Hail Mary Twist

caver50

Everybody knows what the Hail Mary pass is (right) ofcourse you do. It go's something like this. A last second desperation pass to all the recievers with the defenders in the corner of the endzone. Defenders trying to batt the ball down and the recievers trying to jump high and come down with it. (right)

everyone has seen it done like this? Ok Same play, but the QB throws the ball to the oppisite corner, all recievers except one would remain with the defenders in order

to clog up that corner while one reciever sneaks out to the oppisite corner to recieve the ball. Ofcourse it's possible that setting an illeagal screen could be called. Has anybody seen it done like this. Perhaps it's nothing new, if it isn't, your not required to read thisrolleyes.gif

This is done semi-frequently, but the ball can't be thrown with huge arc, due to what Muskoka's mentioned. It usually involves throwing a flatter 40 yard pass to the opposite side and relying on the receiver to get the final 10 yards.

Yep, I knew the ball couldn't hang up there very long.

You see, the remaining recievers would have to block out the defenders without getting caught.

They'll get flagged, with all the officials either at the line or watching the end zone.

What about running the screen as Falcanuck suggests, but the QB leaks out for a cross-the-field lateral as the receiver draws all the players up the field towards him.

They'll get flagged, with all the officials either at the line or watching the end zone.

What about running the screen as Falcanuck suggests, but the QB leaks out for a cross-the-field lateral as the receiver draws all the players up the field towards him.

Love it, I believe these would be fan pleasers. Check this out, we could do this. While we're bored and have nothing better to do, we can design plays and have a panel of three to judge the best plays or just one judge. Ofcourse they must have a good knowledge of X's and O's and the best design wins nothingblink.png

Love it, I believe these would be fan pleasers. Check this out, we could do this. While we're bored and have nothing better to do, we can design plays and have a panel of three to judge the best plays or just one judge. Ofcourse they must have a good knowledge of X's and O's and the best design wins nothingblink.png

Too much effort! I'm lazy!

Seems to me that most of the trick plays that Atl. has run, turned out to be flops. I know some of them worked. How bout the onside kick that the Saints did against the Colts in the SB. Didn't see that one comming. Deception is the art of War and football.

i would line up 4 receivers on one side and 1 on the other. the receiver on the side alone comes in motion stopping in the back field, appearing to stay in as a blocker. on the snap the 4 lined up together run a combination of go's, flag, post, ect. routes taking 1/2 of the defense with them. after a 2 or 3 second delay, the WR that stayed in, leaks out to the opposite side from where the 4 WR's started from, catching a screen and having 30 to 40 yrds of open real estate to run.

Edited by falcon68

i would line up 4 receivers on one side and 1 on the other. the receiver on the side alone comes in motion stopping in the back field, appearing to stay in as a blocker. on the snap the 4 lined up together run a combination of go's, flag, post, ect. routes taking 1/2 of the defense with them. after a 2 or 3 second delay, the WR that stayed in, leaks out to the opposite side from where the 4 WR's started from, catching a screen and having 30 to 40 yrds of open real estate to run.

We might see that play this year. Thats what it's all about, getem going one way and we head the other. Seems like some teams work on those plays more than others. Bag of tricks, everybody needs some.

You're just trying to get into my flag football playbook to expose my secrets. I'm on to your tricks!!!

Every player doesn't run to the endzone on a Hail Mary. You can't effectively run a screen on a Hail Mary either. The most creative you can go is throw the pass underneath and try flicking the ball to trailing players as you get tackled

The only time I saw that work in an NFL game was when the Saints did it to the Jags.

Then Carney missed the extra point that would have tied it lol.

The whole idea is to refrain from the predictable. That got us in trouble on more than one occasion

last season. You know we won't always be ahead in the 4th quarter, so we need a couple of rabbits up our sleve. Man i love some the old trick plays, they can still work if performed correctly.