Is This The Yr For Falcons ?

Shredman

IMO

It Has to be

AB and TD have gave Atlanta the best team in its History, By ALOTTTTTTTT

the tread at the Big F about best ever Falcons RB got me to thinking

not only is the Best RB in Falcon History on the roster right now

but also the Best QB , Best TE, The 2 Best WRs , Best Trio of Corners, Best OLB and best DE in Falcons History also reside on this 2012 Roster

Now looking at Falcons History that may not be saying much to fans of Steelers, Cowboys and Packers

But Its a pretty big deal around here I would think...

4 str8 winning seasons

Now is the Time for Falcons to Take the next Step...

Its pretty clear they are 1 of the more Talented Teams in the NFL, Great Owner who wants to win, a GM that has built a roster of Pro Bowl Players, and Players that Play pretty well together....

so what is the Problem ????

is it The HC ?????

is it the QB ?????

is it the Football Gods ????

what ?????

Brass believes it was the cords, well we are gonna start to find out in about a Month .....

M Smith

I love ya man, But your azz is on the line here

M Ryan

what you have done for this team in the wake of the Vick ordeal , may be the best Job any QB has ever done at any time for any team in the History of The NFL....

But your azz is on the hot seat too, maybe not this yr , as Smith will go first... but make no mistake, AB will do anything to win in it all, Its your Team, Now its time to take the next step.....

Thoughts ??????

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problems in no particular order are:

- New Orleans Saints

- Drew Brees

Saints have NEVER , ended Falcons Season

Ever

Only Cowboys , Redskins, Eagles , Packers , Giants and Broncos can make that Claim

and now with all Saints Problems

I dont see um ending Falcons Season in 2012 either bro wink.png

yet you will post a thread whining about cowboys schedule that is 20 times Longer than this post ?????

can we get an objective response here ????

The reason why I stopped is because its not their year.

The Patriots, Packers, Saints, Giants, Ravens, and Eagles are all in a better position than the Falcons.

I dont need to finish your post to know that.

Also, you are right having the best yadda, yadda, yadda on your roster this year doesnt mean much of anything. What was the competition? Its not like you have a storied past filled with greats...****, most of the Lions current roster would be the best players youve ever had. So is it their year?

There should be a better censor system on here. If you say ****, ****, or **** on here there is no telling which one you meant and is totally up to the reader to decipher which one they think fits. Which sorta puts the poster at the mercy of whatever word the reader wants to put there. Just saying.

Edited by Rave

Shred,

The Falcons/Saints rivalry seriously reminds me of the 49er/Saints rivary back in early 90's. The Saints were a good team, and above average team, but the 49er's were slightly better and had their number. The Saints would play them tough, but the 49ers/Montana won the majority of the games and kept the Saints at bay.

Football today is about parity. Most games boil down to 4-5 plays that make the difference in winning or losing. In recent times, the Saints have made those plays against the Falcons.

That's why I say the 2 hurdles are the Saints and Drew Brees.

Edited by SaintRay

The reason why I stopped is because its not their year.

The Patriots, Packers, Saints, Giants, Ravens, and Eagles are all in a better position than the Falcons.

I dont need to finish your post to know that.

The Saints ????

with no HC and atm no QB lol

The Eagles ?????

last I heard they had M Vick as their starting, and I know how that Movie Ends.....

The Ravens ?????

without the DPOY ????

I am surprised you didnt say Cowboys lol

Saints have NEVER , ended Falcons Season

Ever

Only Cowboys , Redskins, Eagles , Packers , Giants and Broncos can make that Claim

and now with all Saints Problems

I dont see um ending Falcons Season in 2012 either bro wink.png

You'd better get thru your division before worrying about winning it all.

I'll objectively say no.

I think a 9-7 or 10-6 season is in the works, with us either missing the POs or being 1 and done yet again. We just don't have the beef up front, we have all the talent you could want at skill positions though.

Yea, I was gonna say.

I agree with him that the skill positions and some select defensive positions are loaded. Not sure it won't be the other areas (Oline) that prove to be their undoing again. Be interesting to see if the coordinators make a huge difference the first year.

Also, I have a hard time seeing AB fire Mike Smith. You guys might be stuck with him for the duration of these players windows, good or bad...

The Saints ????

The Eagles ?????

last I heard they had M Vick as their starting, and I know how that Movie Ends.....

The Ravens ?????

without the DPOY ????

So you seriously believe the Saints are done this year? rolleyes.gif

All of the talent on the roster is still there....and the offseason moves promises, at least right now, a better defensive team.

Cowboys fans figured that one out quick. All this regular season success has gone to the Falcons' fans heads. Pretty soon theyll be expecting playoffs every year and forgetting that you have to earn your way there. Just watch...if its not happened yet.

thats not the approach i am taking

and thats not the approach AB is taking either....

if we dont atleast get a PO win this yr

BIG BIG Changes will be coming.....

I'll objectively say no.

I think a 9-7 or 10-6 season is in the works, with us either missing the POs or being 1 and done yet again. We just don't have the beef up front, we have all the talent you could want at skill positions though.

That's an honest assessment of your team. You are right about the lines, most of the more successful teams in the league are very strong upfront. With that being said though with all the talent of the Falcons skill players they will win a lot games with that alone.

The Saints ????

The Eagles ?????

The Ravens ?????

without the DPOY ????

Ive said time and time again how I feel about my team.

thats not the approach i am taking

and thats not the approach AB is taking either....

if we dont atleast get a PO win this yr

BIG BIG Changes will be coming.....

Thats what people are saying about Dallas this year too, I say Romo will be starting in 2013 regardless.

I'll objectively say no.

Wow, that sounds like a review of the Cowboys to me.

IMO we end up 11-5 and get a playoff game. We all had hopes that last year "was our year". Will it be this season? It better be.

Again this doesn't have to "Be the year" AB will not fire MS, with new coordinators, that will buy MS atleast one more season if all doesn't go to plan this year.

So you seriously believe the Saints are done this year? rolleyes.gif

All of the talent on the roster is still there....and the offseason moves promises, at least right now, a better defensive team.

yes i think Saints will be Fighting to finish at .500

you dont lose the best play caller in the NFL, the Best Guard in the NFL , your Leader on D and have an Uphappy QB and everything just go along like its 2009 again.....

wishful thinking is great, but get real.....

Thats alottttttttttttttttttttttt to over come, and then you have 3 other very good teams in south who smell the blood in the water....

you dont lose the best play caller in the NFL, the Best Guard in the NFL , your Leader on D and have an Uphappy QB and everything just go along like its 2009 again.....

Thats alottttttttttttttttttttttt to over come, and then you have 3 other very good teams in south who smell the blood in the water....

We lost Payton, true, but we replaced Nicks with someone who actually graded out better in run blocking last year, and once Brees signs his long term deal all will be forgotten. Yeah the other teams in the South are better, but the Saints are still one of the better teams in the league not just the division.

I won't mimimize Sean Payton's contribution, because this team was built by him. But Brees and of O-Cord PC can run this offense with their eyes closed. Both have been in the system since Payton showed up in New Orleans.

Ben Grubbs is a Pro Bowler at OG and will adequately replace Nicks. Nicks was better, but it ain't a big dropoff either.

Vilma missed many games in 2010/2011 due to injury. Lofton and Hawthorne are upgrades at LB. Both excel in run support.

Bunkley is an upgrade in the middle of the D-line. It will be extremely tough running up the middle for opposing teams in 2012.

When Brees signs that contract July 15th, he'll be all smiles and just fine.

You are seriously underestimating the 2012 Saints.

Edited by SaintRay