Man it is criminal how under used Harry Douglas is. This is just another example of how baffeling this offense is. We should be dragging folks from coast to coast with this O.

I was about to post the exact same thing. and what makes it even more baffling is that he gets separation every time he runs his routes. there have been times where I've seen him wide open, I just hope Koetter sees that in the film and does something with it

I was about to post the exact same thing. and what makes it even more baffling is that he gets separation every time he runs his routes. there have been times where I've seen him wide open, I just hope Koetter sees that in the film and does something with it

He will. Koetter uses more than 1 wide reciever at a time.

If youre seeing him running wide open i dont see how koetter improves on that. The responsibility lies with the qb in that instance.

If youre seeing him running wide open i dont see how koetter improves on that. The responsibility lies with the qb in that instance.

not if the play is a predetermined timing route. a good majority of the plays we ran the ball was thrown before the WR made his break or turned around, plus HD would have been the 4th read anyway. he should have plays drawn up where he is the first option too.

not if the play is a predetermined timing route.

There's timing routes, and that's where anticipation comes in. Ryan doesn't have to throw it if he doesn't think he'll be open. There's no such play that says Ryan HAS to throw it to a player.

Edited by Free Radical

There's is timing routes, and that's where anticipation comes in. Ryan doesn't have to throw it if he doesn't think he'll be open. There's no such play that says Ryan HAS to throw it to a player.

true he doesn't have to throw it, but why wouldn't you throw the ball when the receiver is expecting the ball? then when Ryan isn't able to make the throw our receivers rarely if ever scrambled to help Ryan so he would have to throw the ball away if he didn't have a check down. you all saw it so don't act like I'm making stuff up

I love the way Julio runs top speed all the way to the end zone. No strutting, no showboating....he will NEVER get caught from behind.

man if the DB doesn't get his hands on him at the line, JJ most likely is gone!! Ryan under-threw him quite a few times last season. if they get the timing down on the deep ball this season Turner could easily get 1000 yards on a lot less carries & it's gonna free up at least one other receiver to make some some big plays. then throw in a few screens when D-lines get a little too aggressive ... we got the potential to get nasty

Wow Ryan makes some great throws. The one to HD at 1:49 as he's getting rocked and the one right after that too, both great throws. We need to see more of HD this year. Roddy and Julio, what more can you say.....beasts.

With these three, and Turner, etc, all we need is a better O scheme and for Ryan and O-line to manage the game well. And if Koetter can call plays better than MM "I'm not a good playcaller", along with Ryan's no-huddle prowess for change of pace, then we're in for some exciting times!

true he doesn't have to throw it, but why wouldn't you throw the ball when the receiver is expecting the ball? then when Ryan isn't able to make the throw our receivers rarely if ever scrambled to help Ryan so he would have to throw the ball away if he didn't have a check down. you all saw it so don't act like I'm making stuff up

Because all WRs should go into a play expecting the ball can come to them. That's the point of going through progressions and making pre-snap reads. Ryan typically doesn't have time to sit and wait for WRs to run on busted plays. Regardless, about half of the "roll-out" people complained about over the years were actually Ryan doing what he's supposed to do in his situation. If the play breaks down, scramble towards the sideline, and the receivers need to work their way back to him. If that doesn't happen then he throws it away.

Because all WRs should go into a play expecting the ball can come to them. That's the point of going through progressions and making pre-snap reads. Ryan typically doesn't have time to sit and wait for WRs to run on busted plays. Regardless, about half of the "roll-out" people complained about over the years were actually Ryan doing what he's supposed to do in his situation. If the play breaks down, scramble towards the sideline, and the receivers need to work their way back to him. If that doesn't happen then he throws it away.

Yeah and there was a play also designed for Ryan to rollout and throw it. You know the one we did so much everyone knew it. The one Williams from the Packers picked off in the playoffs.

Yeah and there was a play also designed for Ryan to rollout and throw it. You know the one we did so much everyone knew it. The one Williams from the Packers picked off in the playoffs.

How many times have you seen a designed roll-out to the left. I can think of maybe 2-3, one of them won us the Ravens game in 2010.

How many times have you seen a designed roll-out to the left. I can think of maybe 2-3, one of them won us the Ravens game in 2010.

It's was the same play in talking about. Most right handed QBs can't roll to the left like that and throw it across their body accurately. I'm just saying when it was ran against the Packers they and I knew what play it was.

It's was the same play in talking about. Most right handed QBs can't roll to the left like that and throw it across their body accurately. I'm just saying when it was ran against the Packers they and I knew what play it was.

That does nothing to absolve ryan of blame at all. It was a bonehead noodle pass point blank.