But they had to save face and they decided to make a example as well.

When you get caught doing things in times of change. Usually you are the 1 who is made a example of for future cases. Had the Saints just took the hit on the chin, BG wouldn't be talked about half as much. The PA and their side of it is what keeps it in the news.

There is a old saying "you cant fight city hall". basically it means we dont matter and those with power control the rules.

Just like court. Those who can afford the high priced lawyers can buy justice. Laws are bought and paid for by crooked men. Anyone who knows about court these days knows its not about justice, its about $$$$$ and the NFL is the big dog with $$$$$.

Players like Vilma are a dime a dozen, but the NFL is here to stay. Long after Vilma is gone, fans wont care. But they will watch football every week.

Edited by danight

But i skipped the point. The NFL is bigger than Bountygate. To the point the NFL would lie to protect the Saints and cover up proof if they had more, just to keep the NFL from looking worse in it. Basically if it makes them look bad as a business, hide it.

ex: if the NFL knew 5 other teams practiced a bonus system and 5 different teams talked about targeting injured players for no money. They would sweep it under the rug so that info doesn't go public.

Saints are the perfect storm at the wrong place and being way cross the line in the sand. The NFL had to react because there was a whistle blower. Had someone not blew the whistle they may have handled it in house by just telling Benson to shut that crap down. But they had to save face and they decided to make a example as well.

When you get caught doing things in times of change. Usually you are the 1 who is made a example of for future cases. Had the Saints just took the hit on the chin, BG wouldn't be talked about half as much. The PA and their side of it is what keeps it in the news.

There is a old saying "you cant fight city hall". basically it means we dont matter and those with power control the rules.

Just like court. Those who can afford the high priced lawyers can buy justice. Laws are bought and paid for by crooked men. Anyone who knows about court these days knows its not about justice, its about $$$$$ and the NFL is the big dog with $$$$$.

Players like Vilma are a dime a dozen, but the NFL is here to stay. Long after Vilma is gone, fans wont care. But they will watch football every week.

The last paragraph you wrote makes my point and the point of most Saints fans. You have someone like Goodell who is in charge of a multi billion dollar buisness, he would go to any extreme to protect the interest of that buisness. With that being said, I don't feel like he's picking on the Saints or I don't think he singled them out, however, I do feel like he over played his hand with this whole situation. Some form of BG most definately happened we all can agree to that, but I think he elevated the level of the seriousness of it in light of all the player safety litigation the league is facing. Do we know the whole story? No, probably not. Will we ever? I doubt it, but I don't blame the players for trying to salvage there reputations because when they are thru with football or football is thru with them that will be the legacy they leave behind.

The last paragraph you wrote makes my point and the point of most Saints fans. You have someone like Goodell who is in charge of a multi billion dollar buisness, he would go to any extreme to protect the interest of that buisness. With that being said, I don't feel like he's picking on the Saints or I don't think he singled them out, however, I do feel like he over played his hand with this whole situation. Some form of BG most definately happened we all can agree to that, but I think he elevated the level of the seriousness of it in light of all the player safety litigation the league is facing. Do we know the whole story? No, probably not. Will we ever? I doubt it, but I don't blame the players for trying to salvage there reputations because when they are thru with football or football is thru with them that will be the legacy they leave behind.

Well said Meez, ya hit the nail on the head.

Now your almost sounding like me..... But your still missing 1 major key fact. While we can admit Goodell had the NFL priority's first. The Saints players will never tell the truth. They lied to cover it up before and then hid behind lawyers now.

As soon as BG started the PA had the players lawyer up and not cooperate at all. So we will never get the truth from them either. We cant even find out who said "pay me the money".

But before then some players had stuck their foot in their mouth in interviews. Like harpers saying point blank the players ran the bonus program. Not Williams. But now no player will admit anything.

So while Goodell has the NFL as his #1 concern, the players do the exact same thing with themselves.

Saints fans wanna paint Goodell the evil monster but wanna make Vilma and crew the warriors of truth. Thats just not right. They are both playing the game and playing it for their own reasons and truth is not one of them.

As much as you know this pains me..............I do agree with this ^.

Now your almost sounding like me..... But your still missing 1 major key fact. While we can admit Goodell had the NFL priority's first. The Saints players will never tell the truth. They lied to cover it up before and then hid behind lawyers now.

