Hate Crime. The Comments About This Story Are Pathetically Hilarious

First, I'm not endorsing any of the comments about this story. I was reading the comment section.....and I thought it was supposed to be Southerners who are backwards regarding race relations, some of these people's hate filled rhetoric (from the liberal bastion of Chicago no less) would make a Grand Wizard blush. I found this one exchange crazy, but hilarious in just it's hypocrisy and tunnel vision.

I think both these jerks are equally insane. If you read the story, you'll get why on the first guy, but just the irony of the seconds comments killed me. The people who committed this crime are complete scum, but hate crime legislation as a whole is asinine. I couldn't care less why some guys stopped and beat me, I only care that they beat me. All criminals of all colors should be prosecuted for their crimes harshly and equally. This pc political bs associated with handing out extra punishment based on who did what to whom is a joke.

birdfish

9:09 AM on July 9, 2012

THIS STORY IS VERY ODD AND STRANGE.

WERE THESE FOUR MEN THE ACTUAL ONES WHO DID THE CRIME?

IT IS HARD TO SAY.

IT COULD VERY WELL BE THAT THEY WERE PROFILED AND ARRESTED FOR SOMETHING THEY DIDN'T DO.

THE TRUE VIOLENT CRIMINALS COULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY AND WERE VERY POSSIBLY OF THE white COLOR!

fishbird

9:12 AM on July 9, 2012

SHUT YOUR FILTHY STINK HOLE WHITE JERRY FROM NAPERVILLE!!! YOUR HATE FILLED LIES AND TWISTED DEVIL TALK IS UNNEEDED HERE AMONGST HUMAN BEINGS!!!

TOO BAD YOU WERE NOT ONE OF THESE WHITE PEOPLE STANDING THERE WHEN THIS TROOP OF HOWLING GORILLAS LEAPT FROM THEIR RENTED LIMO AND POUNCED ON THESE POOR PEOPLE LIKE ANGRY APES!!!

The story itself

http://www.suntimes....le-beating.html

http://www.suntimes....TYPE=image/jpeg

Four men were charged early Monday in connection with a Wrigleyville beating early Sunday that left four injured – including a police officer.

Corry Simmons, 32, of the 1800 block of South Ridgeway Avenue, was charged with four felonies, including mob action and aggravated battery, police said. He was also charged with one misdemeanor count of resisting a peace officer.

Donald Robinson Jr., 31, also of the 1800 block of South Ridgeway Avenue, was charged with a total of three felony counts of mob action and aggravated battery, police said.

Edward Robinson, of the 1800 block of South Springfield Avenue, was charged with felony counts of mob action and aggravated battery, police said.

Alvin L. Goffin was charged with one felony count of mob action, police said.

All four are scheduled to appear in bond court later Monday.

Three men -- ages 22, 27 and 27 -- were hurt when a group of men attacked them in the 3400 block of North Sheffield Avenue at about 1:09 a.m. Sunday, according to police News Affairs Officer Daniel O’Brien.

Witnesses told police that the attackers got out of a white stretch limo and began battering people standing nearby on the street, O’Brien said. The witnesses said people left in the limo were filming the attackers as they punched the victims.

Police were called to the scene with reports of a stabbing, but only one man was hospitalized and no one was stabbed, O’Brien said. The man, 27, was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center with a broken jaw.

Four men were arrested when witnesses pointed them out to police near the scene of the attack, O’Brien said. One man got into a scuffle with police as he was taken into custody, and an officer suffered a minor injury to his knee.

Edited by silentbob1272

The most bigoted Americans I have ever met came from Pennsylvania and Ohio.

The most segregated parts of America are in the North and Indiana holds the record for largest Klan membership. Remember, the winners get to write the history and the sheep keep perpetuating the BS myths about the South.

The most segregated parts of America are in the North and Indiana holds the record for largest Klan membership. Remember, the winners get to write the history and the sheep keep perpetuating the BS myths about the South.

For real. When I met the person from Pennsylvania, he had just finished a road trip to the South. He shook my hand and told me that when he stopped at a Waffle House on the way down, all the people of one race stayed to one side and the other race on the other. I wont repeat what he said to me, but it was a very offensive way of saying "good job". I immediately felt sick that I could even be incorrectly associated with anything like that.

For real. When I met the person from Pennsylvania, he had just finished a road trip to the South. He shook my hand and told me that when he stopped at a Waffle House on the way down, all the people of one race stayed to one side and the other race on the other. I wont repeat what he said to me, but it was a very offensive way of saying "good job". I immediately felt sick that I could even be incorrectly associated with anything like that.

Must have been a very rural Waffle House, though some of the best race relations in the country are evidenced by some small southern towns.