Mets Vs. Braves

Falconsfan567

Gonna go ahead and get this game thread ready. I've done well the past 2 series. Let's keep it up.

Hudson, Hanson to open second half, then contingencies to follow

7:29 pm July 7, 2012, by Carroll Rogers

Philadelphia – Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said the Braves plan to start Tim Hudson and Tommy Hanson in the first two games out of the All-Star break against the Mets. Ben Sheets could make his first start as a Brave that Sunday, July 15 against the Mets, unless he needs another start in the minors. Gonzalez said they will leave that up to Sheets, based on how he feels after his second outing Monday for Double-A Mississippi.

If Sheets does pitch against the Mets, then it will be Jair Jurrjens on Tuesday, July 17 against the Giants, followed by either Mike Minor or Randall Delgado on Wednesday, July 18.

If Sheets can’t go, the Braves plan to pitch either Minor or Delgado on Sunday against the Mets and the other one against the Giants on Wednesday. Either way, Jurrjens is scheduled to pitch that Tuesday against the Giants because the Braves want to split up the rookie starters Minor and Delgado, rather than having them pitch back-to-back like they have been.

At least the Braves realize it's not a good idea to continue to have Delgado and Minor pitching back-to-back.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS Andrelton Simmons out 1 month

ATLANTA -- The Braves say rookie shortstop Andrelton Simmons will miss at least a month with a broken right little finger.

Simmons hurt his finger on a head-first slide in Sunday's game at Philadelphia.

The Braves say an examination with Dr. Gary Lourie on Monday confirmed the injury and Simmons will be placed on the 15-day disabled list.

Simmons' hand will be in a cast for four weeks. His status will be updated after the cast is removed.

The 22-year-old Simmons began the year in the minor leagues. Another rookie, Tyler Pastornicky, opened the season as the starting shortstop and may be recalled to replace Simmons.

Simmons was called up on June 1 and is hitting .294 in 33 games. He was named the NL rookie of the month for June.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

Said he has to wear the cast for 4 weeks so unfortunately it'll be a long time before Simmons is back by the time he rehabs and everything but on another note the Braves said they wont add anyone to the roster until the day of the next game

Like I said right off the bat when I heard about it. If we get Simmons back by the start of September we should be happy.

Dillon Gee is also in the hospital with a blood clot

Collins said the revised rotation probably now has Jonathon Niese starting Friday in Atlanta, followed by R.A. Dickey on Saturday and Chris Young on Sunday. There is the potential for Johan Santana to start Sunday instead, but Collins wants to see how Santana responds to Thursday's throwing session during a workout at Turner Field.

Chipper Jones said he might work in television or consult for the Braves once he retires following the 2012 season, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. However, he insists that he won't change his mind about retiring, no matter how well he plays from here on out. “To be honest, I don’t want the lifestyle anymore,” Jones said. “I don’t want the schedule, the major league schedule anymore. I’ve been living out of suitcases for 23 years.

Sounds like Chipper may not vanish for a few years afterall

Fredi admitted the Braves will wait till tomorrow to add Simmons replacement because they are looking around

DOB reports that the Braves have been serioulsy looking outside the organization for a SS but it is likely that Simmons replacement will come from within the organization for now. Fredi has already said that Jack Wilson gets the start Friday. Braves did sign infielder Terry Tiffee to a minor league contract and assigned him to AAA.

Edited by young mr. grace

BRAVES LINEUP

1. Michael Bourn - CF

2. Martin Prado - LF

3. Jason Heyward - RF

4. Chipper Jones - 3B

5. Freddie Freeman - 1B

6. Dan Uggla - 2B

7. David Ross - C

8. Jack Wilson - SS

9. Tim Hudson - P

I have no idea why Brian McCann isn't playing. Chris Young is starting for the Mets in place of Santana.