As soon as BG started the PA had the players lawyer up and not cooperate at all. So we will never get the truth from them either. We cant even find out who said "pay me the money".

But before then some players had stuck their foot in their mouth in interviews. Like harpers saying point blank the players ran the bonus program. Not Williams. But now no player will admit anything.

So while Goodell has the NFL as his #1 concern, the players do the exact same thing with themselves.

Saints fans wanna paint Goodell the evil monster but wanna make Vilma and crew the warriors of truth. Thats just not right. They are both playing the game and playing it for their own reasons and truth is not one of them.

This I disagree with. Vilma can be called a hero, villan, anti-hero, whatever but at the end of the day he's just a guy trying to protect his image just like Goodell is trying to protect the league's image, and what is wrong with that?

This I disagree with. Vilma can be called a hero, villan, anti-hero, whatever but at the end of the day he's just a guy trying to protect his image just like Goodell is trying to protect the league's image, and what is wrong with that?

Nothing as long as you call a spade .... a spade.

1 side can call Goodell all those things, but at the end of the day we dont know Vilma`s guilt or role in it. He wont set the record straight. He wont cooperate to get the record straight. He is like someone in court saying "no i didnt murder that guy". Even if he did. He is claiming innocent just to stay out of trouble.

Now if Vilma did absolute nothing and he knew the Saints did nothing. Then cry set the story straight and say "this is all BS and none of it ever happened". We know the Saints did stuff and what else they may have did is hidden behind lawyers. Thats not protecting your image, if you actually did do what your accused of.

If goodell said, "if you say you did it ill lift the suspension". Do you honestly think Vilma would argue that or would he except that offer? He would except it regardless of him image. He and the others were planning to be suspended and excepted that. They just didn't prepare for how long.

To protect his image he has to not have been involved. Clearly thats not the question here since he wont even help the NFL determine what actually was going on. I dont care if he said "im giving who ever takes favre out the game a $10,000.00 christmas gift wink.png and he never used the word bounty. If money changed hand or he knew about money changing hand or if he ever contributed to that he is guilty of something. He only cares because he got a year suspension.

Edited by danight

First off, BG did happen never said it didn't. Second, why do you care who answers questions about any topic. Lastly, I'd come out the stand to hurt you for free.......j/k..........or am I?

Don't really care about who answers questions but my point to him was.......so much detail in trying to get you to budge and I know it's useless. Lastly, coming out of the stands for free....

Joking or are you? Now look at what pot is calling the kettle black.

Don't really care about who answers questions but my point to him was.......so much detail in trying to get you to budge and I know it's useless. Lastly, coming out of the stands for free....

Joking or are you? Now look at what pot is calling the kettle black.

Calm down dude it was just a joke. To your other point, he's not budging either, he's stating his opinion and I'm stating mine.

JB, He will be back in some fashion next season bro.

Doubt it. Williams was the only one with an indefinite suspension for a reason. NFL says he organized and supervised the bounty system. Also say he lied about it repeatedly, which really pizzes off Goodell. IIRC, Williams can't even apply for re-admission into the league for a year.

Other thing to consider, is , if he did confess everything, he threw all his players under the bus. Condition of reinstatement was full disclosure, players may not want to play for him.

Can't see that he's worth the PR headache in the same way that say, a Vick was. Don't see why a team would hire him or why players would trust him.

Big difference! Vilma trying to protect a bad image, something he should have thought about back when the crap was floating. Goodell is getting paid for what he does in the best interest of the NFL. No comparison.

Doubt it. Williams was the only one with an indefinite suspension for a reason. NFL says he organized and supervised the bounty system. Also say he lied about it repeatedly, which really pizzes off Goodell. IIRC, Williams can't even apply for re-admission into the league for a year.

Other thing to consider, is , if he did confess everything, he threw all his players under the bus. Condition of reinstatement was full disclosure, players may not want to play for him.

Can't see that he's worth the PR headache in the same way that say, a Vick was. Don't see why a team would hire him or why players would trust him.

But players still played for pigtrino. They get payed good money and if a team needs a experience DC. He would get some calls. Players will play for who the coach is.

Nothing as long as you call a spade .... a spade.

1 side can call Goodell all those things, but at the end of the day we dont know Vilma`s guilt or role in it. He wont set the record straight. He wont cooperate to get the record straight. He is like someone in court saying "no i didnt murder that guy". Even if he did. He is claiming innocent just to stay out of trouble.

