Mitt Romney Booed At Annual Naacp Convention

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this at all. Either don't let him speak, or if you do, show a little respect.

Black Americans have this thing called call and response. This means they usually expect to have some sort of vocal interaction between a speaker and themselves.

In other news, Obama wrapped up the black vote the day he BECAME DEMOCRAT.

Most likely.

I dont know this for sure but I heard he also received alot of applause during his speech. Again, just a rumor.

See "call and response" above

It's not exactly unprecedented. Previous Republican candidates have gone, been boo'd, refused to go back, and then been called racially insensitive for not going back.

If every time I come to your house I get yelled at, I'm probably going to quit going to your house.

Guest Deisel

I dont know this for sure but I heard he also received alot of applause during his speech. Again, just a rumor.

He did and his speech was good. He told them just because the govt creates a federal program, it doesn't mean its the right program. He also said the FAMILY has got to be the main target to re establish the black community into the working fabric once again. I will say, Mitt went there and did what he Should do. Be a president for ALL people.

He was booed on Obamacare and several other issues but did receive great applause on several others. Let's not forget he got booed at the Latino event as well.

Julian, stop pretending to be the expert on all things black. DAYUM! Call and response originated during slavery and still takes place in many black churches today. But we don't walk around thinking that it is proper to interrupt every single person that speaks.

He was booed on Obamacare and several other issues but did receive great applause on several others. Let's not forget he got booed at the Latino event as well.

Julian, stop pretending to be the expert on all things black. DAYUM! Call and response originated during slavery and still takes place in many black churches today. But we don't walk around thinking that it is proper to interrupt every single person that speaks.

True.

Hmm, coulda fooled me

It actually started in west-Africa before they were brought to America with poly-rhythms in drumming

The drums would repeat each other in a call and response manner starting around 2:20, and that forms the basis for almost all African,Black American, Berber, and even modern Arabic percussion.

It actually started in west-Africa before they were brought to America with poly-rhythms in drumming

The drums would repeat each other in a call and response manner starting around 2:20, and that forms the basis for almost all African,Black American, Berber, and even modern Arabic percussion.

This is true too.

Guest Deisel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172593/Mitt-Romney-deliberately-got-booed-NAACP-appeal-white-racists.html

MSNBC in typical fashion calls Romney a racist and his speech was insincere etc, etc. Then, former speaker of the HOUSE Nancy Pelosi chimes in as the IDIOT she turned out to be. What a bag of wind. Romney did whats right. Spoke to all americans. Great job Mr. Romney.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172593/Mitt-Romney-deliberately-got-booed-NAACP-appeal-white-racists.html

MSNBC in typical fashion calls Romney a racist and his speech was insincere etc, etc. Then, former speaker of the HOUSE Nancy Pelosi chimes in as the IDIOT she turned out to be. What a bag of wind. Romney did whats right. Spoke to all americans. Great job Mr. Romney.

Nancy Pelosi makes Biden look like Socrates