Ah Oh. Conclusive Evidence Found. Tree Ring Study Proves Climate Was Warmer, Earth Is Cooling.

Guest Deisel

Guest Deisel

http://www.dailymail...strial-age.html

Rings in fossilised pine trees have proven that the world was much warmer than previously thought - and the earth has been slowly COOLING for 2,000 years.

Measurements stretching back to 138BC prove that the Earth is slowly cooling due to changes in the distance between the Earth and the sun.

The finding may force scientists to rethink current theories of the impact of global warming.

It is the first time that researchers have been able to accurately measure trends in global temperature over the last two millennia.

Over that time, the world has been getting cooler - and previous estimates, used as the basis for current climate science, are wrong.

Their findings demonstrate that this trend involves a cooling of -0.3°C per millennium due to gradual changes to the position of the sun and an increase in the distance between the Earth and the sun.

‘This figure we calculated may not seem particularly significant,’ says Esper, ‘however, it is also not negligible when compared to global warming, which up to now has been less than 1°C.

'Our results suggest that the large-scale climate reconstruction shown by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) likely underestimate this long-term cooling trend over the past few millennia.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz20K62SADP

Edited by Deisel

I don't know what I like more, the comment section or the link to the article about the recent business with the Higgs boson. It's really inspiring to see how the internet can inform the public in such a clear and honest fashion.

Is the earth getting hotter?

Dipsnake is trying to tell us it's getting cooler.

Is Deisel's SUV causing these massive solar flairs which is and has been contributing to the Earth getting hotter? Most people (not sure where Deisel stands) acknowledge that the Earth has gotten a degree warmer since this hysteria began. The cause though is more likely natural: (solar flares, volcano's, forest fires,etc....More laws - more bureaucracy- More Money$$$$$$$$$$....It is all a big scheme for some rich companies to continue to make money off of the "Global Warming" tag and politicians to push agendas in order to keep their precious power.

My main point is, no one really knows why it is happening on either side. Its all supposition and theory, so blaming this rise in temperature on SUVs and cow farts is absurd. Taxing and regulating based on that absurdity should be criminal.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc5_1339573755

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=970_1296218419

I find it sad that this is considered news. Have people seriously never heard of the Medieval Warm Period or the Little Ice Age?

Ironically I watched a 2-hour show last night about the little ice age. Many things stand out, chief among them is how the French were too stubbornly stupid to plant the potato like the rest of Europe despite the pleadings of King Loius. Of course they ended up losing their cereal crops two or maybe three years in a row which lead to famine and the Revolution.

Makes one wonder if France would still have a monarchy if they'd only planted the potato, Hmm?

Were those massive solar flares there a in 2010 and 2005 when we were setting the all time heat records? Were they there in 2011, a top ten year for heat, even though we were at a solar minimum and there was a cooling La Niña?

Many things affect the climate, with the sun obviously being the biggest influence. Doesn't change the fact that adding more carbon dioxide (and other GHGs) to the atmosphere will cause the world to warm, and that man has been pumping billions of tons of the stuff into the atmosphere for over a hundred years.

And for anyone that actually wants to read, that study was for Britain. Britain only. Not the world.

It was for one tiny speck of the planet, using one tiny proxy. Nevermind that there have been many studies done for the entire planet, using many various proxies. No. We'll just accept one study from one tiny country using one proxy and say it somehow overthrows all of climate science. Brilliant.

And for anyone that actually wants to read, that study was for Britain. Britain only. Not the world.

It was for one tiny speck of the planet, using one tiny proxy. Nevermind that there have been many studies done for the entire planet, using many various proxies. No. We'll just accept one study from one tiny country using one proxy and say it somehow overthrows all of climate science. Brilliant.

Do you have a link to the study itself? I looked for it, but I kept going finding my way back to this article.

Guest Deisel

So the earth is getting warmer after all?

You probably would be better remaining silent, Bob.

Tinker, the world warmed after the mini ice age, abt 1 degree. If you look at a much longer picture you will see our world has been cooling since the extinction of the Dino's. We have a planet that doesn't stand still and certainly doesn't blink when cows fart or SUV productions high.

Tinker, the world warmed after the mini ice age, abt 1 degree. If you look at a much longer picture you will see our world has been cooling since the extinction of the Dino's. We have a planet that doesn't stand still and certainly doesn't blink when cows fart or SUV productions high.

It's been cooling due to the reduction of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. The CO2 content back then was much higher than it is today which allowed areas like the poles have have balmy forests. That is why some people are concerned over the massive use of fossil fuels since we are essentially re-releasing those gases from that time. I don't exactly expect what the doomsayers are predicting but I certainly think it has some impact upon the climate.