Our Ol Draft Picks

In Dimi's drafts, we have drafted 7 offensive linemen within 5 drafts.

In McKay's, we drafted 4 in 4 drafts.

So its great to see we are trying harder to work on the OL through the draft, but Dimitroff hasnt really struck gold yet that we have witnessed. Maybe some of the previously drafted guys continue to improve, and some of the new dudes coming in light it up...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Dimi's drafts, we have drafted 7 offensive linemen within 5 drafts.

In McKay's, we drafted 4 in 4 drafts.

So its great to see we are trying harder to work on the OL through the draft, but Dimitroff hasnt really struck gold yet that we have witnessed. Maybe some of the previously drafted guys continue to improve, and some of the new dudes coming in light it up...

Most of TDs drafts have been lower rounds meant for depth. You gotta have good depth. The others have been injured. RM didn't really draft and high rounds either.

Brother he's talking OL.

Yeah, I know, I was just saying that TD has trouble drafting on both sides of the line.

Name 1 that was drafted for more than depth or development besides Baker or jerry who hasn't stayed healthy.

Hawley to become the eventual starter. Johnson, Reynolds to position battle for RG.

That's not good either, seems like wasting pick with playmakers still on the board.

No it's not good, but we needed a LT and everyone at least gave Baker a 2nd round grade. Only reason we moved up to get him was, because everyone was reaching and he wouldn't have fell.

Injuries are hard to predict even if they have been injury prone. Sometimes you gotta take a chance. I know a lot of people claimed AP was injury prone.

Jerry was a need also and before he got hurt he looked like he was going to be a force. You can't predict knee injuries.

No it's not good, but we needed a LT and everyone at least gave Baker a 2nd round grade. Only reason we moved up to get him was, because everyone was reaching and he wouldn't have fell.

Injuries are hard to predict even if they have been injury prone. Sometimes you gotta take a chance. I know a lot of people claimed AP was injury prone.

Jerry was a need also and before he got hurt he looked like he was going to be a force. You can't predict knee injuries.

Sir, no excuses. I'm not arguing but you can't defend everything. TD does need to get better at that OL drafting no matter what round.

Okay, disagree with everything I say on the board tonight, but fact is I am not alone on this one. TD does not draft OL or DL well. Not saying he is a bad drafter, I think he's great. But has done poorly in those areas.

Too many excuses. Have they done anything or what? Round matters not. Even if, Baker hasn't even trumped Blalock. Baker 1st round, Blalock 2nd round.

Excuses for drafting depth and guys who could potentially develop into starters? We aren't talking about first rounders. Even second rounders for that matter.

As far as Blalock we got him cause he fell. Not even sure we was gonna draft him, but he was good at Texas and since he fell we snatched him up.

Excuses for drafting depth and guys who could potentially develop into starters? We aren't talking about first rounders. Even second rounders for that matter.

As far as Blalock we got him cause he fell. Not even sure we was gonna draft him, but he was good at Texas and since he fell we snatched him up.

?! okay man

/

I know lower round picks can turn out to be steals and starters. That's hasn't happened for us I know. Think though Hawley could start at center and be good for us with Konz at RG and Holmes eventually LT. If these guys don't pan out then I'll agree.

As far as D line most those guys were lower round guys drafted off of potential and to be developed. Now if none pan out cause they suck is one thing, but I just think some need to see the field more.

The only thing I don't like is we haven't tried drafting higher round D and O line players. Just hasn't worked out that way I guess.

Normally you really don't do that as often as many think. Sometimes drafts and level of talent at other positions don't allowfor it. Its basically like chess.

The point you made earlier didn't make sense and wouldn't during an evaluation. It either is or isn't in the NFL. You have 7 picks to start and you pick whom you believe the best player is. Drafting for depth is another word for, expecting to work their way into the line-up.

I have a feeling that you are just defending TD because you like him. That's fine and all, but this thread so far is showing me quite a bit. Now if I can accept facts about things that I didn't like...I think we all can.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic but...

Normally you really don't do that as often as many think. Sometimes drafts and level of talent at other positions don't allowfor it. Its basically like chess.

The point you made earlier didn't make sense and wouldn't during an evaluation. It either is or isn't in the NFL. You have 7 picks to start and you pick whom you believe the best player is. Drafting for depth is another word for, expecting to work their way into the line-up.

I have a feeling that you are just defending TD because you like him. That's fine and all, but this thread so far is showing me quite a bit. Now if I can accept facts about things that I didn't like...I think we all can.

Exactly.. I mean, I'm a big TD homer, but even I can admit his shortcomings.

Yeah I guess I kind of an defending him in a way. I know most O and some D lines have players starting from later rounds.

Some of ours really were just for depth while the others were meant to develop into starters. Some good O lines though are or was the just when half their starters were drafted in the first couple rounds.