I Changed The Parameters Of My Weight Loss Bet

lostone

Now it's 252.8 to 215 by Jan 3rd.

Today was cheerios with 2% milk for breakfast, 5 teriyaki drummets with 2 prices of whiting fish and cabbage. For dinner I will have Cheerios and probably some more whiting. Debating if I should run 3 miles or do p90 lift 1-2 or 3-4 tonight.

Now it's 252.8 to 215 by Jan 3rd.

Today was cheerios with 2% milk for breakfast, 5 teriyaki drummets with 2 prices of whiting fish and cabbage. For dinner I will have Cheerios and probably some more whiting. Debating if I should run 3 miles or do p90 lift 1-2 or 3-4 tonight.

Drain all the water you can stand, cut sugar out of what you drink and it shouldn't be too hard.

Drain all the water you can stand, cut sugar out of what you drink and it shouldn't be too hard.

I don't drink sugar drinks... The worst I will have is diet lemonade. Going to work out late today. Just trying to avoid my sugar cravings...

IMHO, you'd be better off killing the Cheerios, and cut out all bread and sugar. Eat mostly plants. Eat some meat (preferably lean meat like chicken, steak or fish). Eat fruit. Don't drink any calories whatsoever (no juice, soft drinks, alcohol, etc.).

I'm not a fan of super low carb diets as a rule, but my opinion is that some carbs are better than others. So potatoes and sweet potatoes are fundamentally better than bread and sugar. Fruits are better than both. Vegetables are better than all of those. The reason being that you are more likely to have insulin spikes with the more refined carbs such as breads and sugars, and you get more calories from potatoes and fruit than vegetables. So for me, the preference is to eat lots of vegetables, some meat, a small amount of fruit, and occasionally potatoes or sweet potatoes. Above all, eat good, clean food, not garbage.

Replace your cheerios with oatmeal in the morning. Not only does it fill you up and give you carbs but also gives you good fiber and is a very heart healthy food...

takes me so **** long to cook oatmeal. 45 minutes... I add cinnamon and brown sugar.

Ran 3 miles(burned about 650 calories) and ate a protein bar this morning. Felt like **** all day. Had 5 drummets and 2 pieces of whiting with cabbage. Had 3 chick fil a filets(no bread) for dinner so I will do p90 sweat 1-2 to compensate for the 700 calorie intake. Even if I don't work out my calorie intake was probably about 1500 calories if that. So if I work out tonight I could be in the net 500 calorie range.

Edited by lostone

takes me so **** long to cook oatmeal. 45 minutes... I add cinnamon and brown sugar.

Ehh, that should not take that long. I buy 100% whole grain oats that are quick cook and it's less than 10 minutes to the bowl. I add cinnamon, imitation maple flavor, splenda and butter buds...

Ran 3 miles(burned about 650 calories) and ate a protein bar this morning. Felt like **** all day. Had 5 drummets and 2 pieces of whiting with cabbage. Had 3 chick fil a filets(no bread) for dinner so I will do p90 sweat 1-2 to compensate for the 700 calorie intake. Even if I don't work out my calorie intake was probably about 1500 calories if that. So if I work out tonight I could be in the net 500 calorie range.

The magic number is 400 calories per meal. Much easier than it may sound, combine that with a couple healthy snacks and your body is fueled to burn calories more efficiently. I've tried the diet that jdave suggested, but for me it is unrealistic, though he was correct on every point. Wheat (as we consume it today) is horrible for us, but I just cannot completely give up bread, pasta, etc. I would feel deprived and not live by it. Don't get me wrong I don't consume a pan of lasagna, but I don't beat myself up over a sandwich either. I'm more fit than at any point in my life, feel great and have a 34' waist size after getting up to a 46' at one point. Try Spring Mix salads. Far better than iceberg (which I've never liked) as a snack....dip your dressing, don't pour. Blueberries, pistachios, and water are my staples. The main rule was I cut out drive thrus of any kind. I have not been through one in years now, that simple rule would cut so much fat, salt, and sugar from the average American's diet that I doubt they would believe the final number. Anyway good luck, and congratulations on the good choice to change.

Also, I don't claim to eat as pure as Cap, but I have this each morning. Probably not as good for you as the more organic version, but very good in taste and health as well....and two minutes of "cook" time. Two packets each morning= 320 cal., 12 grams of fiber, and 14 grams of protein with only 2 grams of sugar (be aware, it does contain artificial sweetener, some people freak out about that)

13331289.jpg

Made some teriyaki chicken with fried brown rice. The total of what I prepared was ~4040 calories. I will try to even out the meals to about 10servings for 404 calories a serving.

Today had bacon and eggs for breakfast. Stew beef with greens and 6 drummets for lunch and honey nut cherios for dinner (a nice helping). About to do p90 lift 1-2. I am going to run tomorrow for 3-4 miles... I have got I get back to my old pace... It feels like I am dying out there in that monster heat.