Month Away From Football, What About Sid?

I wonder what he will be doing in Nolan's scheme. I'm not going to sit here and guess and stats but it is interesting to think about what he will be doing on the defense with his speed. Will he stand up at times, or just be a hand in the dirt type guy.

But I think we can all agree that the guy has a ton of speed and if Nolan can get him in the right situations then he could very well be our out of nowhere player.

Sid is going to beast this season, I think Sid and Kroy will thrive in this hybrid system.

Pretty cool, I was just talking about Sid the other day.

I work with some people that know his family here in the DC area, he went to highschool a few miles from where I work, one of the vendors I work with is best friends with Lawrence Sr, and they said he is stoked about the new system. He was actually with Sid and his family when he got the phonecall from the Falcons.

He said he had 3 other teams calling him saying they were going to pick him next, when we swooped in and picked him up. He couldn't stop raving about him. He switched his allegiance from the Ravens to the Falcons when we drafted him. He also said that Sid really thought he would be a 3-4 OLB in the pros from what teams told him, and was really happily surprised the Falcons picked him up as a DE.

Thats a cool story. I was jacked up when we grabbed him. Man, this new D is long overdue!! We have too much talent that never makes it on the field. Now we have Massaquoi too. With Matthews, Sid, Ray, Kroy etc... It's high time the falcons begin sacking the QB again!!! Release the hounds!!

I'd like to see Sid have a big sack total also, just equally interested in seeing how he can play the run(1st/2nd/3rd down).

Will Sid just be a situational pass rusher or well-rounded and stout against the run as well(Abe's replacement)?

I'm hoping for the latter, but, keep in mind, that happening, may force us to cut Abe, in order to give Sid a huge contract.

Edited by hjerry

Hope there are enough snaps to go around and see just what Sid and Massaquoi have to offer.

With all of the pass happy teams we play there should be plenty of plays for our pass rushers.

We need to see as much from the young "D" line players as possible(heavy rotation). Just would like to see someone step-up and show

that they are the future replacement for Abe. We need somebody to show starter quality...3dwn starter quality.

Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker

The sad thing about this is that we are looking at old college highlight tapes. He has very little

pro experience even after a lengthy time in the pros. He has a different body now. I would estimate

that he is 25 pounds heavier than in those college tapes. Some of it could be a rust coating.

I think the desire for them to see Massaquoi come in lighter could be from seeing Sidbury lose

some of his edge as he got bulked up. We have 3 guys in Sidbury, Mathews and Massaquoi who

are very similar. There is also Nzegwu who may turn out to be the best of the bunch once the pads

go on.

I honestly think that Sid should be on the field in all passing situations. Ray Edward should be replaced by either Sid or Bierman on 3rd downs and second and longs. Abe should be given rest as well and those reps should be given to Sid. With all of these reps he should have near 10 sacks. Bierman should have about 8 hopefully. I'm going to expect more coverage sacks this year so i'm thinking everyone will be productive.

The sad thing about this is that we are looking at old college highlight tapes. He has very little

pro experience even after a lengthy time in the pros. He has a different body now. I would estimate

that he is 25 pounds heavier than in those college tapes. Some of it could be a rust coating.

I think the desire for them to see Massaquoi come in lighter could be from seeing Sidbury lose

some of his edge as he got bulked up. We have 3 guys in Sidbury, Mathews and Massaquoi who

are very similar. There is also Nzegwu who may turn out to be the best of the bunch once the pads

go on.

No Sid hasn't put that much weight on if any. They asked Mass to loose weight because his sophomore year he was around 255 and got 13.5 sacks. He bulked up up to around 270 his junior year and got 6.5 sacks. They felt he lost some speed and burst with the weight gain.

The reason there is Sids college tape is, because he really hasn't played enough.

I liked Matthews before he got hurt and Nzegwu does look promising.

No Sid hasn't put that much weight on if any. They asked Mass to loose weight because his sophomore year he was around 255 and got 13.5 sacks. He bulked up up to around 270 his junior year and got 6.5 sacks. They felt he lost some speed and burst with the weight gain.

The reason there is Sids college tape is, because he really hasn't played enough.

I liked Matthews before he got hurt and Nzegwu does look promising.

I am calling bs on the numbers. Sids college weight is listed as 266 and his current

Falcons weight is listed at 261! When I am watching Sid in the Falcons uni it looks like

Algernon Crumpler's bohunkus he is wearing. His body is not nearly as athletic looking

as it was coming out of college. He was running the 40 in 4.47 to 4.51 and I don't believe

he is anywhere close to that now. I hope I am wrong. I suspect his college weight was closer

to 235 to 240.