Hear Me Out

big_D

What I think happened to many Falcon fans is the fact that we played well enough all last season to get us into a playoff game. Then the playoff game came and a few players choked. We all were disappointed, some got very mad at individual players for laying an egg. The egg layers didn't do it on purpose. Did they have the jitters or freeze up? Who knows. It's behind us. We raked them over the coals enough already. Time to put faith in what good things are changing in camp. Decent draft picks, FA's and returning vets. Better days are just ahead. And you can say you heard it here first. laugh.png

Edited by big_D

What I think happened to many Falcon fans is the fact that we played well enough all last season to get us into a playoff game. Then the playoff game came and a few players choked. We all were disappointed, some got very mad at individual players for laying an egg. The egg layers didn't do it on purpose. Did they have the jitters or freeze up? Who knows. It's behind us. We raked them over the coals enough already. Time to put faith in what good things are changing in camp. Decent draft picks, FA's and returning vets. Better days are just ahead. And you can say you heard it here first. laugh.png

Now the team/players have to gel and learn new plays, new routes, new schemes and get experience with each other and new coaches etc. etc. So I would say better days are more like about 10 games to a year ahead. But sometimes things can accelerate like the 2008 season. We shall see, we shall see

Now the team/players have to gel and learn new plays, new routes, new schemes and get experience with each other and new coaches etc. etc. So I would say better days are more like about 10 games to a year ahead. But sometimes things can accelerate like the 2008 season. We shall see, we shall see

Since the new coaches are talented, I don't think they will lay out more new stuff than the players can grasp. Some will do better than others. I think they will look at each man as an individual and get the most out of him. Some more than others. We're on the right course for things to gel half way into tne new season if not sooner. IMO

I wanted to be wrong but some of us called it after the Packers game. that was the game we circled on the schedule cause they embarrassed us to the point it affected our draft and prompted a so-called change in philosophy. after playing a brilliant first half then coming right back with that conservative crap, I really couldn't hope for too much later in the season. I honestly feel that if we play aggressive on both sides of the ball, we can do a lot of damage this season and make a deep play-off run

What I think happened to many Falcon fans is the fact that we played well enough all last season to get us into a playoff game. Then the playoff game came and a few players choked. We all were disappointed, some got very mad at individual players for laying an egg. The egg layers didn't do it on purpose. Did they have the jitters or freeze up? Who knows. It's behind us. We raked them over the coals enough already. Time to put faith in what good things are changing in camp. Decent draft picks, FA's and returning vets. Better days are just ahead. And you can say you heard it here first.

Bingo!! now thats the right attitudebiggrin.png

Good post except for you left the biggest thing out. The coaches chocked. I'm so glad we finally got new coordinators.

We are going to be good and this really is going to be a great season. You've gotta believe.

If anything because what is the point at being so pessimistic thitime of year? Why would a Falcons fan be so bent on spreading around hate and negativity before pre season even starts?

That's what gets me about alot of these negative people, hey if we play like crap during the season complain away but NOW is not the time to be down on the team. We have made some significant coaching and roster moves, we have tried to address our weaknesses. Now we just have to wait to see if that work pays off. Right now no one knows but as a Falcon fan I choose to actually try and be positive about the team.