Now if Vilma did absolute nothing and he knew the Saints did nothing. Then cry set the story straight and say "this is all BS and none of it ever happened". We know the Saints did stuff and what else they may have did is hidden behind lawyers. Thats not protecting your image, if you actually did do what your accused of.

If goodell said, "if you say you did it ill lift the suspension". Do you honestly think Vilma would argue that or would he except that offer? He would except it regardless of him image. He and the others were planning to be suspended and excepted that. They just didn't prepare for how long.

To protect his image he has to not have been involved. Clearly thats not the question here since he wont even help the NFL determine what actually was going on. I dont care if he said "im giving who ever takes favre out the game a $10,000.00 christmas gift wink.png and he never used the word bounty. If money changed hand or he knew about money changing hand or if he ever contributed to that he is guilty of something. He only cares because he got a year suspension.

First, you easily assume Goodell is being all the way truthful while the players are hiding facts, when it could be both sides are hiding something. The point is we don't know, so I'm saying going off what we know and have been shown I can't see anything wrong with the players trying to fight this. before you think I just care if Vilma comes back or not, let me say even if Vilma is cut tomorrow, I still would want him to fight for his name.

Big difference! Vilma trying to protect a bad image, something he should have thought about back when the crap was floating. Goodell is getting paid for what he does in the best interest of the NFL. No comparison.

The only image you know of Vilma is what you heard from Goodell nothing more nothing less. You don't know him and I don't either, so yes he feels he should protect his image and that's his right and nothing is wrong with that.

First, you easily assume Goodell is being all the way truthful while the players are hiding facts, when it could be both sides are hiding something. The point is we don't know, so I'm saying going off what we know and have been shown I can't see anything wrong with the players trying to fight this. before you think I just care if Vilma comes back or not, let me say even if Vilma is cut tomorrow, I still would want him to fight for his name.

Not to sound bad or mean. But reread what i posted before this. I clearly said if you call a spade a spade. Meaning If you have two cards with Saints symbols on the table in front of you. Call them that. If you see a pot and a kettle and they are both black, call them that.

Understand, i said how i felt about the NFL, but im also saying the players are no different. You are trying to change what i said to say i only support 1 side.

I clearly layed (i think it was clear, it was long i know that) that the NFL has reasons to handle things the way they did and it is not what everyone thinks. Its agenda motivated.

Now im clearly saying the same exact thing about the players. Goodell targeted the leaders. Vilma was the D leader and its hard to think Loomis, payton, and Vitt all fell on the Williams blade if nothing was going on.

If 1 man clearly knew something was going on it was a guy who led the D and was under both Williams and Vitt. All coaches involved are involved directly with the D leader Vilma. It makes no sense what so ever to think Payton took a 6 million dollar pay hit, for false made up accusations. Something clearly was going on and it was lied about. You can bet Vilma is right there in the thick of that.

Keep in mind a player on radio before they lawyered up, said the players where handling and running the bonus system as a form of motivation.

Vilma might have you snowed balled into thinking he is fighting for his rep and pride. But whats already been done regardless if he admits guilt or not shows he was involved in breaking NFL rules. Thats guilt and he wont even fess up to that. How much money was paid and to who? Where did that money come from? He wont answer that because he is scared to incriminate more team mates. I dont blame him, no one likes a snitch. But not snitching doesn't make you innocent.

I speed almost every time i drive. I have a clean driving record. because a cop has never got me for speeding does not mean i dont speed. It just means i never got caught. If i get caught im sure not gonna say my wife speeds every time she drives to. I will also probably say "i wasnt going that fast" and i will probably go to court and argue the cop is wrong and look for a way out.

Get my point now. Last off season Vilma, Willaims, Payton, Vitt, Loomus and every single player involved where innocent in the publics eye`s. They waited for the NFL to actually bust them, even after they denied anything was going on when asked and was told to stop if there was.

Thats whats really stupid. paint Goodell evil. He warned the Saints. He told them someone had snitched. He asked and they denied. He then told everyone he could to not do it if they where. They cont. and total ignored him. Vilma was ready to except a suspension. Was ready to take it and so was the other leaders. Until they saw how long it was. Then they turned to babies and started to cry and hide.

