Love To Draft This Guy Next Year...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would not draft this kid until the 4th at least. 6'8''? at a "skill" position where tacklers will be diving at his legs? im not investing a 1st-3rd round pick in those knees. also, looks huge, but very raw. many more polished TE prospects than this kid. and to be honest, i really dont want anymore Jim Mora Jr. coached players on the Falcons

would not draft this kid until the 4th at least. 6'8''? at a "skill" position where tacklers will be diving at his legs? im not investing a 1st-3rd round pick in those knees. also, looks huge, but very raw. many more polished TE prospects than this kid. and to be honest, i really dont want anymore Jim Mora Jr. coached players on the Falcons

I don't think the knees would be as big of an issue as you are making it out to be. He's a very legit prospect and one of the best receiving tight ends in next year's class. I have my reservations on him, but he's still a good prospect. I'd like to see more from him though.

Frankly it doesn't matter, the diving at his knees was a dumb arguement to begin with. Is there really much difference between where a 6'8" guys knees are and where a 6'3" guys knees are in relation to the ground ?

actually, it really isnt a dumb thing to be concerned with. the guy is 6'8'' and looks like a twig. itd be different if he was built like graham or gronk. and yeah, there is definantly a difference beween where a 6'8" guys knees are and where a 6'3" guys knees are in relation to the ground. explain to me how there there would not be?

and i would take Eifert, Lutzenkirchen, Pederson from Wisconsin, Stoneburner from Ohio, and Ertz before this kid. Plus, Seferian-Jenkins at Washington and Colt Lyerla from Oregon both have more talent as sophs

My top 5 TE's as it stands:

1 - Tyler Eifert | Senior

Height: 6’6 | Weight: 249

Projected Round: 1st | School: Notre Dame

2 - Zach Ertz* | Junior (RS)

Projected Round: 2nd | School: Stanford

3 - Levine Toilolo* | Junior (RS)

Height: 6’8 | Weight: 263

Projected Round: 2nd-3rd | School: Stanford

4 - Jake Stoneburner | Senior (RS)

Height: 6’5 | Weight: 245

Projected Round: 3rd-4th | School: Ohio State

5 - Joseph Fauria | Senior (RS)

Height: 6’8 | Weight: 252

Projected Round: 3rd-4th | School: UCLA

C.J.Fiedorowicz is the wild card at the moment, who could go anywhere from 1st to 3rd if he declares.

If he wasn't 6'8 would you still want to draft him? That's my thing. I wouldn't even look his way if he was only 6'5 6'6. He is very raw and sloppy at times. I'd rather go Eifert, Ertz or hope Friedo declares if I want something immediate.

Looks good I'd take a look if he was like a Gronk, Jimmy, Lewis or TE for Lions I went blank.

If he plays like Leonard Pope in the NFL I'd pass.

Leonard Pope was the first name that came to my mind. I really need to see more tape on this guy before I can give him a fair assessment, but I'm wondering if he's getting by based on his mismatches.

If our 4th WR steps up this year, drafting a tightend shouldnt be a priority. We need d

somebody to replace Turner, a DE, a safety, n LT.

Tony G needs a replacement unless one our young guys steps up. Holmes could be our LT, but if not I agree. Turner might could play 2-3 more season while slowing down. Quizz I think will step up, but I wouldnt mind adding someone. If none of our young DEs step up then yeah we need to add one. Safety only for depth which isn't looking bad now.

My top 5 TE's as it stands:

1 - Tyler Eifert | Senior

Projected Round: 1st | School: Notre Dame

2 - Zach Ertz* | Junior (RS)

Projected Round: 2nd | School: Stanford

3 - Levine Toilolo* | Junior (RS)

Height: 6’8 | Weight: 263

Projected Round: 2nd-3rd | School: Stanford

4 - Jake Stoneburner | Senior (RS)

Height: 6’5 | Weight: 245

Projected Round: 3rd-4th | School: Ohio State

5 - Joseph Fauria | Senior (RS)

Height: 6’8 | Weight: 252

Projected Round: 3rd-4th | School: UCLA

C.J.Fiedorowicz is the wild card at the moment, who could go anywhere from 1st to 3rd if he declares.

Yeah, I was really high on Fauria last year (check my draft and FA board posts), was curious if he'd declare. He could of been had for a mid round pick. I still like him, but my favorite going into 2012 is Toilolo. I'm looking for him to have a breakout season. He was buried in the depth chart at stanford, but I think he's overall a better athlete than Ertz, and could probably be had in the 2nd or 3rd, if he declares.

Edited by hjerry