Nba Birmingham

I hope not, Alabama is (or should be in theory) Atlanta pro sports territory. They can have a hockey team but they better stay away from the other big 3.

If they're ever comes a time where the NFL develops a D league I think Birmingham would be a great choice especially if each team is expected to oversee a developmental team it'd make sense for the Falcons.

I hope not, Alabama is (or should be in theory) Atlanta pro sports territory. They can have a hockey team but they better stay away from the other big 3.

If they're ever comes a time where the NFL develops a D league I think Birmingham would be a great choice especially if each team is expected to oversee a developmental team it'd make sense for the Falcons.

Yeah. Really hope one day the NFL does get a D league because Birmingham is a nature fit for the Falcons.

But a pro sports franchise of any kind could do wonders for the awful economy here.

As a Birmingham native, I take exception to the notion that the city is only fit to be some kind of sports doormat for the city of Atlanta. I can tell you this: Birmingham has a good core group of devoted, lifelong football fans that Atlanta cannot touch. Atlanta has too many transplants whose devotions lie with other teams. Granted, Birmingham doesn't have Atlanta's economic clout or its businesses, etc., and that would hurt any city even thinking of gaining a pro football franchise.

I don't think anybody necessarily meant to put down Birmingham. But all you need to do is read and/or hear what folks around the nation think and feel about Atlanta as a pro sports town, and there you have it. Heck, even Atlantans themselves get down on this town.

J

So should the Lakers tell the Clippers to **** off? Should the Jets tell the Giants to eat **** and die? Should the Knicks tell the Nets to get lost?

Your argument is invalid.

I wish they would do that instead of putting money into it in our colleges, and furloughing the crap out of professor days.