If no one did anything why did Goodell even ask? Why did he warn them to stop? Why is Loomis even involved? last year every single saints fan would say the world is just upset they won a superbowl. They would say the Saints did nothing wrong and broke no rules. Look how much even saints fans think of them being total innocent. They dont. But before they where busted, all of them without question did think so.

This isnt about Goodell being evil. Yes everyone knows Goodell has hidden agenda`s. He had them when he secretly asked the Saints about bg, he had a agenda when he warned them to stop. Vilma isnt innocent and his rep is damaged because of that. They got caught. Vilma's fighting with a agenda as well and its not because his rep is damaged for no reason.

Edited by danight

Not to sound bad or mean. But reread what i posted before this. I clearly said if you call a spade a spade. Meaning If you have two cards with Saints symbols on the table in front of you. Call them that. If you see a pot and a kettle and they are both black, call them that.

Understand, i said how i felt about the NFL, but im also saying the players are no different. You are trying to change what i said to say i only support 1 side.

I clearly layed (i think it was clear, it was long i know that) that the NFL has reasons to handle things the way they did and it is not what everyone thinks. Its agenda motivated.

Now im clearly saying the same exact thing about the players. Goodell targeted the leaders. Vilma was the D leader and its hard to think Loomis, payton, and Vitt all fell on the Williams blade if nothing was going on.

If 1 man clearly knew something was going on it was a guy who led the D and was under both Williams and Vitt. All coaches involved are involved directly with the D leader Vilma. It makes no sense what so ever to think Payton took a 6 million dollar pay hit, for false made up accusations. Something clearly was going on and it was lied about. You can bet Vilma is right there in the thick of that.

Keep in mind a player on radio before they lawyered up, said the players where handling and running the bonus system as a form of motivation.

Vilma might have you snowed balled into thinking he is fighting for his rep and pride. But whats already been done regardless if he admits guilt or not shows he was involved in breaking NFL rules. Thats guilt and he wont even fess up to that. How much money was paid and to who? Where did that money come from? He wont answer that because he is scared to incriminate more team mates. I dont blame him, no one likes a snitch. But not snitching doesn't make you innocent.

I speed almost every time i drive. I have a clean driving record. because a cop has never got me for speeding does not mean i dont speed. It just means i never got caught. If i get caught im sure not gonna say my wife speeds every time she drives to. I will also probably say "i wasnt going that fast" and i will probably go to court and argue the cop is wrong and look for a way out.

Get my point now. Last off season Vilma, Willaims, Payton, Vitt, Loomus and every single player involved where innocent in the publics eye`s. They waited for the NFL to actually bust them, even after they denied anything was going on when asked and was told to stop if there was.

Thats whats really stupid. paint Goodell evil. He warned the Saints. He told them someone had snitched. He asked and they denied. He then told everyone he could to not do it if they where. They cont. and total ignored him. Vilma was ready to except a suspension. Was ready to take it and so was the other leaders. Until they saw how long it was. Then they turned to babies and started to cry and hide.

If no one did anything why did Goodell even ask? Why did he warn them to stop? Why is Loomis even involved? last year every single saints fan would say the world is just upset they won a superbowl. They would say the Saints did nothing wrong and broke no rules. Look how much even saints fans think of them being total innocent. They dont. But before they where busted, all of them without question did think so.

This isnt about Goodell being evil. Yes everyone knows Goodell has hidden agenda`s. He had them when he secretly asked the Saints about bg, he had a agenda when he warned them to stop. Vilma isnt innocent and his rep is damaged because of that. They got caught. Vilma's fighting with a agenda as well and its not because his rep is damaged for no reason.

You are speculating the majority of this because you don't know. This is only what you believe to be true. I'm not re getting into all the particulars cause I really don't have the energy. Vilma doesn't have me fooled with anything, all I have said is he has the right to fight for his image regardless of what you feel he really did or didn't do. Just like Goodell has the right to do what he did. I'm making my assumptions on what I've seen not on what I'm guessing happened. You keep using "the Goodell is evil line", but you should reread my post when I said I don't believe he's targeting the Saints or it's any kind of conspracy. I don't know how many ways to say that. I'll even say again for the cheap seats GOODELL IS NOT EVIL, I just feel he handled the situation wrong point blank period. You may think the players are acting poorly and guess what that's your perogative, Vilma is not a hero nor a voice of the people, he's doing what he feels is best for him, and that's his perogative.

Edited by meezy0236